The Trump Pandemic

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: The Trump Pandemic

Post by Animavore » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:12 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am

rainbow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:08 am
While Epstein does not have a medical or epidemiological background, he is a fellow at the Center for Medical Ethics at the University of Chicago and had worked on research about the spread of AIDS during the 1980s and 1990s. Amid what he called a "full state of panic," his March 16 article boldly declared that the total number of deaths from COVID-19 would top out under 50,000 and that in the United States we would see "about 500 deaths at the end."

In fact, at least 537 Americans have died from COVID-19 as of today.
https://reason.com/2020/03/24/richard-e ... attention/

People who don't understand exponential growth should just shut up and listen to those that do. This includes Trump.

802 deaths registered right now in the US as of Johns Hopkins University... Sadly, within a few days we will most likely see a time when more than 500 people die every day in the United States because of the virus. There is a really high risk that it will be a lot higher daily death toll for some time.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am

No you can't trust those numbers. We don't know how they are collected therefore they are wrong and are proof that the government is after one world government run by the WHO.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:25 am

NineBerry wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:16 am
802 deaths registered right now in the US as of Johns Hopkins University... Sadly, within a few days we will most likely see a time when more than 500 people die every day in the United States because of the virus. There is a really high risk that it will be a lot higher daily death toll for some time.
More from the same source...
There are at least two reasons why the worst-case scenarios for COVID-19 seem unrealistic.
Worst case scenarios are by definition unrealistic. They are what we should plan for, not what we should expect.

:thinks: Is this not obvious?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 am

"The worst case scenario is unrealistic because there will be stuff done to prevent it. Therefore, we don't need to do that stuff."

It's the early version of people saying next year "Why did we do all that stuff? It didn't get as bad as predicted".

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:15 am

We are not conducting an experiment. We dont know what measures are successful or which have only exacerbated the situation. We will never know because you cant make a comparison so this is the case when everyone is right.
We dont live like the Chinese in high density tower housing where wild animals are sold and slaughtered on the streets and hygiene is carried out differently.
What is the worse case scenario and who has modelled it using which data? It is mostly hypothetical and plenty of wet finger work.

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am

Yes, we don't know that washing your hands is successful. :fp:

More broadly, South Korea is the model for handling this virus. Compare what they've done (including wide scale random testing) and what say the US has done. The US is going to make Italy and China look like a day at the fun park.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:56 am

Trump says go FULL STEAM at EASTER. Bill Gates disagrees.
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/4 ... gnore-that
Bill Gates says we need a shutdown: Can't reopen business and 'ignore that pile of bodies in the corner'
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House and Senate leaders of both parties announced agreement early Wednesday on an unprecedented $2 trillion emergency bill to rush sweeping aid to businesses, workers and a health care system slammed by the coronavirus pandemic.

The Senate is likely to pass the measure Wednesday afternoon. In the House, both Democratic and Republican leaders hope to clear the measure for President Donald Trump's signature by a voice vote without having to call lawmakers back to Washington, but that may prove challenging, as the bill is sure to be opposed by some conservatives upset at its cost and scope. Ardent liberals were restless as well.

The economic rescue package would give direct payments to most Americans, expand unemployment benefits and provide a $367 billion program for small businesses to keep making payroll while workers are forced to stay home.

Even before the deal was reached, news of the likely but elusive agreement had sent the stock market rocketing on Tuesday. The rescue package would be larger than the 2008 bank bailout and 2009 recovery act combined.

The package would give one-time direct payments to Americans — $1,200 per adult making up to $75,000 a year, and $2,400 to a married couple making up to $150,000, with $500 payments per child.

A huge cash infusion for hospitals expecting a flood of COVID-19 patients grew during the talks at the insistence of Sen. Chuck Schumer, the Democratic leader, while Republicans pressed for tens of billions of dollars for additional relief to be delivered through the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the lead federal disaster agency.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:29 pm

Trump businesses barred from getting coronavirus stimulus money, Schumer says
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/coronav ... money.html

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 am
Yes, we don't know that washing your hands is successful. :fp:

More broadly, South Korea is the model for handling this virus. Compare what they've done (including wide scale random testing) and what say the US has done. The US is going to make Italy and China look like a day at the fun park.
I dont live in South Korea and would not want to. Their hygiene record is no better than the Chinese. I have my doubts about SK data. It is all so political which is why we hear little or nothing from NK.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:33 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:10 am
How does that make Trump less liable for this mess?
Is this the question you are waiting for?

I don't know how to answer. He, like many leaders, fucked up things. I think the Chinese gov't fucked up first, and bigger, but it is still playing out.

The biggest story about Epstein is how disinterested the entire media seems to be about the Epstein story.

It's like the reverse of a conspiracy.
Stop swerving and answer the question.
I tried to anwer, but it's a shit question. Try asking it in a way that isn't shit, I'll be glad to try again.

Epstein isn't a 'swerve', but I understand why you wouldn't know how it was connected.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm

Newsweek:
When respondents were broken down into political affiliation, majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independents all supported a national lockdown. Eighty-one percent of Democrats backed a nationwide quarantine, as did 69 percent of independents and 72 percent of Republicans.

Among different generations, there was also majority support for the quarantine. Boomers, who are at more risk of serious complications and death from coronavirus, were the age demographic that showed the most support for a national lockdown, with 77 percent backing the stringent measure. More than 70 percent of Gen Z, Millennials and Gen X also believed a national quarantine is merited.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Screenshot_20200325-132027.jpg

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:25 pm

During a Tuesday interview with WMAL-AM's "Mornings on the Mall," Fauci said that he wishes the media would stop trying to pit him against Trump for the sake of headlines.

"I wish that that would stop, because we have a much bigger problem here than trying to point out differences," Fauci said. "Really, fundamentally at the core, when you look at things, there are not differences."

Fauci also said that he and the president work rather well together.

"The president has listened to what I have said, and to what the other people on the task force have said, when I have made recommendations, he has taken them, [and] he's never countered or overridden me," he said. "The idea of just pitting one against the other is just not helpful. I wish that would stop and we'd look ahead at the challenge we have to pull together to get over this thing."

Fauci pointed out that even when Trump disagrees with Fauci's assessments, the president is still willing to listen.

"[E]ven though we disagree on some things, he listens," he said. "He goes his own way. He has his own style. But on substantive issues, he does listen to what I say."
--just trying to save his job? swidt