Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The state of the UK

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:21 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:26 pm
laklak wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:41 pm
So they should be prevented from leaving?
I presume that the "they" you are referring to are those with second homes overseas. More to the point, if they are allowed to leave, then anyone should be able to leave. Also, the hurdles for coming back (quarantine, proof of vaccination, whatever) should be the same for all citizens. Owning an overseas home should not bring special advantages. Either all are allowed to leave, or none are. The "chumocracy" thing was that the wealthy with connections to the ruling Conservative Party seem to have had a lot of perks during covid, particularly in government decisions that have benefitted them financially.
Especially if you are Johnson's family. The precedence was his father. It is not even perks Jim. A half a million is not perks. His chums have earned billions and nothing is being done about it except the medical staff has been offered a 1% payrise. Disgusting. The problem is the UK is a one party state.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:25 am

laklak wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:18 am
I agree anyone should be able to leave. To prevent people from leaving is an absolutely unconscionable violation of basic human rights. Whether another country will take them in is a different story, all countries have the right to control their borders and determine who is allowed to enter, but NO country, under ANY circumstance, should have the power to restrict your movement should you decide to leave, pandemic be damned.
Sorry lak. Totally disagree. These are the richest fuckers determining what people do. It has only to do with money which is the whole purpose of Brexit.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:30 am

So you think the government should oppress everyone equally, then?

What possible right do they have to prevent you or anyone else leaving? How can they justify that?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:42 am

I guess as long as it was made clear that you wouldn't be allowed back in if you left.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 am

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:55 am

laklak wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:30 am
So you think the government should oppress everyone equally, then?

What possible right do they have to prevent you or anyone else leaving? How can they justify that?
How was Covid spread lak?

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Like I said, countries can restrict who enters, but no country has a right to stop you from leaving. If Swaziland will take me in, what right does the U.S. have to prevent me leaving? Fuck them.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm

Great education in the UK:

DfE warns schools could be closed over 'rape culture' claims
Schools that fail safeguarding rules risk closure after sexual abuse allegations posted on Everyone’s Invited

Schools that fail to meet safeguarding standards for pupils could be forced to shut amid concerns over a “rape culture” in educational establishments.

More than 100 schools have been named in harrowing anonymous testimonies on the everyonesinvited.uk website, which was set up to expose misogyny, harassment and assault and has also drawn attention to a lack of redress and support for many victims.

Scotland Yard is reviewing the testimonies on the site to establish whether any potential victims in London could be encouraged to report crimes, while a source at the Department for Education (DfE) said on Sunday that schools would be urgently investigated and face tough sanctions if they fail to address concerns.

“Where schools do not meet the strict safeguarding standards that we have in place, we will always take action,” the DfE source said. “If it becomes clear that there are current failings in any school’s safeguarding practice, we will immediately ask Ofsted or the Independent Schools Inspectorate to conduct an inspection. If a school is found to not be meeting the required safeguarding standard, we will make sure it either improves or closes.”

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 am

Workers rights in the UK? Forget about them.

Under cover of Covid, British workers' rights are being quietly stripped away
Polly Toynbee wrote:Webcam surveillance, fire and rehire: employers are tightening the screw on workers, especially the lowest paid

There will be no end-of-lockdown bank holiday, as the prime minister says people have had enough “days off” and must get “back into the office” immediately. That shows how remotely Boris Johnson works and thinks. “Days off” is not how most would describe their pandemic year.

Parents working from home struggled to hold down a job while home-schooling, with no on-off switch for working time. Those forced to go out to work, especially the low paid, took risks that saw many infected. Covid deepened the economic divide, with poorer earners falling into debt while the high paid amassed monumental savings. Over 60% of business leaders were personally “thriving”, while over half the workforce felt over-worked, according to the Work Trend Index. Even young Goldman Sachs staff now call their treatment “abusive” – these golden “meritocracy” winners are protesting about their 95-hour weeks.
A great place to work.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:17 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:08 pm
Great education in the UK:

DfE warns schools could be closed over 'rape culture' claims
Schools that fail safeguarding rules risk closure after sexual abuse allegations posted on Everyone’s Invited

Schools that fail to meet safeguarding standards for pupils could be forced to shut amid concerns over a “rape culture” in educational establishments.

More than 100 schools have been named in harrowing anonymous testimonies on the everyonesinvited.uk website, which was set up to expose misogyny, harassment and assault and has also drawn attention to a lack of redress and support for many victims.

Scotland Yard is reviewing the testimonies on the site to establish whether any potential victims in London could be encouraged to report crimes, while a source at the Department for Education (DfE) said on Sunday that schools would be urgently investigated and face tough sanctions if they fail to address concerns.

“Where schools do not meet the strict safeguarding standards that we have in place, we will always take action,” the DfE source said. “If it becomes clear that there are current failings in any school’s safeguarding practice, we will immediately ask Ofsted or the Independent Schools Inspectorate to conduct an inspection. If a school is found to not be meeting the required safeguarding standard, we will make sure it either improves or closes.”
You have to bear in mind that the DfE is, like all govt departments at the moment, headed by someone from a party that is promoting an American style culture war at the moment and that following the pandemic teachers, parents, and pupils are beginning to publicly question whether the government really have their best interests at heart.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:06 am

People in the UK should realise their government only cares about one thing; their government and is doing everything to make sure the country becomes a one party state. They should wake up before its too late.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 am

Ministers dropped the ball on sexual violence in schools, says Labour
Jess Phillips says government has not taken issue seriously, five years after committee’s report

Sexual violence is endemic in schools and the government must launch an inquiry to establish how widespread it is, the shadow minister for domestic violence has said.

Jess Phillips said the issue had been pointed out to the government five years ago, it had been a “problem for a very long time” and ministers had “dropped the ball”.

She told Times Radio: “We need to have proper safeguarding responsibly monitored by Ofsted and it needs to be written into the statute that schools have to prevent sexual violence.”

On Monday the Conservative MP Maria Miller called for an urgent Ofsted inquiry into allegations of school sexual abuse as part of a “deep dive” investigation to establish why complaints by pupils of rape, harassment and assault were not being taken seriously.

Miller, who oversaw a groundbreaking report on the issue in 2016, said a disturbing culture has been allowed to take root in schools. “Nothing has changed in the last five years,” she said. “Ofsted needs to now look at the data it’s been collecting to find out why the situation has not improved for children.”
A great education.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:58 am

The hate is strong in this one. :vader:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:24 pm

Ofsted chief asked for greater powers to check for abuse in private schools
Exclusive: Amanda Spielman’s request over ‘potential safeguarding issues’ was ignored by ministers
Fags beware. :{D

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:45 pm

I was buggered with remorselessly regularity by the upper sixth and it never did me any harm. I admit that I thought the prefects hangging Baxter from a gibbet (because his father bought his own furniture rather than inheriting it like respectable people) was a bit rum at the time, but then again it did mean there were more crumpets for the rest of us.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT