The Trump Pandemic

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Trump Pandemic

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Would you beat a dog if its owner farted? Just asking for a friend.
It's funny how those leaping to defend the WHO and China use such sensible tactics to show their intelligence and thoughtfulness.

I don't know why you would do such a thing, but suggesting you would might be considered insulting, so instead I'll just invite you to share cardio with me today.

Because I'm feeling a bit rough, my goal is to keep my heart rate in 'zone 1' for an hour. I am also planning to stop for a photo when something is pretty.

I wouldn't leap to defend the WHO right now. They are too caught up in politics to trust their health decrees.

Also wouldn't leap to defend China's communist party. What they are doing to Taiwan, HK and their own protesters is enough for me to be highly suspicious of them and their propaganda.

Can you identify any CCP propaganda, by the way? I'm asking because I don't know many people who would be able to identify it if they saw it...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed May 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 12:17 pm
:lol: Have you scrolled through the comments and replies?
Pretty ordinary on the whole.

I did like Trump's previous comments about how China handled the virus outbreak, though.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 6:48 pm

I wonder if Hong Kong residents are happy to hear so many 'free people' around the world siding with mainland China.

I miss Rum.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 6:55 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:19 pm

It's funny how those leaping to defend the WHO and China use such sensible tactics to show their intelligence and thoughtfulness.

I don't know why you would do such a thing, but suggesting you would might be considered insulting, so instead I'll just invite you to share cardio with me today.

Because I'm feeling a bit rough, my goal is to keep my heart rate in 'zone 1' for an hour. I am also planning to stop for a photo when something is pretty.

I wouldn't leap to defend the WHO right now. They are too caught up in politics to trust their health decrees.

Also wouldn't leap to defend China's communist party. What they are doing to Taiwan, HK and their own protesters is enough for me to be highly suspicious of them and their propaganda.

Can you identify any CCP propaganda, by the way? I'm asking because I don't know many people who would be able to identify it if they saw it...
You keep saying this kind of stuff as if it's relevant, but when I asked to explain why you get all shy and defensive, and then just repeat it for good measure. Interesting that you chose to quote that bit and ignore the rest - more 'performative ignorance' perhaps?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:55 pm

No lie, this comment made me think a lot less of you.

My dog is more deserving of consideration than you.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 pm

Republicans gonna Republican. :lol:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/1 ... rus-267514
More than 40,000 National Guard members currently helping states test residents for the coronavirus and trace the spread of infections will face a “hard stop” on their deployments on June 24 — just one day shy of many members becoming eligible for key federal benefits, according to a senior FEMA official.

The official outlined the Trump administration’s plans on an interagency call on May 12, an audio version of which was obtained by POLITICO. The official also acknowledged during the call that the June 24 deadline means that thousands of members who first deployed in late March will find themselves with only 89 days of duty credit, one short of the 90-day threshold for qualifying for early retirement and education benefits under the Post-9/11 GI bill.

The looming loss of crucial frontline workers, along with questions about whether the administration is shortchanging first responders, would require a delicate messaging strategy, the official — representing FEMA’s New England region — told dozens of colleagues on the interagency call.

“We would greatly benefit from unified messaging regarding the conclusion of their services prior to hitting the 90-day mark and the retirement benefit implications associated with it,” the official said.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed May 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:09 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 6:55 pm

No lie, this comment made me think a lot less of you.

My dog is more deserving of consideration than you.
Still focusing on that eh? You're obviously not familiar with the colloquialism. It basically means don't scold one person for another person's action.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 20, 2020 9:05 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:21 am
Cunt wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm
NineBerry wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 pm
The WHO declared a global Health emergency on January 31st. The countries that reacted very soon are fine now. The countries that didn't start preparations at that moment are in a bad situation...
So you popped in to mention the good done by the WHO, while neglecting to mention anything critical?

OK...sounds very 'sciency' of you.
Regardless of what went on in the early stages in China, including a failure to report the severity of the domestic outbreak, sacking medical staff who were trying to highlight the scale of the problem, and not allowing WHO observers into the affected region, there is absolutely no reason for anyone working in public health at a governmental level anywhere for failing to be informed or to act after 24 January when the paper outlining Covid-19 clinical features - symptoms, transmission, severity, mortality, treatment regimes etc - was published in The Lancent[1]. Four days later on the 30 January the WHO declared a 'public health emergency of international concern'[2] over what was then called the 2019 novel coronavirus - which should have left no government in any doubt about the seriousness of the infection or the potential risk to public health. And certainly no government could then reliably claim to have been caught by surprise even before the WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic on 11 March[3].

China acted badly at the beginning and their actions were not just wrong but detrimental to public health beyond their own borders. So, remind me, what exactly is it that we're supposed to be criticising the WHO for again, and how might that criticism help to address the various problems thrown up by the pandemic?

3. https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/detail/ ... march-2020
I think that there are grounds for being critical of the upper echelons of WHO, largely for being too accommodating to the Chinese government. However, their people on the ground all over the world, mainly in third world countries, do vital work on a shoestring budget. Whatever the political fallout is, it is very important that this work, much of it unrelated to Covid-19, continues.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm

The CDC that Trump now blames was ignored:

But about a week passed before the alert was issued publicly -- crucial time lost when about 66,000 European travelers were streaming into American airports every day.

The delay, detailed in documents obtained by CNN, is the latest example to emerge of a growing sense of disconnect between the CDC and the White House.

In interviews with CNN, CDC officials say their agency's efforts to mount a coordinated response to the Covid-19 pandemic have been hamstrung by a White House whose decisions are driven by politics rather than science.
The result has worsened the effects of the crisis, sources inside the CDC say, relegating the 73-year-old agency that has traditionally led the nation's response to infectious disease to a supporting role.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics ... index.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am

Inside Trump’s coronavirus meltdown

When the history is written of how America handled the global era’s first real pandemic, March 6 will leap out of the timeline. That was the day Donald Trump visited the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. His foray to the world’s best disease research body was meant to showcase that America had everything under control. It came midway between the time he was still denying the coronavirus posed a threat and the moment he said he had always known it could ravage America.

Shortly before the CDC visit, Trump said “within a couple of days, [infections are] going to be down to close to zero”. The US then had 15 cases. “One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” A few days afterwards, he claimed: “I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.” That afternoon at the CDC provides an X-ray into Trump’s mind at the halfway point between denial and acceptance.

We now know that Covid-19 had already passed the breakout point in the US. The contagion had been spreading for weeks in New York, Washington state and other clusters. The curve was pointing sharply upwards. Trump’s goal in Atlanta was to assert the opposite.

Wearing his “Keep America Great” baseball cap, the US president was flanked by Robert Redfield, head of the CDC, Alex Azar, the US secretary of health and human services, and Brian Kemp, governor of Georgia. In his 47-minute interaction with the press, Trump rattled through his greatest hits.

He dismissed CNN as fake news, boasted about his high Fox News viewership, cited the US stock market’s recent highs, called Washington state’s Democratic governor a “snake” and admitted he hadn’t known that large numbers of people could die from ordinary flu. He also misunderstood a question on whether he should cancel campaign rallies for public health reasons. “I haven’t had any problems filling [the stadiums],” Trump said.

What caught the media’s attention were two comments he made about the disease. There would be four million testing kits available within a week. “The tests are beautiful,” he said. “Anybody that needs a test gets a test.”

Ten weeks later, that is still not close to being true. Fewer than 3 per cent of Americans had been tested by mid-May. Trump also boasted about his grasp of science. He cited a “super genius” uncle, John Trump, who taught at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and implied he inherited his intellect. “I really get it,” he said. “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.” Historians might linger on that observation too.

What the headlines missed was a boast that posterity will take more seriously than Trump’s self-estimated IQ, or the exaggerated test numbers (the true number of CDC kits by March was 75,000). Trump proclaimed that America was leading the world. South Korea had its first infection on January 20, the same day as America’s first case, and was, he said, calling America for help. “They have a lot of people that are infected; we don’t.” “All I say is, ‘Be calm,’” said the president. “Everyone is relying on us. The world is relying on us.”

He could just as well have said baseball is popular or foreigners love New York. American leadership in any disaster, whether a tsunami or an Ebola outbreak, has been a truism for decades. The US is renowned for helping others in an emergency.

In hindsight, Trump’s claim to global leadership leaps out. History will mark Covid-19 as the first time that ceased to be true. US airlifts have been missing in action. America cannot even supply itself.

South Korea, which has a population density nearly 15 times greater and is next door to China, has lost a total of 259 lives to the disease. There have been days when America has lost 10 times that number. The US death toll is now approaching 90,000.

What has gone wrong? I interviewed dozens of people, including outsiders who Trump consults regularly, former senior advisers, World Health Organization officials, leading scientists and diplomats, and figures inside the White House. Some spoke off the record.

Again and again, the story that emerged is of a president who ignored increasingly urgent intelligence warnings from January, dismisses anyone who claims to know more than him and trusts no one outside a tiny coterie, led by his daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner – the property developer who Trump has empowered to sideline the best-funded disaster response bureaucracy in the world.

People often observed during Trump’s first three years that he had yet to be tested in a true crisis. Covid-19 is way bigger than that. “Trump’s handling of the pandemic at home and abroad has exposed more painfully than anything since he took office the meaning of America First,” says William Burns, who was the most senior US diplomat, and is now head of the Carnegie Endowment.

“America is first in the world in deaths, first in the world in infections and we stand out as an emblem of global incompetence. The damage to America’s influence and reputation will be very hard to undo.”

continued: https://www.ft.com/content/97dc7de6-940 ... 1e24b679ed
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu May 21, 2020 3:09 am

The President of the United States of America has no idea what "per capita" means.

TRUMP: “When you say per capita, there’s many per capitas. It’s like per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category and we’re really at the top”

US testing and death rate per capita is worse than other industrialized countries:
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/covi ... omparisons
video:
https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status ... 2198836225

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 21, 2020 3:14 am

Fark. How is it possible this ignoramous is president?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu May 21, 2020 3:33 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:14 am
Fark. How is it possible this ignoramous is president?
You know what the 'worst case' scenario is, pErvinalia?

1. You are absolutely right about the President, his ignoramousness is YUGE.
2. The Democrats - ALL of them collectively, are a full degree of magnitude more ignorant.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu May 21, 2020 3:55 am

pErvinalia wrote:Fark. How is it possible this ignoramous is president?
Because some very wealthy people paid for it to happen.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu May 21, 2020 4:07 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 3:55 am
pErvinalia wrote:Fark. How is it possible this ignoramous is president?
Because some very wealthy people paid for it to happen.
How much did Bloomburg piss away? Was he paying for Trump to continue? Or for...Biden?

Maybe he wasn't the right kind of wealthy. He doesn't have 'Trump money'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: