This should never happen!

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

This should never happen!

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:36 am

This is what happens when you give no strings aid to a country.

'A race against time': the new law putting Somalia's children at risk of marriage
Child marriage in the country has increased during coronavirus – and now a newly-tabled bill would allow children as young as 10 to marry

Fardowsa Salat Mohamed was 15 when her cousin asked her parents for her hand in marriage. Her father did not hesitate to say yes. When Mohamed objected, her father asked her to choose between “a curse and a blessing”.

“That was not a choice for me, I was basically forced,” she says. “No girl would ever choose to be cursed by her parents so I had to accept the marriage,”

Mohamed, who is from the town of Baidoa in south-central Somalia, was at school, dreaming of becoming a doctor. She had to drop everything and become a wife. Three years later, Mohamed was divorced with two children. She is now back living at her parents’ house.

According to the latest government figures, 34% of Somali girls are married before they reach 18, and 16% of them before their 15th birthday.
This practise should banned world wide. Aid should never be given without conditions.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: This should never happen!

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am

WTF you babbling about? what's the link between this sorry state of things and no strings foreign aid?

anyway, my take on somalia is that we should invade and recolonize, they can't govern themselves anyway.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:04 am

Bomb the cunts!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am
WTF you babbling about? what's the link between this sorry state of things and no strings foreign aid?
Isn't it obvious? Unless aid to Somalia is conditional on the prohibition of child-marriage it is of no benefit at all.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:01 pm

well, I don't even know that they receive any foreign aid from states...

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:52 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:01 pm
The US government has provided aid to Somalia for decades. Keep in mind that it was not prompted by humanitarianism. The motivation was to prevent other powers to make the country a part of their sphere of influence. Also keep in mind that much aid consists of cheap loans, and that there are strings attached to those loans; the money has to be spent on buying obsolete US arms or products manufactured by US companies whose bribery lobbying budget is big enough to achieve a favourable outcome.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:01 pm
How do you think the most corrupt country in the world survives?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:42 pm

my first reflex would be to say by conning and playing tear jerk games with NGO's and other private misery relief organisations.

Because, given the power mechanics of the place, and the fact the so called 'government' is both extremely corrupt and virtually powerless, I'm surprised any state in their right mind would send a red cent that way.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:42 pm
Because, given the power mechanics of the place, and the fact the so called 'government' is both extremely corrupt and virtually powerless, I'm surprised any state in their right mind would send a red cent that way.
$441 million is just a place holder. That's what the US made available to Somalia via USAID in 2018 alone. "The United States has been Somalia’s largest donor for decades, propping up a succession of weak governments". From the same article: "The U.S. government expends massively on military ordnance in Somalia" "The United States also has around 500 troops based in the country that often accompany the Somali army and special operations forces on ground raids." Ostensibly fighting the local Islamist terrorists, known as al-Shabab. The fact that they simultaneously deny other powers from gaining a toehold in the area is just a coincidence, to be sure.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm

I wonder why the USA will not intervene in this stupid law making? Remember also Somalia has one of the highest levels of women's gentile abuse. It is not only corrupt but no girl is safe. A disgusting muslim country.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:26 pm

The US intervening to protect the human rights of black people? the irony would be rich enough to make bill gates and elon musk look like paupers.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm
I wonder why the USA will not intervene in this stupid law making? Remember also Somalia has one of the highest levels of women's gentile abuse. It is not only corrupt but no girl is safe. A disgusting muslim country.
Gentile abuse? Isn't that what those pesky Jews do when they taunt us with rude gestures?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 pm

JimC wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:59 pm
Gentile abuse? Isn't that what those pesky Jews do when they taunt us with rude gestures?
Ok I am very tired. My tinnitus is going through the roof. We all know what I meant. Hang all those bastards by their balls.This is the religion of peace and the protection of women.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:26 pm

Eight years old FFS.