George Floyd protests

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: George Floyd protests

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Derek Chauvin pleads the 5th.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Did any other evidence come out of the trial? That sure seems to be a narrow report...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:40 pm

That 'narrow report' wasn't intended to be a comprehensive explanation of the defence and prosecution arguments. It just means that the accused will not be submitting himself to prosecution questioning - as is his right under the 5th amendment.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 pm

I tend to ignore most of Cunt's trash. Has he sided with Derek Chauvin?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 pm
I tend to ignore most media trash.

Have they sparked a riot by selectively reporting facts about this case yet?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:12 pm

If you think "Derek Chauvin pleads the 5th," is 'media trash' or 'selectively reporting facts about the case' then you could always watch the proceedings live and in their entirety - probably from one of your regular news sources. Most UK media outlets left, right, and centre are streaming the proceedings 'as it happens', as they say.

Frank Zappa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Cunt wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm
Seabass wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 pm
I tend to ignore most media trash.

Have they sparked a riot by selectively reporting facts about this case yet?
So that's a yes, then. That figures.

Tell me something, Cunt. In this image, who do you feel more sympathetic toward? The black student, or the shouty woman behind her?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:25 pm

How about this one, Cunt? Which group, in your opinion, is doing the right thing? The people sitting at the counter, or the nice young men pouring drinks on them?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:33 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:12 pm
If you think "Derek Chauvin pleads the 5th," is 'media trash' or 'selectively reporting facts about the case' then you could always watch the proceedings live and in their entirety - probably from one of your regular news sources. Most UK media outlets left, right, and centre are streaming the proceedings 'as it happens', as they say.
Nah, I think releasing selective snippets, misrepresenting the facts, is the 'trash' I referenced.

It's easy to tell, such as when someone has all kinds of outrage, but no facts to offer.

I don't think the prosecution has proved much as yet. There were a carousel of charges though, so maybe when the dust settles, biased media will be able to excite their audiences with 'true headlines' saying both 'Chauvin Acquitted' and 'Chauvin Convicted'.

That would seem best for the newsmongers...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I don't know about that. I'm happy to sit on the fence until the verdict is in. I mean, I know what I'd probably go with if I were a juror - but I can only say that based on what I've read about the case and seen on the news etc. If I sat and watched the whole thing like the actual jurors, and decided to come to a view based only on what I've heard in courts like I hope the actual jurors will, then maybe I'd swing another way.

You on the other hand seem to have made up your mind that the verdict will be biased whichever way it goes. Why is that? Do you think it's impossible for the accused to get a fair hearing?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:06 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 pm
I don't know about that. I'm happy to sit on the fence until the verdict is in. I mean, I know what I'd probably go with if I were a juror - but I can only say that based on what I've read about the case and seen on the news etc. If I sat and watched the whole thing like the actual jurors, and decided to come to a view based only on what I've heard in courts like I hope the actual jurors will, then maybe I'd swing another way.

You on the other hand seem to have made up your mind that the verdict will be biased whichever way it goes. Why is that? Do you think it's impossible for the accused to get a fair hearing?
Not exactly, BP.

More like, no matter how it goes, the media will do what they can to cause their respective audiences to take it very badly.

So if one charge is a conviction, and another is an acquital, both CNN and FoxNews can use either announcement as a headline to rile up their side.

My opinion is that whichever way it goes - there will be riots.

It does seem pretty tough for this case to be heard fairly. That's separate to my fatalism about 'riots-no-matter-the-facts-or-outcome' mood though.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Chauvin guilty on all charges.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:39 pm

Sentencing is going to be interesting, and there's three more cops still to stand trial.

Frank Zappa

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:16 pm

BIden and Waters already fucked it running their mouths, I'm surprised it didn't result in a mistrial. Gave the defense solid grounds for appeal.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:04 pm

I don't know how the legal stuff will work out, but agree with the judge that elected officials shouldn't comment on trials until a verdict has been reached. Just seems like a bad idea, though the impulse to opine is understandable.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake