Bothsidesing

Seabass
About me: Antifa Provocateur

Bothsidesing

Post by Seabass » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Ok, I was going to try to let this go, but this one is too fucking crazy. We now know that the Trump administration's covid plan was to let people in blue states die, then blame Democratic governors for the deaths:
Animavore wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:25 pm
Jesus fuck!
Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07 ... w2U8oOmbOA
Seriously, this is fucking psychotic. Not necessarily surprising from this bunch, but still stunning. I mean, we are getting close to eugenics/genocide territory here. If we're not in the same neighborhood, we're in the same postal code. These fuckers were going to let a deadly infectious disease burn through blue states and then blame Democratic governors for the deaths in order to gain a political advantage so they could hold on to power. I'd go so far as to say that this is some evil shit, not to mention stupid, given how spectacularly it failed.

So my question is this: does ANYONE think an Obama administration would have done something like this? Well, we know he wouldn't have done this because there were several outbreaks during his presidency and they always put science before politics as any sane, decent person would do. But can you fucking imagine how absolutely BERSERK the Republican half of the country would have gone if Obama had done something like this? There would have been impeachment, investigations, commissions, hearings, trials, the whole nine yards, and god knows what else. But Trump does it and no one bats an eyelid. Just another Thursday. Shrug. This is seriously fucked.

So I just want people to remember the Kushner covid strategy the next time bothsidesing rears its absurd head. They are NOT all the same...
"Holy shit, Mary. You're stacked!" —Donald Trump, upon seeing his niece Mary in a swimsuit.

rainbow
About me: Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Belts off, trousers down
Isn't life a scream?
Whoa!

Re: Bothsidesing

Post by rainbow » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 am

They are genuinely too stupid to be properly evil.
:smug:
I do hope that the new administration gets to the bottom of this, but I actually believe that it is incompetence rather than intent.
aingira usaina duzu

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Bothsidesing

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Nothing is not low enough for Trump. We are going to see some very strange happenings in the next few months. Just remember he only has to win the Electoral College. The popular vote counts for bugger all. There will be some very rich Electors by the time the vote is over.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".