All Things Trump: the story continues...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: All Things Trump: the story continues...

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:28 am

Cunt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:56 am
He strikes me as a lot more honest than those who attack him stupidly.
Why did you bother quoting me? Your post does not touch on anything you quoted.

But since you changed the subject once again, I'll comment on the new topic. Trump started his presidency with a brazen lie. He knew it was a lie, and he never let up lying, but I understand why he would strike you as a lot more honest. You have a long history of proving that facts will never get in the way of your biases and opinions.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:38 am

I've heard him described as the president who has told the most lies, and the most honest president, by the same guy, in the same breath.

I don't have a problem believing that, or noting when he lied, or when he was honest.

I like when he lied "who built the cages, Joe?"

That was fucking funny because of course Joe didn't build anything. Butter-soft office hands. But he fucking knew the lie was true.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:00 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:33 am

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-27/ ... /100033168
Dominion Voting Systems has filed a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Fox News, arguing the cable news giant, in an effort to boost faltering ratings, falsely claimed that the voting company had rigged the 2020 US presidential election.

The lawsuit is part of a growing body of legal action filed by the voting company and other targets of misleading, false and bizarre claims spread by former president Donald Trump and his allies in the aftermath of Trump's election loss to Joe Biden.

Those claims helped spur on rioters who stormed the US Capitol on January 6 in a violent siege that left five people dead, including a police officer.

The siege led to Trump's historic second impeachment.

Dominion was arguing that Fox News, which amplified inaccurate assertions that Dominion altered votes, "sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process," according to a copy of the lawsuit obtained by The Associated Press.
Bankrupt the bastards! :Jack:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:11 am

Dear old Rupert could easily cover the damages (less than 10% of his net worth) but I doubt it will never come to that.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:30 am

At least all those poor lawyers will be able to afford a new Porsche...
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 pm

For those interesting in American history and the possibility of a more perfect Union...

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:24 am

The first three minutes sufficed to realise exactly what that shortlived "report" was.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Yep, white supremacist propaganda published by the White House.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:13 am

Trump says he developed American vaccines against the Chinese virus, and:
“Time has proven me correct,” he said. “I only kept Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx on because they worked for the U.S. government for so long — they are like a bad habit!”

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:21 am

Tero wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:13 am
Trump says he developed American vaccines against the Chinese virus, and:
“Time has proven me correct,” he said. “I only kept Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx on because they worked for the U.S. government for so long — they are like a bad habit!”
"Dr. Fauci is also the king of “flip-flops” and moving the goalposts to make himself look as good as possible." "Dr. Birx is a proven liar with very little credibility left. Many of her recommendations were viewed as "pseudo-science."

Oh, the irony.

Full text here.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:17 am

AT&T said Trump's tax cut would create jobs – now it's laying off thousands of workers
The telecoms giant has closed hundreds of stores and cut 3,400 jobs amid the pandemic

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, the telecoms giant AT&T has announced permanent closures of hundreds of retail stores around the US and laid off thousands of workers.

The closures and losses include 320 company-owned retail stores announced in November and December 2020 and 250 stores announced in June 2020, including an estimated 3,400 cuts in technician, clerical, managerial and executive roles.

The moves come despite the company’s keen support for a major corporate tax cut under Donald Trump, which it claimed would spur it to create jobs – not cut them.

AT&T is also closing dozens of retail stores this spring around the US, including three stores in the Minneapolis-St Paul, Minnesota, area where workers and their union, the Communications Workers of America Local 7250, are pushing back against the cuts.

“It’s a move that will erase living wage jobs replaced by non-union, substandard jobs in terms of wages, benefits and safety,” said the CWA Local 7250 president, Kieran Knutson. “It’s an attack on this group of workers, the communities that they’re in and on our union.”
The UK should take note.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:13 pm

We have a new date
960236F1-AC1F-4DFD-BEE4-2E19ADE6342D.jpeg
(Pillow guy)
But in Friday comments on the War Room: Pandemic podcast, which is hosted by former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, Lindell claimed he has been collecting evidence that will soon be brought before the Supreme Court.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:24 am

Prosecutions of the more serious crimes committed during the Trumpist sacking of the US Capitol will take some time. Meanwhile --

'Many Capitol rioters unlikely to serve jail time'
Americans outraged by the storming of Capitol Hill are in for a jarring reality check: Many of those who invaded the halls of Congress on Jan. 6 are likely to get little or no jail time.

While public and media attention in recent weeks has been focused on high-profile conspiracy cases against right-wing, paramilitary groups like the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys, the most urgent decisions for prosecutors involve resolving scores of lower-level cases that have clogged D.C.’s federal district court.

A POLITICO analysis of the Capitol riot-related cases shows that almost a quarter of the more than 230 defendants formally and publicly charged so far face only misdemeanors. Dozens of those arrested are awaiting formal charges, even as new cases are being unsealed nearly every day.

In recent days, judges, prosecutors and defense attorneys have all indicated that they expect few of these “MAGA tourists” to face harsh sentences.

There are two main reasons: Although prosecutors have loaded up their charging documents with language about the existential threat of the insurrection to the republic, the actions of many of the individual rioters often boiled down to trespassing. And judges have wrestled with how aggressively to lump those cases in with those of the more sinister suspects.

“My bet is a lot of these cases will get resolved and probably without prison time or jail time,” said Erica Hashimoto, a former federal public defender who is now a law professor at Georgetown. "One of the core values of this country is that we can protest if we disagree with our government. Of course, some protests involve criminal acts, but as long as the people who are trying to express their view do not engage in violence, misdemeanors may be more appropriate than felonies.”

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:28 am

So, not going to the re-education camps... :nono:

:hehe:
And my gin!