The Trump Pandemic

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: The Trump Pandemic

Post by Animavore » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:30 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:38 am

Surprise, surprise:

Hydroxychloroquine: US revokes emergency approval of malaria drug for Covid-19
Food and Drug Administration says drug is unlikely to work against coronavirus and notes heart risks

US regulators revoked the emergency authorization for malaria drugs championed by Donald Trump for treating Covid-19, amid growing evidence they don’t work and could cause serious side effects.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) said on Monday the drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine were unlikely to be effective in treating the coronavirus. Citing reports of heart complications, the agency said the drugs’ unproven benefits “do not outweigh the known and potential risks”.

Trump criticized the FDA decision. “I took it and I felt good about taking it. I don’t know if it had an impact, but it certainly didn’t hurt me,” Trump said on Monday.

Trump said there had been “great reports” out of France, Spain and other places, without offering any evidence or further explanation. France is one of the countries that has already stopped using the drug for Covid-19 patients.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:47 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBMuryhgKmZ ... _copy_link

I wonder why the peaceful protests are getting flags printed which graphically convey a message about treading on snakes...

Smells like fascists to me.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:58 pm

It's fucking Instagram! I'll do Twitter but you have to draw the line somewhere.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm

It's a picture of the upraised fist, squashing the rattlesnake from the gadston flag, the text says 'will tread on you'.

So admitting they are fascists.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Benny, do you know these fools?

Naw Adolph, they look like Commie rabble.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm
It's a picture of the upraised fist, squashing the rattlesnake from the gadston flag, the text says 'will tread on you'.

So fucking what? A loud reaction from a minority during an election year is still nothing, compared to 2 out of 3 white males voting for Trump in 2016.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:46 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 pm

So fucking what? A loud reaction from a minority during an election year is still nothing, compared to 2 out of 3 white males voting for Trump in 2016.
They should add t-shirts so you can identify them. Maybe a stripe along the side of their skinnyjeans.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Tim Pool really ought to research a little before making a fool of himself on the internet. That is not a fascist symbol.

From Wikipedia:
A raised right fist was used as a logo by the Industrial Workers of the World[3] (IWW) in 1917. However, it was popularised during the Spanish Civil War of 1936–1939, when it was used by the Republican faction as a greeting, and was known as the "Popular Front salute" or the "anti-fascist salute". The right fist salute subsequently spread among leftists and anti-fascists across Europe.[4]

The graphic symbol was popularised in 1948 by Taller de Gráfica Popular, a print shop in Mexico that used art to advance revolutionary social causes.[5] Its use spread through the United States in the 1960s after artist and activist Frank Cieciorka produced a simplified version for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee: this version was subsequently used by Students for a Democratic Society and the Black Power movement.[6]

The raised right fist was frequently used in propaganda posters produced during the May 1968 revolt in France, such as La Lutte continue, depicting a factory chimney topped with a clenched fist.[7][8][9]

The symbol has been picked up and incorporated around the world by various oppressed groups. In 2015 it has emerged in the southeast area of Ukraine among the separatists battling the Ukraine Kiev government forces, along with the phrase "¡No Pasarán!".[10]

The image gallery shows how a raised fist is used in visual communication. Combined with another graphic element, a raised fist is used to convey polysemous gestures and opposing forces.[11] Depending on the elements combined, the meaning of the gesture changes in tone and intention. For example, a hammer and sickle combined with a raised right fist is part of communist symbolism, while the same right fist combined with a Venus symbol represents Feminism, and combined with a book, it represents librarians.

A raised right fist icon appears prominently as a feminist symbol on the covers of two major books by Robin Morgan, Sisterhood is Powerful, published in 1970,[12] and Sisterhood Is Forever, in 2003.[13] The symbol had been popularised in the feminist movement during the Miss America protest in 1968 which Morgan co-organised.[4]

A raised fist incorporates the outline of the state of Wisconsin, as designed in 2011, for union protests against the state rescinding collective bargaining.[14]
In Pool's defense, he was born in 1986. :{D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:46 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Tim Pool really ought to research a little before making a fool of himself on the internet. That is not a fascist symbol.

From Wikipedia:
A raised right fist was used as a logo by the Industrial Workers of the World[3] (IWW) in 1917. However, it was popularised during the Spanish Civil War of 1936–1939, when it was used by the Republican faction as a greeting, and was known as the "Popular Front salute" or the "anti-fascist salute". The right fist salute subsequently spread among leftists and anti-fascists across Europe.[4]

The graphic symbol was popularised in 1948 by Taller de Gráfica Popular, a print shop in Mexico that used art to advance revolutionary social causes.[5] Its use spread through the United States in the 1960s after artist and activist Frank Cieciorka produced a simplified version for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee: this version was subsequently used by Students for a Democratic Society and the Black Power movement.[6]

The raised right fist was frequently used in propaganda posters produced during the May 1968 revolt in France, such as La Lutte continue, depicting a factory chimney topped with a clenched fist.[7][8][9]

The symbol has been picked up and incorporated around the world by various oppressed groups. In 2015 it has emerged in the southeast area of Ukraine among the separatists battling the Ukraine Kiev government forces, along with the phrase "¡No Pasarán!".[10]

The image gallery shows how a raised fist is used in visual communication. Combined with another graphic element, a raised fist is used to convey polysemous gestures and opposing forces.[11] Depending on the elements combined, the meaning of the gesture changes in tone and intention. For example, a hammer and sickle combined with a raised right fist is part of communist symbolism, while the same right fist combined with a Venus symbol represents Feminism, and combined with a book, it represents librarians.

A raised right fist icon appears prominently as a feminist symbol on the covers of two major books by Robin Morgan, Sisterhood is Powerful, published in 1970,[12] and Sisterhood Is Forever, in 2003.[13] The symbol had been popularised in the feminist movement during the Miss America protest in 1968 which Morgan co-organised.[4]

A raised fist incorporates the outline of the state of Wisconsin, as designed in 2011, for union protests against the state rescinding collective bargaining.[14]
In Pool's defense, he was born in 1986. :{D
So all that, and you think that fist, strangling the gadston snake, is NOT a symbol of getting fascistic with a snake who just wants to be left alone?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I had this book on 1968
https://www.amazon.com/Nineteen-Sixty-E ... 202&sr=8-9
I finally tossed it after several attempts. The problem:
the writer somehow writes as if he was not part of it. No Arlo Guthrie voice.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:05 pm

Defend away, guys. I get that you approve 'treading upon'.

But don't pretend it isn't authoritarian crap.
Gadsden Flag.png
I know which one I would rather have as a neighbour.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:05 pm
Defend away, guys. I get that you approve 'treading upon'.

But don't pretend it isn't authoritarian crap.

I know which one I would rather have as a neighbour.
Still playing 'let's pretend' eh? As if you didn't know the Gadsden flag is an informal emblem associated with far-right, white supremacist, and other neo-Nazi groups in the US - the acknowledgement of which would, of course, change the context of the symbols in both cases, quite considerably, and with it the context of the conversation you'll now be keen to avoid.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm

Boot-lickers gonna boot-lick.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.