The Coronavirus Thread

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:11 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 am
In the parts of Germany where prostitution has been allowed again, the regulations mandate that "sex workers and customers must wear masks at all time except during those activities that cannot be performed with a mask"
Doggy style is the new safe sex...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 pm

JimC wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:11 pm
NineBerry wrote:
In the parts of Germany where prostitution has been allowed again, the regulations mandate that "sex workers and customers must wear masks at all time except during those activities that cannot be performed with a mask"
That might not be enough because of the aerosols. Maybe we have to allow sex work to happen in the open air.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:57 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 pm
JimC wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:11 pm
NineBerry wrote:
That might not be enough because of the aerosols. Maybe we have to allow sex work to happen in the open air.
The lady can lean out of the window and 'present', whereupon the client can 'engage' while standing safely behind the curtains.

:whistle:
two minutes on the clock.jpg
two minutes on the clock.jpg (29.48 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am

Clearly, sterilised sex-bots are the way to go...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:02 am
Clearly, sterilised sex-bots are the way to go...
Having spent years working in the more primitive version of this, let me say that compliance rates among the sterilisation crews are likely to be problematic.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Training dogs to alert to the scent of the bug.

'Coronavirus: Sniffer dogs trial going "very well"'
A trial to see whether dogs can detect coronavirus is going "very well", according to the charity behind it.

Six dogs are being trained by Medical Detection Dogs in Milton Keynes.

Claire Guest, the charity's co-founder and chief executive, said the dogs were already showing signs that they would be able to sniff out the virus.

She has previously trained dogs to spot the scent of malaria, cancer and Parkinson's disease.

Dr Guest said her rescue dog Asher has been doing "exceptionally" well in training. The cocker spaniel was rehomed seven times because of his high drive before he found a home with her.

"He had already learned how to spot malaria and Parkinson's so we knew he would be well suited to this. He has been finding the training odour without any errors," she said.

"He is really leading the way and Storm is also doing incredibly well. He is very driven and really enjoying the work."

After eight weeks' initial training, the successful dogs will move on to a second phase to test them in live situations.

It is hoped the scheme will be expanded and dogs will be able to screen up to 250 people per hour, potentially at airports. They could also be used at testing centres.

The trial, backed by £500,000 of government funding, involves scientists from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Durham University.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Let's hope they're not barking up the wrong tree.

... I'll get my coat :leave:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 pm

Australia is certainly having a second wave. After weeks of having only a few new cases per day, yesterday we had 254 (the majority in my state, Victoria... :? ). Small beer compared to over 50,000 in the US, even per capita, but worrying none the less. And some of our cases were down to stupid security guards at hotels for returned overseas travellers being quarantined; apparently it involved parties and sex with the quarantined travellers... :roll:

Clearly a lack of oversight and supervision by state authorities; our state Premier was doing well in the polls, now, not so much...
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 pm

The UK government has, to great self composed-fanfare, decided that the Pubs will open in England tomorrow. All of the previous relaxations have been trailed during the week, announced on a Saturday, and brought in on the following Monday. The reasons for this change aren't clear. Mr Johnson said that they wanted to open the pubs in 'early July', but Monday 6 July is still early July. He also said they picked that date because they wanted to give publicans time to prepare - but again, opening on Monday would have given them two extra days to prepare.

Today the government chief medical office acknowledge that pubs are great place for people from different households and background to meet and spend time together, in an enclosed environment, but such spaces are also great for viruses. This remark seems at odds with the governments decisions, particular given that we've found out today that the Re rate in London is above 1 and rising at the moment. Some pub chains have said that they're going to ensure that the sound is down on the football so that people don't have to shout - which will be nice I'm sure - but I don't think their influence extends to making sure nobody celebrates their team scoring a goal. My suspicions about this are not just that the government has been pressured by the drinks industry or that they jsut want some citizens to give some money to other citizens because the economy needs it. I think the headlines in the tabloids tomorrow will tell us everything we need to know about why this date, 4th July, US independence day, was chosen. A front page picture of Boris with a pint is probably on the cards too.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm

The data. It is political. Dont you realise that? It is a farce. Almost 60% of the Dutch population find it very confusing. 26% are ignoring everything. You can sit next to each other in the train/tram/aircraft but once outside you have to keep 1,5m apart. Fucking madness.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:49 pm

You don't have to even look at the data to see that the UK has had 60,000 more deaths than the five-year average for the same period - unless you think they're making corpse up too. And besides, it's not the government telling us to be wary now but the medics - the government want us all to go out, spend money, and be ready to take a bullet for Capitalism if we have to.

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:54 pm

The UK is mess Brian and it will only get worse.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:55 pm

You'll not get any disagreement from me on that mate.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:28 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:08 pm
AustraliaMelbourne is certainly having a second wave.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.