Miss Beverly Hills Thinks God Wants Gays 'Put to Death'

truthinScience
About me: Homeless and destitute was I—well, look at me now!

Re: Miss Beverly Hills Thinks God Wants Gays 'Put to Death'

Post by truthinScience » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 am

This is classic. I love how, according to her, some fictitious deity knows more about life than those who are, I don't know, real. I also find it difficult to imagine her having "gay friends" that don't hate her. Call me crazy but I tend not to feel all warm and cuddly about people who think I should be dead and/or killed. Call me crazy but I tend to prefer that my friends have some respect of my mere existence; being alive.
:kingdp:
Find me on MySpace, friend me on Facebook, and stalk me on Twitter.
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
Bored, watch this: This was a video posted in sarcasm by the great stijndeloose from RDF.net.
Favorite RDF.net moment:
swiatlo wrote:I not have made such a claim [about the earth being covered with water]. The Earth was covered with water...

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 am

I never watch MSNBC but this Keith Obermann bloke seems pretty cool.
The elected officials of city of Beverly Hills are not demonstrating tolerance or kindness by continuing the avalanche of hatred against supporters of Prop 8.
- National Organization for Marriage President, Maggie Gallagher

That's the Christian persecution complex in a nutshell, isn't it? How dare you discriminate against our bigotry!

blackarmada

Post by blackarmada » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Her God didn't feel very uptight about women being given to a mob to be gang raped

Coito ergo sum

Post by Coito ergo sum » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:33 pm

The girl is just not very bright, and my guess is she hasn't even read the Bible. Her reading comprehension skills probably do not reach that level.

Alan B

Post by Alan B » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Coito ergo sum wrote:The girl is just not very bright, and my guess is she hasn't even read the Bible. Her reading comprehension skills probably do not reach that level.
She almost certainly hasn't read this bit:
1 Sam 31:4 where Saul ask his armourer to put him to death so that the uncircumcised Philistines 'don't pierce me and abuse me'...
So if these Philistines were circumcised, it would be OK, then?
The Bible is implying that only circumcised gays are legit?
Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power - Eric Hoffer.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer proof nor do I have to determine absence of proof because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.

MattHunX
About me: I love science-fiction, I like listening to music (all kinds, but mostly power-metal), gaming and daydreaming a lot. Also reading a book now and then and some articles.
Location: Milky Way/Sol/Earth/Mid-East European Backwater (aka Hungary)

Post by MattHunX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 am

"That isn't really the issue. I have a lot of friends that are gay, and ... I have a lot of friends who have different views, and we share our views together," she said. "There's no hate between me and anyone."
Sure, there isn't. She just shares the belief that her gay friends should be put down. How typical. Pretty face, with an empty head. I would love to see her try on some high-heels and then trip...onto a spike, which just happened to be protruding from the side of the stage. That would make my day.

I can't stand these airheads!

When will America, or just a state, or just a county...or just one city have a Little Miss Sunshine With a Brain!?
Rhetorical...
Once he ruled all his lands with a firm iron hand,
Not a queen by his side never knew the reason why
At the end of the tale I now finally see
That the Tragic King is me

All alone on my throne once held powers so strong
Searched for wisdom of Gods and the will to carry on
In my eyes you can see peaceful rest finally
Behold King of Tragedy

Axenstar - King of Tragedy

rumbelow

Post by rumbelow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:30 pm

In my opinion people like this and by that I mean such as Miss Beverly Hills and suchlike possibly or maybe did not have the sort of background such as would have enabled such persons like Miss Beverly Hills to enjoy true freedom of thought, critical type thinking and therefore rational debate and such and so-on as is the case for many people in the United States but importantly the world is a global type situation sort of place with many different nations and such and we can make it a better world if such as the USA and Africa and such like could swap places and resources etc...yeah! Thank you.

Gareth1984

Post by Gareth1984 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:59 am

"That isn't really the issue. I have a lot of friends that are gay, and ... I have a lot of friends who have different views, and we share our views together," she said. "There's no hate between me and anyone."
Ah the old "I have [insert group the invidual dislikes] friends" defence, the usual defence of any racist or homophobic bigot in a last ditch attempt to excuse the bigotted bollocks that they have just spouted.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" Carl Sagan

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:05 am

Agrippina wrote:She's too fat! :biggrin:
I quite like substantial women... :shifty:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

MissingNo.
Cheese is christ

Post by MissingNo. » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:09 am

Gareth1984 wrote:
Ah the old "I have [insert group the invidual dislikes] friends" defence, the usual defence of any racist or homophobic bigot in a last ditch attempt to excuse the bigotted bollocks that they have just spouted.
It's become such a huge cliche of the defensive bigot that I imagine you need to be extremely ignorant to seriously defend yourself in that manner.

Gareth1984

Post by Gareth1984 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:19 am

heyzeus wrote:
Gareth1984 wrote:
It's become such a huge cliche of the defensive bigot that I imagine you need to be extremely ignorant to seriously defend yourself in that manner.
The only thing more cliche whilst defending bigotry is to start your sentance with "i'm not racist" etc before proceeding to say something which is racist.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring" Carl Sagan

cursuswalker
About me: The man who bacame a Pagan.
The Pagan who became a Druid.
The Druid who became an Atheist.
The Atheist who remained a Pagan Druid.

In an infinite Universe, anything is possible...

Post by cursuswalker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 am

heyzeus wrote:
Gareth1984 wrote:
As a good example an EX friend of mine, who turned out to be a little homophobic (due to being so far in the closet she's in fucking Narnia) defended herself by saying that she has plenty of gay friends at work who she gets on with.

Really? How brave of her to not abuse gay people in the ONE context where it would get her fired!
ImageTHE DRUIDIC ORDER OF NATURALISTS
http://www.caerabred.org/

Thumpalumpacus
About me: Texan by birth, musician by nature, writer by avocation, freethinker by inclination.

Post by Thumpalumpacus » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:39 am

sepermeru wrote:I think she's trying to "cleverly" sanitize it so it says death is just a natural consequence of being gay.
... and apparently not realizing that death is a result of life.
these are things we think we know
these are feelings we might even share
these are thoughts we hide from ourselves
these are secrets we cannot lay bare.

rumbelow

Post by rumbelow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 am

Lauren Ashley...opposite of Miss Beverly Hills apparently...so claims the city of Beverly Hills anyway.
Except, well, she’s not from Beverly Hills; she lives in Pasadena. She just kind of took that moniker because it was available and sounds oh so fancy. However, there isn’t actually a beauty pageant for Beverly Hills, and the participants in the pageant get to choose their own locations. And the city of Beverly Hills would rather she not be associated with their simple town.

In a statement Wednesday, the city said it was “shocked” by Ashley’s description of herself as “Miss Beverly Hills.” The city “does not sponsor a beauty pageant and has no association with Miss California USA,” the statement said. “As such, there should be no individual claiming the title of Miss Beverly Hills.”
To Beverly Hills Mayor Nancy Krasne, those were fighting words. “We are dismayed by any potential association with the city of Beverly Hills, which has a long history of tolerance and respect,” Krasne said. (LA Times)
http://prop8trialtracker.com/