Holy shit!

eXcommunicate
Mr Handsome Sr.

Holy shit!

Post by eXcommunicate » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:32 am

The law is now set up in such a way that companies can get around hiring qualified U.S. citizens for work so the company can ship in foreign workers with an H1b green card. The video below demonstrates the way a company can legally do this, denying jobs to QUALIFIED American workers (says so straight out of their mouths) so they can get green card workers from out-of-country. The "not enough qualified American workers" meme is a fucking sham:

Michael Hafer
You know, when I read that I wanted to muff-punch you with my typewriter.
One girl; two cocks. Ultimate showdown.

maiforpeace
Account Suspended at Member's Request

Re: Holy shit!

Post by maiforpeace » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:33 pm

eXcommunicate wrote:The law is now set up in such a way that companies can get around hiring qualified U.S. citizens for work so the company can ship in foreign workers with an H1b green card. The video below demonstrates the way a company can legally do this, denying jobs to QUALIFIED American workers (says so straight out of their mouths) so they can get green card workers from out-of-country. The "not enough qualified American workers" meme is a fucking sham:

While the cost of visas aren't cheap, they still are cheaper than having to pay competitive wages.

They also give these applications priority over regular Immigration business, like citizenship or green card applications. :nono:
Atheists have always argued that this world is all that we have, and that our duty is to one another to make the very most and best of it. ~Christopher Hitchens~
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/379 ... 3be9_o.jpg[/imgc]

AshtonBlack
Tech Monkey
Tech Monkey

Post by AshtonBlack » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:37 pm

It's the American Dream! Free Market (within the law.) What else did you expect? Justice? Fairness? No, it's just business.

10 Fuck Off
20 GOTO 10
Ashton Black wrote:"Dogma is the enemy, not religion, per se. Rationality, genuine empathy and intellectual integrity are anathema to dogma."

Fanny
Benny Lava Lava

Post by Fanny » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Well, much as it's not nice, it's completely legal and transparent here. This should prompt the law to be changed. If they get round it legally and transparently, its impetus for the federal or state government to get about changing it.
Fanny - obnoxious bastard extraodinaire

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 am

eXcommunicate wrote:The law is now set up in such a way that companies can get around hiring qualified U.S. citizens for work so the company can ship in foreign workers with an H1b green card.
Welcome to free enterprise and the global economy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 am

Part of my job is helping our foreign national employees obtain H1Bs and often eventually helping them with the PERM process... should I run and hide now?

:sofa:
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/

eXcommunicate
Mr Handsome Sr.

Post by eXcommunicate » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:04 am

Bella Fortuna wrote:Part of my job is helping our foreign national employees obtain H1Bs and often eventually helping them with the PERM process... should I run and hide now?

:sofa:
Men generally make exceptions for hotties. :flowers:
Fanny wrote:Well, much as it's not nice, it's completely legal and transparent here. This should prompt the law to be changed. If they get round it legally and transparently, its impetus for the federal or state government to get about changing it.
yeah, I know it's completely legal. That's the problem to me. :) I'm not sure if this will change though. Undoubtedly anyone who introduces a bill to change this will get a dressing down from the business lobby and cries of "racism" or "isolationism" from Republicants.

What's killing me about this video is that there is a deception process occurring. Ads for positions are placed in hundreds of American newspapers, so as to collect resumes from American workers. And then, no matter if they are qualified or not, the resumes are simply filed away and the positions given to HB1 workers. The point being the companies can say to the government that they "tried" to fill the position with an American, but there were not enough qualified American applicants. Fucking fraud. It's all there straight from their mouths on the video!
Michael Hafer
You know, when I read that I wanted to muff-punch you with my typewriter.
One girl; two cocks. Ultimate showdown.

Bella Fortuna
Sister Golden Hair
About me: Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do, till you require.

Post by Bella Fortuna » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:17 am

Admittedly, I don't know much about the whole larger state of these issues other than what I do in the line of my work... but we do, as part of the PERM process, have to post the individual's job as a vacancy as required by the feds. We call these "phony baloney searches" because the so-called 'vacancy' has been filled by the employee for several years. Yet the government requires us to do it. It makes no sense (huge shock there). :dono: Luckily we've never had anyone actually apply for these jobs, because we can post them strictly in the department (where no one would really see it ), and not advertise it outside like we would for a real vacancy.

And eXc... Thanks. ;)
Sent from my Bollocksberry using Crapatalk.
Food, cooking, and disreputable nonsense: http://miscreantsdiner.blogspot.com/