The Trump Pandemic

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: The Trump Pandemic

Post by Seabass » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:59 pm

I'm sure Obama and Hillary would have done the same thing. But even if they didn't, I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference. :coffee:

Trump Administration Ignored Warren's Pandemic Preparedness Questions in 2018
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:06 pm

It is insane, INSANE, that this guy is president.

Letter from President Donald J. Trump to Senator Charles E. Schumer
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... e-schumer/
Dear Senator Schumer:

Thank you for your Democrat public relations letter and incorrect sound bites, which are wrong in every way.

As you are aware, Vice President Pence is in charge of the Task Force. By almost all accounts, he has done a spectacular job.
The Defense Production Act (DPA) has been consistently used by my team and me for the purchase of billions of dollars’ worth of equipment, medical supplies, ventilators, and other related items. It has been powerful leverage, so powerful that companies generally do whatever we are asking, without even a formal notice. They know something is coming, and that’s all they need to know.
A “senior military officer” is in charge of purchasing, distributing, etc. His name is Rear Admiral John Polowczyk. He is working 24 hours a day, and is highly respected by everyone. If you remember, my team gave you this information, but for public relations purposes, you choose to ignore it.
We have given New York many things, including hospitals, medical centers, medical supplies, record numbers of ventilators, and more. You should have had New York much better prepared than you did, and as Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx said yesterday, New York was very late in its fight against the virus. As you are aware, the Federal Government is merely a back-up for state governments. Unfortunately, your state needed far more of a back-up than most others.
If you spent less time on your ridiculous impeachment hoax, which went haplessly on forever and ended up going nowhere (except increasing my poll numbers), and instead focused on helping the people of New York, then New York would not have been so completely unprepared for the “invisible enemy.” No wonder AOC and others are thinking about running against you in the primary. If they did, they would likely win.

Fortunately, we have been working with your state and city governments, Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill DeBlasio, to get the job done. You have been missing in action, except when it comes to the “press.” While you have stated that you don’t like Andrew Cuomo, you ought to start working alongside him for the good of all New Yorkers.

I’ve known you for many years, but I never knew how bad a Senator you are for the state of New York, until I became President.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call. Or, in the alternative, call Rear Admiral Polowczyk.

Sincerely yours,

Donald J. Trump
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Bwhahaha
If you spent less time on your ridiculous impeachment hoax, which went haplessly on forever and ended up going nowhere (except increasing my poll numbers), and instead focused on helping the people of New York, then New York would not have been so completely unprepared for the “invisible enemy.” No wonder AOC and others are thinking about running against you in the primary. If they did, they would likely win.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm sure Obama and Hillary would have done the same thing. But even if they didn't, I'm sure it wouldn't have made a difference. :coffee:
You haven't got what has happened right yet.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:15 pm

"The CDC is now recommending the wearing of face covering. I don't think I'm going to do that, but you can do that. The CDC recommends it."

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:30 pm

First, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that only health care workers and people who were sick needed to wear masks. Now, the White House is reportedly backtracking on that advice, and it may recommend that everyone wear face coverings when they’re out in public. Confusion over the whiplashing policies is likely to linger. Clear and consistent communication is one of the most important parts of pandemic response, and the federal government has already gotten that wrong.
What is it about a rapidly evolving situation full of unknowns that these people don't get? You can't have a clear and consistent guide from top to bottom and throughout. Shit changes and nobody knows exactly what will prove best. You can have a general strategy based on previous experience, and guess what, we have that, and have had.

Mistakes are made that are a combination of many factors, most seem to me to be completely ordinary e.g. experts underestimating, and others that fall under accidental and by nature then largely not preventable...

This horse man, I'm telling you. :lol:

--//--

How about expecting more from the public? Instead of demanding clarity where none is possible, start encouraging the public to appreciate the reality?

Trump's the wrong guy for that obviously. But my side isn't doing great in this regard either.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:49 pm

9F90239B-F6AD-45C9-A68E-67A183625516.jpeg
9F90239B-F6AD-45C9-A68E-67A183625516.jpeg (71.06 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:15 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:30 pm
First, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that only health care workers and people who were sick needed to wear masks. Now, the White House is reportedly backtracking on that advice, and it may recommend that everyone wear face coverings when they’re out in public. Confusion over the whiplashing policies is likely to linger. Clear and consistent communication is one of the most important parts of pandemic response, and the federal government has already gotten that wrong.
What is it about a rapidly evolving situation full of unknowns that these people don't get? You can't have a clear and consistent guide from top to bottom and throughout. Shit changes and nobody knows exactly what will prove best. You can have a general strategy based on previous experience, and guess what, we have that, and have had.

Mistakes are made that are a combination of many factors, most seem to me to be completely ordinary e.g. experts underestimating, and others that fall under accidental and by nature then largely not preventable...

This horse man, I'm telling you. :lol:

--//--

How about expecting more from the public? Instead of demanding clarity where none is possible, start encouraging the public to appreciate the reality?

Trump's the wrong guy for that obviously. But my side isn't doing great in this regard either.
The WHO recommended not wearing masks, and has repeated regularly information agreeable to China.

Trump talked about cleaning and reusing masks, when necessary, to protect workers AND the environment.

I know which I find believable.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:25 pm

LOL

"The scientists did the models. I was never involved in any models. Well, not the types of models"

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:01 am

DC7216BF-85DD-4A3A-962A-5BC0FFE3D118.png

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:18 am

...but not before the program which started in 2009 trained thousands of scientists including those responsible for identifying this virus.

--in case anyone might be mislead by the thread title and the absence of a link from Tero.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am

More important I think for those of us looking to really understand things is the absence of any relevant explanatory context for these decisions purported to be a cause of our current situation.

It's easy to imagine that it's missing because it's better for those selling this narrative that I already know the rationale behind any poor decision. But honestly, it's probably just because they're presuming what they'd like to imagine they've demonstrated.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:31 am

"We have hit the snooze button several times and now here’s the big one."

That's being optimistic, I think. Almost certainly there are other bugs around already (or one or two mutations away) that have the potential to be even more lethal than COVID-19. Bush meat/commercial exploitation of wildlife as a food source will not stop just because it's a proven route for zoonotic disease.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:44 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am
More important I think for those of us looking to really understand things is the absence of any relevant explanatory context for these decisions purported to be a cause of our current situation.

It's easy to imagine that it's missing because it's better for those selling this narrative that I already know the rationale behind any poor decision. But honestly, it's probably just because they're presuming what they'd like to imagine they've demonstrated.
Maybe I lack imagination, but I have difficulty coming up with an explanatory context for these decisions that doesn't boil down to 'why the fuck should we be paying for this?' followed by studiously ignoring and dismissing the explanation of the value of a given program.

No, I'm not talking about Trump necessarily. He's populated his administration with conspicuously venal 'bottom line' types who can be depended upon to pursue the gummint bad agenda, and who have little use for pointy-headed scientists and their globalist perspective. Trump is a poster boy for militant ignorance, but he's by no means the only example of it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:58 am

487C698B-431B-4BFF-B42F-64D4F5FFAB8D.jpeg
Your food in danger? Costco chicken factory next? They are in two places. Chickens raised in one county, buthchered and packed elsewhere in state.