AmeriKKKa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

AmeriKKKa

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:51 pm

Holding a Black Lives Matter Sign in America's Most Racist Town

Wow, that's a lot of economic anxiety!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Re: AmeriKKKa

Post by Seabass » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:59 pm

[Lee] Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry Dent and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [Reagan] doesn't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 [...] and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster...

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 pm

Dude's got a death wish.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:50 pm

Yeah, Harrison was one of the sundown towns when I was growing up.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:44 am

And when the day finally comes
We'll be so far away
They'll never know what we stole
It'll be all hidden away
And we can supply our own energy
God knows we own enough companies
Maybe even start our own country
Where all rich, white men are free
Ironically prophetic.

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:01 pm

So much economic anxiety! This woman is clearly very concerned about the ballooning deficit!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Yeah you fucking bitch!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 pm

Her name is probably Karen...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 am

Racist with Tourettes makes her no less a racist.

Hasn't been uploaded to Youtube yet, though it undoubtedly will be shortly. Meanwhile you can see the video here.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:34 am

I'd have fucking decked the miserable cunt.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:28 am

I'd have dropped her with a double-tap.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Joe

Post by Joe » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:02 am

I wonder what set the miserable harridan off. There's bound to be some mental illness there.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:07 am

some mental illness there.
By the way her husband (?) behind her was acting, yeah, I bet, I doubt this is the first time he's called for help.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:42 am

The video at the start shows some truly horrible behavior. A town like that here may have been Vidor at some point.
Black Lives Matter Comes to Vidor—Yes, Vidor
"Vidor, Texas,” boomed the Reverend Michael Cooper, thin and tall in his cowboy hat, “will now be known for love!” The crowd, assembled at a dilapidated pavilion on the grounds of Vidor’s Raymond Gould Community Center, cheered. Vidor has been known for many things—among them the activities of the Ku Klux Klan in the nineties; its status as a “sundown town,” in which blacks were not allowed in city limits after dark; and an ugly fight in the early nineties over a federal effort to desegregate public housing in the city, which caused Texas Monthly, in a cover story that year, to describe Vidor as Texas’s “most hate-filled town.” The census estimates it to be 91 percent white.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/black ... ter-vidor/

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:22 pm

NRA targetted:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-a ... 55jdw.html
New York’s Attorney-General is suing the National Rifle Association, seeking to put the gun advocacy organisation out of business over allegations that executives engaged in a decades-long pattern of fraud.

Attorney-General Letitia James’ lawsuit, filed in state court in Manhattan on Thursday after an 18-month investigation, highlights allegations that have roiled the NRA and its longtime leader, Wayne LaPierre.

Allegations of financial misuse range from hair and makeup for LaPierre's wife to a $17 million ($23.6 million) post-employment contract for himself.

Simultaneously, the Washington, DC, Attorney-General sued the NRA Foundation, a charitable arm of the organisation designed to provide programs for firearm safety, marksmanship and hunting safety, accusing it of diverting funds to the NRA to help pay for lavish spending by its top executives.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!