Vaccine Thread (Beyond Coronavirus thread)

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Vaccine Thread (Beyond Coronavirus thread)

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:38 am

Cunt wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:23 pm
I'm surprised at how firmly you avoid discussion on the subject of fatties choosing to be a burden, and choosing to be unhealthy (not a problem unless medicine is a 'pooled resource') and pretending that it isn't just overindulgence and laziness worn like a fine suit of undiscipline.
I do not avoid discussion on the subject of fatties. I just keep asking you for independent and verifiable statistical evidence that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity".
Hermit wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:17 am
Obesity might increase the likelihood of infection to some extent or another, but multiply? If that were the case there'd have to be some pretty solid statistics available in support. Like the statistics showing that in the time 204 deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the 0-18 year age bracket and another 1684 in the 18-29 bracket, 133,557 people in the 75-84 bracket and 151,344 people aged 85 and over died from the same causes. That's from the CDC's Table one here. I could not find a statistical correlation between obesity and Covid-19 related morbidity. Can you? I'll wait. If you forget, I'll remind you. Or you could admit right now you just made the whole thing up because the idea harmonises with the rest of your mindset.
Still waiting for you to provide the statistics for that assertion. Not holding my breath, though. Your record for backing your assertions up with independent and verifiable statistics is non-existent. I am not optimistic that this will change.

Also, if I had denied that obese, or even just overweight people were a burden on society, you'd be able to quote me on that. You are not, for I have never made such a denial. You won't find my take on overindulgence and laziness regarding overweight people either. I have not written anything about it.

You have pasted a list of factors that place people at a higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 now. The following points are noteworthy:

a) While the list mentions "higher risk for severe illness", it does not claim higher risk of catching the disease.
b) Among the dozen listed factors, age is at the top of the list, and "People living with obesity" at the bottom.
c) It stipulates that people with severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher) are at risk. According to the CDC a BMI of 30 and above is classed as obese, 25-29.9 is overweight and 18.5-24.9 is normal.

This means that you are not even right in lumping all obese people into the high risk class of being severely affected by the Coronavirus, and as mentioned above, there is not as much as a hint that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease". Your common sense is faulty. If weight loss were more effective in protecting the community from more covid-damage than wearing masks, all health organisations in the world would be shouting this message out from the rooftops. They don't because the data don't support your view.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:14 am

It makes sense to me. Doesn't matter to me if it makes sense to you or not. I don't ask you to back up your hogwash about who is or isn't racist, and wouldn't expect demanding you do so would be worthwhile in any way.

The obese (you can check yourself, if you have the fortitude to change your weight) run their heart faster when they are fatter, and slower when they are less fat. (within reason) The benefits drop off as one reaches a heathy weight, but even saying 'healthy weight' can trigger some fat-apologetics in some.

The heart runs on, among other things, air.

But don't worry, you aren't wrong. I am.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:52 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:14 am
It makes sense to me.
So does the concept of jihad to a fundamentalist muslim, or the idea that all on this forum will burn in hell for eternity, to a fundamentalist christian.

"It makes sense to me" is a faith statement, not a rational argument.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 am

Cunt wrote:
It makes sense to me.
So you keep saying. The CDC does not agree with your assertions that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity" because there are no data that support the first one, and only support the second one to a limited degree.
Cunt wrote:
The obese run their heart faster when they are fatter, and slower when they are less fat.
Have you by any chance found something I wrote to the contrary?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:04 am

To Cunt, the "obesity epidemic" is one of the key threats the human race is facing.

Almost as bad as trans gender people...
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:07 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:04 am
...the "obesity epidemic" is one of the key threats the human race is facing.
And antifa is doing nothing about it! NOTHING! :lay:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:46 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 am
Cunt wrote:
It makes sense to me.
So you keep saying. The CDC does not agree with your assertions that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity" because there are no data that support the first one, and only support the second one to a limited degree.
Cunt wrote:
The obese run their heart faster when they are fatter, and slower when they are less fat.
Maintaining obesity is a huge job. It takes more EVERYTHING. From air, to couch springs, the whole supply chain feels more strain from the self-indulgent.

But don't worry, breathing all that extra air doesn't spray more droplets.

Back to vaccines, are they doing antibody testing? Does having had the disease make it make sense to skip the vaccine? Or take it anyway?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:59 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:46 am
Hermit wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:02 am
Cunt wrote:
It makes sense to me.
Cunt wrote:
Maintaining obesity is a huge job. It takes more EVERYTHING. From air, to couch springs, the whole supply chain feels more strain from the self-indulgent.
Undoubtedly.

Missing: Statistics substantiating that "Obesity multiplies the spreading of this disease, AND the severity". You know, like statistics that substantiate beyond the shadow of a doubt that old age multiplies the chances of dying as a result of being infected by the Coronavirus. Here they are again: Like the statistics showing that in the time 204 deaths involving Covid-19 occurred in the 0-18 year age bracket and another 1684 in the 18-29 bracket, 133,557 people in the 75-84 bracket and 151,344 people aged 85 and over died from the same causes.

If your speculation is correct statistics concerning obese people should exist and be publicly available. Still waiting.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 am

Why would you think I would go run down stats for you?

If you wanted to count heartbeats, and consider that when you are fat, you breath more, you could see one clear increase.

You could also, if you know a bunch of people, pretty easily see that fat folk are sicker, more often, than their healthy-sized peers.

But it's better to point out how sloppy I am in my speech. More of a win for you.

The Supreme Accuser couldn't have done it better.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:14 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 am
Why would you think I would go run down stats for you?
They are not for me. They would make your speculations credible.
Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 am
...fat folk are sicker, more often, than their healthy-sized peers.
Fine, but I did not ask for substantiation of that.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 am

He's just triggered by fat people. He's all freedum this, freedum that, but not when it comes to people's eating habits.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:34 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 am
He's just triggered by fat people. He's all freedum this, freedum that, but not when it comes to people's eating habits.
They're almost as bad as feminist Democrats! :hairfire:
And my gin!

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 am

Study: Underweight People Have a Greater Risk of Death Than Obese People

A new study finds that clinically underweight people have almost twice the risk of death, compared to obese individuals.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ese-040314

Force feed the skinnies ??? :roll:
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:38 am

macdoc wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:36 am
Study: Underweight People Have a Greater Risk of Death Than Obese People

A new study finds that clinically underweight people have almost twice the risk of death, compared to obese individuals.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... ese-040314

Force feed the skinnies ??? :roll:
Special shakes made after liposuction of the fatties... :tea:
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:04 am

Excuse excess, absolutely.

Can't fake fat. It takes dedication, consistency and a LOT of food. It looks prestigious on a body.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: