Scientific Proof Of God

Holy Crap!
superuniverse

Re: Scientific Proof Of God

Post by superuniverse » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 am

http://www.marcuse.org/herbert/pubs/64o ... intro.html

"Does not the threat of an atomic catastrophe which could wipe out the human race also serve to protect the very forces which perpetuate this danger?"

A contradiction that must inevitably explode...

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 am

I don't fight god, you can't fight a myth. Might as well fight leprechauns (NOT a good idea, they're hard little bastards). Anyway, I also don't fight capitalism. Capitalism be berry good to me. Could have been better, of course, another couple of zeros on my net worth wouldn't go amiss, but I can't complain. I don't worry about nuclear annihilation either, there're ain't fuck all I can do about it. Plus I lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis and the whole Cold War, so this little kerfuffle barely shows up on the radar.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 am

Yeah, I'm mortal, and the mighty Odin will welcome me at the doors of Valhalla if I die with my sword in my hand. :naughty:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 am

A pork sword? :ask:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:47 am

He does bang on about his invisible friend, doesn't he...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:17 am

superuniverse, if your best argument from anything involves quoting Nostradamus, you lose all credibility in my eyes.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 am

Superuniverse. I have a non-belief in the existence of a God. Theists have a belief in a God. If incontrovertible evidence can be presented for the existence of a God, then I would have no 'non-belief', and consequentially, a theist would no longer be required to have a 'belief', since in both cases they would be replaced by evidential knowledge.
Since you still claim to have a 'belief' in a God, you must therefore have no evidence in this matter.
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 am

What might be funny if it were not tragic is that god botherers insist that god is good when there is incontrovertible evidence that it is evil, having tolerated countless atrocities, general evilness, and leaving so many humans in utter misery.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 am

Svartalf wrote:What might be funny if it were not tragic is that god botherers insist that god is good when there is incontrovertible evidence that it is evil, having tolerated countless atrocities, general evilness, and leaving so many humans in utter misery.
Yabbut free will and original sin...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:03 am

bug it, a good god would have not tolerated the snake in its paradise in the first place... it would not have created the snake in the first place, and it would protect good people from the results of evil ones' free will,

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:18 am

Svartalf wrote:bug it, a good god would have not tolerated the snake in its paradise in the first place... it would not have created the snake in the first place, and it would protect good people from the results of evil ones' free will,
The snake was a very clever device to test human virtuosity. Result: Snake 1 Humans 0.

There are no good or evil people if there were no free will and no agent to test that will.

God's wisdom is clearly beyond your comprehension, but I can help you attain salvation if only you have faith in my ministry and send tithes to my small but swiftly growing mega(to be)church Inc. Check your inbox for the account number to deposit the mulah into, though I do prefer bitcoins, for which I also provided the relevant instructions. Bitcoins are preferable because the taxation office cannot trace them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:25 am

You should say bitcoins are preferable because dollars have the mark of the beast on them

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:27 am

:lol:

God is the ultimate in all his attributes - there can be nothing that is greater than God in any regard. If he is evil then he is absolute more than the most evil thing imaginable, he is the most evil thing possible.

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 am

NineBerry wrote:US dollars have the mark of the beast on them
:fix:

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:29 pm

And the mark of the Masons. The Illuminati are not far behind...

Mark my words! :prof:
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.