Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 am

Brian Peacock wrote:Mostly misty and moist.
Sounds like my nether regions.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:20 am

Fuck this god shit, I have scientific proof of gin!

140 proof!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:20 am

Rum wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Mostly misty and moist. And how are you doing now the sun has sunk below the hill until the middle of March?
Not at all well sad to say. When the sky is clear as unusually it has been for a couple of days this week then the five or six hours of daylight help a little with the vitamin D and general sense of being more or less OK. On a cloudy day in north Cumbria it feels like the sun doesn't bother popping over the horizon at all. I grew up in the sub tropics and I 'm not sure I have ever really acclimatised.

And yes - I have tried wanking.
I take vitamin D every two weeks. We have a very sunny apartment facing SE but the sun is not strong enough. I am using a sun-light in the mornings which lifts the spirits. I hate these days especially when it wet and misty which is very common here. In Ireland it is much worse due to its geographical position in the time zone. We were on the west coast and what light there was came very early and by three o'clock it was dark. On top of that it rained most of the time in winter. Very depressing.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 am

Maybe it's rarity that makes us think a condition attractive, and ubiquity that detracts from it. When I lived in Germany, the seemingly incessant greyness and drizzle was dreadful. Oh, to have a day or two of sunshine, glorious sunshine. :cheer:

Conditions are quite different in Australia, especially so where I live. Relentlessly blue sky, and a sun that seems to press on my shoulders day after day after day. When I lived across the road from Tamarama Beach I literally crawled under a rock ledge on the north side of it when not actually surfing, to get away from it. It's the one right underneath the corner of the Surf Life Savers' club house.

Having moved to South Australia, the sun has taken a particular delight in tormenting me with its seemingly eternal presence.

Right now, though, the sky is overcast. It's windy and the occasional shower is being driven across my garden. In a word: cosy. :swoon: It's been like this for most of the past four days. Yes. Four days of happiness, although less exuberantly so than about ten days ago, when I actually ran outside just to get wet by the first proper rain in three months or more.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:06 am

Well I envy you your location Hermit. I suppose one can tire of any location, but I do know that when I used to spend a month at a time in the south of France during the summer when I was working and had most of the school holidays off, my mood lifted noticeably. I suppose getting up every day to an unrelenting sun with not a cloud in the sky can get as tiresome as the mists and short days of mid winter here, but I'll swap if you want. :dance:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 pm

One month of glorious sunshine and blue skies is not exactly a ubiquitous condition. You know it preceded and will be followed by eleven months of predominantly grey, damp, depressing drear, so you will soak it up for everything it is worth. I cannot guarantee it, but I do think that if you lived in an area that officially has 66 "days with rain" out of 365 for several years you will very likely welcome grey, windy and wet days with great enthusiasm and regard the harsh, glaring colours of a cloudless sky and landscape as an oppressive imposition. Keep in mind that here 0.2 millimetres of precipitation officially qualifies a day as "with rain".

Now I feel somewhat sadistic, so behold the Glenelg Jetty in Adelaide.

That's how it looks most of the time, and that is why I like it when it looks like this:

And this is Coffin Bay, a bit over a couple of hours' drive south from my abode:

On an average day you might see two or four recreational fishers with their four wheel drives somewhere in the distance. Probably more in the peak tourist season, but I don't know how many. I've never gone there during the Christmas rush.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:47 pm

The trouble is you have other problems we dont have.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Rum wrote: I suppose getting up every day to an unrelenting sun with not a cloud in the sky can get as tiresome as the mists and short days of mid winter here, :
Nup. He's being unAstrayan. Clear warm days are heaven
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:19 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Rum wrote: I suppose getting up every day to an unrelenting sun with not a cloud in the sky can get as tiresome as the mists and short days of mid winter here, :
Clear warm days are heaven
Certainly. Within reason. Living in Kingscliff you get plenty of cloudy days and rain to balance the sun relentlessly beating down on you. Your annual average of 1735 millimetres compares rather favourably with our 270, and so does the number of cloudy days. I know because I have spent enough time between Suffolk Park and Eumundi over the years.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 pm

It rains way too much here. Rain is for cucks!

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 pm

I just sent rEv a Christmas card. I addressed it:

Bruce & Sheila
Shack-on-the-Beach
Straya

I wonder if he'll get it :hehe:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Variety is the spice of life, so they say. This is why I love being in Welsh hill country - you get all the seasons all in one day. You get that in North Cumbria too, but the seasons are all like the onset of winter. ;)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 pm

tattuchu wrote:I just sent rEv a Christmas card. I addressed it:

Bruce & Sheila
Shack-on-the-Beach
Straya

Probably will. :lol:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:43 pm

tattuchu wrote:I just sent rEv a Christmas card. I addressed it:

Bruce & Sheila
Shack-on-the-Beach
Straya

My best school friend (we got in touch again a few years ago) retired with his Oz missus basically to the beaches on the west sub-tropical coast of Oz. They seem to travel up and down the coast visiting friends, getting pissed and having a swim now and again.

He seems to have planned things rather well.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm

JimC wrote:Fuck this god shit, I have scientific proof of gin!

140 proof!
that's strong proof and strong gin
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping