What would you do, if you were Dawkins?

Holy Crap!
mistermack
About me: Never rong.

What would you do, if you were Dawkins?

Post by mistermack » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Dawkins, like him or not, is the most high-profile atheist in the world.
He's got the power of a famous name. What would YOU do, if you were Dawkins?

Personally, I would publish a history of Christianity, going backwards in time, to actually show people where the guff that they are being fed ACTUALLY came from.
I really don't think that most people have a clue. They think that god wrote the bible, that the new testament is a real record of Jesus's life, and it's all pretty simple and clear.

If they knew the fog of politics and factions, of creative writing and storytelling in multiple gospels from different people, that led up to the bibles that we see today, they might be less inclined to take it as gospel.

Dawkins wouldn't need to be a bible experts, he could involve the best experts in the project, and just pull it all together.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

klr
(%gibber(who=klr, what=Leprageek);)
About me: The money was just resting in my account.

Re: What would you do, if you were Dawkins?

Post by klr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Use more bad language, to give the common touch.

God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

:mob: :comp: :mob:

JacksSmirkingRevenge
Grand Wazoo
About me: Half man - half yak.

Post by JacksSmirkingRevenge » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Start a crusade. Against everyone.
Sent from my Interositor using Twatatalk.

klr

Post by klr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Get my own talk show.
God has no place within these walls, just like facts have no place within organized religion. - Superintendent Chalmers

It's not up to us to choose which laws we want to obey. If it were, I'd kill everyone who looked at me cock-eyed! - Rex Banner

The Bluebird of Happiness long absent from his life, Ned is visited by the Chicken of Depression. - Gary Larson

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Shag as many starry-eyed atheist bimbos as possible. Make a bit of dosh flogging merchandise online. Piss off as many religious morons as possible. Hang on, he's already done all that. OK, maybe a nice cruise to the Bahamas.

Seriously, I'd pretend to convert to Christianity, rise high in the church hierarchy and then publish all their dirty secrets on Wikileak.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

klr

Post by klr » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

laklak wrote:Shag as many starry-eyed atheist bimbos as possible. Make a bit of dosh flogging merchandise online. Piss off as many religious morons as possible. Hang on, he's already done all that. OK, maybe a nice cruise to the Bahamas.

Seriously, I'd pretend to convert to Christianity, rise high in the church hierarchy and then publish all their dirty secrets on Wikileak.
Is he the Wilt Chamberlain of Atheism? :shock:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:30 pm

Stick to evolutionary biology.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 am

Animavore wrote:Stick to evolutionary biology.
:this:

And stop posting on Twitter

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:54 am

Let's see now. Almost 40 years ago I became famous for highlighting the primacy of the gene and its role in human behaviour. More recently I came out firmly in favour of eugenics. In order to preserve my claim of being both a reasonable and above all rational man I must take the next logical step: Join the Nazi Party.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:56 am

Hermit wrote:Let's see now. Almost 40 years ago I became famous for highlighting the primacy of the gene and its role in human behaviour. More recently I came out firmly in favour of eugenics. In order to preserve my claim of being both a reasonable and above all rational man I must take the next logical step: Join the Nazi Party.
Please provide the link where or source where you believe Dawkins "came out firmly in favor of eugenics"

And, no, Dawkins recent moralizing on whether a Downs pregnancy should carried to term is not it.

If for no other reason than that people with Downs are almost always infertile.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:22 am

Fertility is estimated to be present in 30–50% of women. Without assisted reproductive technologies, around half of the children of someone with Down syndrome will also have the syndrome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:43 am

Even so, how is recommending an abortion anything like advocating eugenics

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:02 am

It's not. Except when it's specifically aimed at genetically "inferior" foetuses because of their genetic "inferiority".

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 am

I'd buy a horse. I'd buy a sheep. I'd wanna get me a good night's sleep. Living in a home in the heart of the country.
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:21 am

Dawkins could not possibly address the faults of Christianity as well as Joseph mcCabe. An entire library:
http://infidels.org/library/historical/the.html#chr

Sorry, you have to type yes and enter submit these days.

And the link does not work. So go to author index, Joseph McCabe and big blue books. He was a monk once. Teaching order, Franciscan? Only real predecessor to Dawkins.