The Coronavirus Thread

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 am

Our problem is we have 85% of the population above 12 years fully vaccinated. Hospital beds are being occupied by 95% of non vaccinated patients (mostly religious nutters) which are required for other patients. The decommissioned cabinet will announce new measures for the non-vaccinated nutters. Greater use of the Covid QR pass will be one.

I would charge them for the bed and staff use. At €3000 a day that would get them moving (I jest of course?).
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 am

Bit dictatorial there Scot. :tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm

I did say "in jest" but nothing pisses me off more than some religious nutter on tv going on about his right to refuse vaccination because it is not written in the scriptures and he expects the government to impose restrictions on all of us and objects otherwise to be singled out. He is the problem and we are the solution.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Would they refuse to have a broken leg reset, or turn down cancer treatment too? Somehow I doubt it. I don't think it's even about religion with these people - it's about identity.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Perhaps there is a middle course - if vaccinated people get covid, and need hospital treatment (and there will be very few), it is free in all systems. If you need covid treatment and are unvaccinated, expect a big bill...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 pm

The problem isn't money. You can't fix too many people needing treatment at the same time with money in the short run.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 pm
The problem isn't money. You can't fix too many people needing treatment at the same time with money in the short run.
It's not to get enough money for the system to operate, but to incentivise/punish the selfish unvaccinated...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:07 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:06 pm
NineBerry wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:00 pm
It's not to get enough money for the system to operate, but to incentivise/punish the selfish unvaccinated...
Won't work. Those people don't think ahead.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:43 am

Joe wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 am
I'm sure it's a plot to get Jim's gin. :plot: :lay:
Conservative host Candace Owens calls for US to invade Australia to free people from ‘tyranny’

A conservative US commentator has suggested America should “invade” to liberate Australians from “tyrannical” Covid-19 restrictions, likening the country to the early stages of a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin.
Owens said the thing that shocked her the most was people being locked out of their own states.

“Thousands of them are not allowed to return unless they get a vaccine, only after they go through a slow and restrictive exemption request process,” she said. “This is what is going on right now in Australia.”

Owens then questioned why America shouldn’t invade Australia like Afghanistan.

“For the last 20 years, the United States has spent trillions of dollars overseas in Afghanistan fighting a war, which we lost by the way,” she said.

“We were told the war was necessary anyway, the slaughtering of American sons and daughters on foreign soil because we were fighting a noble cause – to spread democracy in a tyrannical land. To free an oppressed people.

“So I’m going to ask those same lecturing politicians and media members a question – when do we deploy troops to Australia? When do we invade Australia and free an oppressed people who are suffering under a totalitarian regime? When do we spend trillions of dollars to spread democracy in Australia?”
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:35 am
I for one welcome our American overlords.
All of us are looking forward to being liberated by the likes of Candace Owen. From The Shovel:
America – please help liberate Australia. Donate now!

Dear American friends,

You may have seen your fellow Americans on Fox News calling for Australia to be liberated from our tyrannical nightmare. Now we’re asking for your help too.

Trapped in an oppressive regime of free healthcare, low gun crime, brutally beautiful weather and suffocating open space, we have nowhere else to turn.

We are suffering. Our minimum wages, like our vaccination rates, are ominously high. Our standard of living sits dangerously amongst the highest in the world. Our schools lack even the most basic metal detectors.

This cannot go on.

While Candace Owens has bravely suggested Australia should be invaded, we believe there is another, more effective way you can help. Instead of sending us your troops, send us your money.
  • Just $100 can buy us a nice brunch for four at our local café
  • $10 can pay for a second monthly streaming service, freeing us of the burden of having to keep switching between a Netflix, Stan and Prime subscription (so annoying!)
  • $5,000 will pay for our medical bills for a year, with $5,000 left over to spend on something totally unrelated
They say you can’t put a price on freedom, but we’d suggest it’s probably a monthly payment of $50. Minimum.

If you love oppression, tyranny and Communism, then simply ignore this message. But if you think freedom is worth standing up for, then please give everything you can. Join Ted Cruz, Joe Rogan, Donald Trump and others in standing up for Australia and donating to this worthy cause.
Please pass this on to all of your American friends.
Given the legendary generosity of the US we'll be free in the blink of an eye.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:32 am

Got my third BioNTech dose today.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:35 am

How trustworthy are test results? Positive or negative they should be accurate.

Covid lab returned four positive results from 2,400 Sheffield tests
Exclusive: positivity rate of 0.2% for tests processed by Immensa in Wolverhampton contrasts with national rate of about 5-8%

The laboratory at the centre of the Covid testing fiasco returned just four positive results out of more than 2,400 tests sent to it from one city, the Guardian has learned, raising questions about why it was not discovered sooner.

The positivity rate of just 0.2% from Sheffield tests sent to the Wolverhampton lab run by Immensa contrasts sharply with the national rate of about 5-8% at the time of the scandal.

Data released under freedom of information laws by Sheffield city council showed there were four positive results, 2,391 negative and 13 void results processed by the lab from 1 September until it was suspended in mid-October.

The disclosure also shows the scandal covers local authorities as far away from Wolverhampton as Yorkshire, with the UK Health Security Agency refusing to disclose which areas are affected beyond saying they are mostly in south-west England.

One expert suggested there should have been about 200 positive results based on prevalence figures from the time. Kit Yates, a senior lecturer in mathematics at Bath University, said the country needed to see a full list of all the walk-in/drive in centres that were affected.

“It’s all well and good notifying those people who were tested, but because of the nature of this communicable disease, this scandal now reaches well beyond those people,” he said. “The public deserve to know if their area was affected.”
Chumocracy? How about the rate of vaccination? It is all fairy data...

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Hermit wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:43 am
Joe wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 am
I'm sure it's a plot to get Jim's gin. :plot: :lay:
Conservative host Candace Owens calls for US to invade Australia to free people from ‘tyranny’

A conservative US commentator has suggested America should “invade” to liberate Australians from “tyrannical” Covid-19 restrictions, likening the country to the early stages of a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin.
Owens said the thing that shocked her the most was people being locked out of their own states.

“Thousands of them are not allowed to return unless they get a vaccine, only after they go through a slow and restrictive exemption request process,” she said. “This is what is going on right now in Australia.”

Owens then questioned why America shouldn’t invade Australia like Afghanistan.

“For the last 20 years, the United States has spent trillions of dollars overseas in Afghanistan fighting a war, which we lost by the way,” she said.

“We were told the war was necessary anyway, the slaughtering of American sons and daughters on foreign soil because we were fighting a noble cause – to spread democracy in a tyrannical land. To free an oppressed people.

“So I’m going to ask those same lecturing politicians and media members a question – when do we deploy troops to Australia? When do we invade Australia and free an oppressed people who are suffering under a totalitarian regime? When do we spend trillions of dollars to spread democracy in Australia?”
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:35 am
I for one welcome our American overlords.
All of us are looking forward to being liberated by the likes of Candace Owen. From The Shovel:
America – please help liberate Australia. Donate now!

Dear American friends,

You may have seen your fellow Americans on Fox News calling for Australia to be liberated from our tyrannical nightmare. Now we’re asking for your help too.

Trapped in an oppressive regime of free healthcare, low gun crime, brutally beautiful weather and suffocating open space, we have nowhere else to turn.

We are suffering. Our minimum wages, like our vaccination rates, are ominously high. Our standard of living sits dangerously amongst the highest in the world. Our schools lack even the most basic metal detectors.

This cannot go on.

While Candace Owens has bravely suggested Australia should be invaded, we believe there is another, more effective way you can help. Instead of sending us your troops, send us your money.
  • Just $100 can buy us a nice brunch for four at our local café
  • $10 can pay for a second monthly streaming service, freeing us of the burden of having to keep switching between a Netflix, Stan and Prime subscription (so annoying!)
  • $5,000 will pay for our medical bills for a year, with $5,000 left over to spend on something totally unrelated
They say you can’t put a price on freedom, but we’d suggest it’s probably a monthly payment of $50. Minimum.

If you love oppression, tyranny and Communism, then simply ignore this message. But if you think freedom is worth standing up for, then please give everything you can. Join Ted Cruz, Joe Rogan, Donald Trump and others in standing up for Australia and donating to this worthy cause.
Please pass this on to all of your American friends.
Given the legendary generosity of the US we'll be free in the blink of an eye.
:hehe:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:22 am

Really crap clinical study:
Reierson and colleagues gave 741 volunteers with Covid-19 100 mg of fluvoxamine twice a day for 10 days while 756 volunteers got a placebo.
Among the patients who got fluvoxamine, 79 -- or about 11% -- needed treatment in an ER or hospital room compared to nearly 16% of those given placebos. It was a 5% decrease in absolute risk and a 32% decrease in relative risk.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/28/health/f ... g5yy2rXjys
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:37 pm

This is going to hurt Scotty. Dutch facemasks are the best!
https://mobile.twitter.com/Frankvdb1971 ... 6166807556
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:34 pm

Never wear them, not worth it. Our hospital beds are being filled by 50+ unvaccinated idiots.