Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
superuniverse

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by superuniverse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:51 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:40 pm
Like all theists talking crap is for them the primary action. No evidence required and nothing to be proved.
Our proof would be your end

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:25 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Like all theists talking crap is for them the primary action. No evidence required and nothing to be proved.

You have nothing. Somehow being on an internet forum makes you brave but in reality you are a worthless coward.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:32 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Show us your evidence , big man...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm

You forget what the default is. The proof lies with you. How many theists have I told that to? They seem to lack any logic but that is why they are only 5% of the population.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Dennis. Imagine a world where nobody had ever made any claims to super-nature and gods, where no religions existed or ever had. If we, as atheists, went around declaring to everybody and anybody who would listen that there are no controlling super-agents that created the world, that there were no supreme beings judging our actions and holding us to account, that there were no moral requirements imposed from some realm beyond the material Universe that oblige us to wear particular clothes, eat particular food, and do particular things with our private parts -- which is to say, if we adopted atheism as a belief system on this imagined world -- we'd soon find ourselves locked away for our own safety. Atheism isn't the religion that's left over once all the other religions have been thrown away because it's not a religion at all - it's a lack or absence of belief in the claims and assertions of the religiously inclined: a response to theism. Atheism makes no sense on its own terms, it only makes sense in relation to religions and the obligation religions seek to place on the faithful and the faithless alike.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:48 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm
They seem to lack any logic but that is why they are only 5% of the population.
Liar. People like you comprise even less than 1% of the population and for good reason. Most people know when to shut their ignorant mouths on serious topics.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:52 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:36 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:48 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Liar. People like you comprise even less than 1% of the population and for good reason. Most people know when to shut their ignorant mouths on serious topics.
Steady on.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:43 pm

superuniverse wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:48 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
We dont comprise any part of the population. That is what you dont understand. We are the default. We are not part of any organised group. We are the don't knows and those that dont have any faith. You theists are unable to think in any other way; you must believe and be in a club. It is almost a drug. You just cannot accept there is nothing. We dont think about it. I dont wake up every morning and say I am an atheist. I dont need to. I am the default. I could not care one iota what you believe. It is like eating cold porridge; it has no point.
I hear the bells on sunday as I live across the road from a church which hopefully is going bankrupt and will not survive the crisis. I dont think anything else but it is a racket on a sunday. It has only one bell which has a pathetic sound. Religion is not important here. We dont have men in frocks at any remembrance. The king was not blessed by anyone with a toilet brush. He is appointed by the government not by any higher being. You are shouting in the smallest room in the house; Dutch houses always have separate toilets. Why bother? Just go into the woods and scream your head off. Nobody will mind here especially after a year of lockdown.
As the late Dave Allen said: "May your god go with you".
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:23 am

So much blah, blah, blah.

We want PROOF OF ATHEISM. You are the ones making the claim, hence this forum.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:31 am

You can't always get what you want

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:32 am

superuniverse wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:48 pm

On the Death of God

Maybe even you fools can understand how the marketplace now becomes God.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:54 am

superuniverse wrote:So much blah, blah, blah.

We want PROOF OF ATHEISM. You are the ones making the claim, hence this forum.
Can you articulate the rational argument which obliges atheists to justify their conclusions about theisms and theists?

I ask because I and others have justified atheism in a number of ways and you've not addressed any of those points. To simply call us liars is not very illuminating and risks your position simply proceeding from its conclusion. To keep repeating your demand for PROOF, ignoring replies and expecting something different is, I'm afraid, a fruitless exercise. What kind of PROOF would you even accept?

Frank Zappa

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:11 am

Show us how the eternal universe was created without God?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:14 am

First you must support the operating premises that the Universe is eternal and created. If we can agree on that, even for the sake of argument, then we might be able move this discussion forward.

Frank Zappa