Steem vs Justin Sun - crypto SMACKDOWN!

pErvinalia
Off his meds
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Steem vs Justin Sun - crypto SMACKDOWN!

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 am

Major shit happening in the last few days. As payback for the former steem (now hive) witnesses excluding Justin Sun and his flunkies from the Hive airdrop on the new blockchain, Sun implemented a closed source hardfork to the steem blockchain to steal the funds of the former witnesses and anyone who took a big part in the steem fork that became the hive blockchain. At current market rates it was $US 5 million! A class action lawyer on the hive blockchain sent a strong open letter to all the exchanges, steem witnesses and Justin Sun indicating that there would be a class action lawsuit against the theft. Most of the steem witnesses got the willies and disabled their witness servers so the new hardfork couldn't be implemented. But Justin Sun then created a bunch of new sockpuppet witnesses to vote in the hard fork.

So Justin Sun wins. Yeah, nah. He had to release the code 24 hours before so that the exchanges could adopt their wallets to handle the new fork. In it the details of the theft were revealed. The accounts being stolen from, and the account that it was all going to be transferred to. This new account was created anonymously the day before, presumably by Justin Sun or his people. He did it anonymously so he could claim it wasn't actually him doing the theft. In a fucking beautiful twist someone got the cryptographic keys to that account, and minutes before the hardfork was carried out they changed the keys effectively locking Sun and his people out. Then the hardfork went ahead and trasferred the 5 mil to that account. After that the receiving account transferred the full amount to Bittrex (a major crypto currency exchange) with a memo stating these funds were stolen and to please return them to the rightful owners. The significance of this is that by putting them in the exchange's wallet, it means that for Sun to carry out another hardfork and steal them again, he would be stealing off a giant crypto exchange. Said exchange would have a bottomless pit of money to sue the shit out of him for theft.

So the funds are safe for now, but who knows what's going to happen next. But the victory is still sweet as Sun got royally fucked. Should be good publicity for the Hive blockchain too.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu May 21, 2020 6:14 am

Does Sun do a lot of sitting in chars with cats on his lap?

pErvinalia
Off his meds
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 am

He's a young pretty boy. He's got a reputation as a bit of a scammer. Seemed to play out like that with Steem.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.