Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:19 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:24 am
No more scourging of atheists these days, at least in civilised lands. (I know that disappoints you...)

The churches are now toothless tigers. At least vicars can plan Sunday tea parties, so that's all good... :tea:
Church attendance here before Covid was that only 5% attended one sunday a month. The bible belt is the exception but that is all the inbreeding in orthodox protestant circles. Got to keep the myth up to get those beauties. :{D
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 pm

And I want to point to these articles about you annoying deluded scumbags:

https://biologos.org/articles/francis-c ... w-atheists

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/may/17 ... oe-allen17

"Poverty of the imagination," indeed!

NOTE: Always wondered about the whining part.

But now I understand it.

Marcuse has a simple answer how to deal with them - REPRESS THEM!

https://www.marcuse.org/herbert/publica ... ltext.html

"THIS essay examines the idea of tolerance in our advanced industrial society. The conclusion reached is that the realization of the objective of tolerance would call for intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed. In other words, today tolerance appears again as what it was in its origins, at the beginning of the modern period--a partisan goal, a subversive liberating notion and practice. Conversely, what is proclaimed and practiced as tolerance today, is in many of its most effective manifestations serving the cause of oppression." - Herbert Marcuse, Repressive Tolerance

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Bye

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:51 am

superuniverse wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:09 pm
annoying deluded scumbags:
Hey now, I am not deluded! :lay:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 am

Do not allow the intolerant atheist to hijack the public debate with their nonsense.

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:03 am

(Psychiatric interview of a so-called "paranoid schizophrenic" Video)

Already by the middle of 20th century, at least in modern technological societies, we start to see the turn toward treating religion and belief in the afterlife as a psychiatric disorder. Apparently not willing to participate as a wage-earning slave under capitalism is something that needs to be "cured." Psychiatry again shows its commitment to the forces of repression and death, its utter hubris in pretending to answer questions it has no understanding of, and a total empiricism in its concepts. Its sole task is to adjust the unhappy individual to their sick exploitative society.

All this questioning going on by some sort of "doctor"; it is as if she was on trial and has to come clean and be exposed of her tricks.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:49 am

Your bigotry has been tolerated here, rendering your ravings self-defeating. Suck it, Denny-boy.

All your rant are belong to us. :smoke:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 am

superuniverse wrote:

"THIS essay examines the idea of tolerance in our advanced industrial society. The conclusion reached is that the realization of the objective of tolerance would call for intolerance toward prevailing policies, attitudes, opinions, and the extension of tolerance to policies, attitudes, and opinions which are outlawed or suppressed. In other words, today tolerance appears again as what it was in its origins, at the beginning of the modern period--a partisan goal, a subversive liberating notion and practice. Conversely, what is proclaimed and practiced as tolerance today, is in many of its most effective manifestations serving the cause of oppression." - Herbert Marcuse, Repressive Tolerance
Also from the introduction to the article...
Tolerance is an end in itself. The elimination of violence, and the reduction of suppression to the extent required for protecting man and animals from cruelty and aggression are preconditions for the creation of a humane society.
Marcuse argues that we should have no tolerance for the intolerant, the violent, and the oppressive, if we are interested in creating a just and fair society. How does this sit with your desires to see atheists physically punished for their non-belief in your nominated deity - your desire to bring about a 'scourge on atheists' as you put it? Out of you and I Dennis, which of us is advocating intolerant, violent suppression of the other?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 am

Marcuse was accused of the same thing.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 am

Do you want to overthrow capitalism, Dennis?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

superuniverse

Post by superuniverse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 am

I believe capitalism is doing a good job of destroying itself.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 am

Bye bye. So is religion. Thank goodness.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:20 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 am
superuniverse wrote:

Also from the introduction to the article...
Tolerance is an end in itself. The elimination of violence, and the reduction of suppression to the extent required for protecting man and animals from cruelty and aggression are preconditions for the creation of a humane society.
Marcuse argues that we should have no tolerance for the intolerant, the violent, and the oppressive, if we are interested in creating a just and fair society. How does this sit with your desires to see atheists physically punished for their non-belief in your nominated deity - your desire to bring about a 'scourge on atheists' as you put it? Out of you and I Dennis, which of us is advocating intolerant, violent suppression of the other?
I notice you didn't answer the question...
superuniverse wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:31 am
Marcuse was accused of the same thing.
... why do you think that is Dennis?

Marcuse along with the members of the Frankfurt School are reviled by the Right - they embody the very root of what the Right likes to call 'Cultural Marxism' today. The Right accuse the critical theorists of the Frankfurt School of oppression for merely challenging the just-so stories of default Capitalist virtue, and the religious accuse the non-religious, or the differently religious, of oppressing them for the same reason. That reason is given-voice by what the anti-Capitalist and the non-religious represent - that their mere existence is a challenge the power dynamics which have traditionally favoured those with whom they take social, political, and/or economic issue.
JimC wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:02 am
Do you want to overthrow capitalism, Dennis?
superuniverse wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:48 am
I believe capitalism is doing a good job of destroying itself.
"Marxism has predicted 10 out of the last four crises in Capitalism!" -- neo-liberal joke.

Today we're exactly where we were 80 years ago, oppressed by the narratives of a Capitalist ideology which act to justify sets of socio-economic circumstances in perpetual crisis, circumstances which denude societies of the possibility of justice. I do not think that your desire to remove the non-religious from society can be seen in any way other than as a reactionary assault on the concept of justice, an assault which ultimately only strengthens the hand of Capitalism, specifically those modern brands of Capitalist Realism which are expressed most forcefully in nativism, nationalism, and fascism.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT