Check Out The Fucking Stones On This Guy.

Holy Crap!
Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Check Out The Fucking Stones On This Guy.

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Pope blesses Holy Thursday oil for Italy quake victims

Agence France-Presse | 04/09/2009 8:16 PM

VATICAN CITY - Pope Benedict XVI on Thursday reserved part of the oil he traditionally consecrates in the run-up to Easter for the earthquake-ravaged L'Aquila archdiocese in central Italy.

"I wish to send these holy oils to our dear brother (L'Aquila Archbishop) Giuseppe Molinari, who because of the great damage caused by the earthquake cannot gather his faithful today," the pope said.

"May they accompany the time of rebirth and reconstruction, caring for the sick and sustaining hope," he said after celebrating Holy Thursday mass at Saint Peter's Basilica.

In the Roman Catholic tradition, the oil consecrated by priests around the world on Holy Thursday is used throughout the year on various occasions, especially in rites concerning the sick.

Holy Thursday marks the start of Easter celebrations that will culminate in the pope's traditional "urbi et orbi" (to the city and the world) message Sunday.

Later Thursday, Benedict was to preside over another mass at Rome's Saint John in Lateran Basilica commemorating Christ's Last Supper with his disciples, during which he will perform a ritual "washing of the feet."

The Gospels say that Jesus, both God and man at the same time, washed the feet of the apostles on this occasion to signify that he was putting himself at the service of humanity.
as of 04/09/2009 8:17 PM
What a fuckin' asshole :nono:

Why not send some of your ill-gotten gains Don Benedict?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Mishakal
Forum babysitter.

Re: Check Out The Fucking Stones On This Guy.

Post by Mishakal » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:50 pm

What on earth is "holy oil" going to do for the people of L'Aquila?
Gawdzilla wrote:
AshtonBlack wrote:"Fuckin' civvies getting in the way of the bullets..."
Ordnance Absorption Devices.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:51 pm

"Today I sent God's beneficence to the earthquake ravaged areas of Italy to show the faithful that God is not the prick they've been calling him since the quake."
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Mishakal wrote:What on earth is "holy oil" going to do for the people of L'Aquila?
Annoint them?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Gawdzilla Sama
Stabsobermaschinist
About me: My posts are related to the thread in the same way Gliese 651b is related to your mother's underwear drawer.
Location: Sitting next to Ayaan in Domus Draconis, and communicating via PMs.

Post by Gawdzilla Sama » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:10 pm

Animavore wrote:
Mishakal wrote:What on earth is "holy oil" going to do for the people of L'Aquila?
Annoint them?
Might work in the emergency generators. :read:
Ein Ubootsoldat wrote:“Ich melde mich ab. Grüssen Sie bitte meine Kameraden.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Gawdzilla wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Annoint them?
Might work in the emergency generators. :read:
What a shitty little Virgin Mary shaped bottle made in Taiwans' worth of Primrose Oil?

:think: Man :think: