Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Did you have a communist candidate?
They only fielded one candidate (Motherwell) but they were on the D'Hondt party lists for my region.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:18 am

90ED59F8-56F6-48C9-84D1-A76EB18BB225.png
When Eric Clapton made the statement about the freedoms being infringed upon, that really resonated with me,” Tritt said on conservative talker Steven Crowder’s Louder With Crowder Internet show. “Aside from the personal effects that he had had from getting the vaccine, I just agreed from a philosophical standpoint about we have to preserve our freedoms. We’ve never been in a situation, that I know of, in this country where the government has been allowed to force you to take medicine that you may or may not need.”
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:51 am

What a tritt.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 am

I became an informer today. In Victoria, all construction workers are required to wear masks. There's a block of flats being built near our place, and anytime I walk by, not a single worker is wearing a mask. So, I reported them to the Victorian government hotline for such issues. Hopefully, a team of steely-eyed inspectors will descend on the site, check their compliance (and they're all supposed to be at least single vaxxed, too, which I bet is not the case) and shut the site down for a while.

:Jack:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

macdoc
Twitcher

Post by macdoc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:08 am

We’ve never been in a situation, that I know of, in this country where the government has been allowed to force you to take medicine that you may or may not need.”
hmmm
The Supreme Court didn’t take the idea that vaccines were "a barbarous ceremonial of blood-poisoning” and cow worship very seriously. In a 7-2 ruling, they found that the government did have the right to impose mandatory vaccines, because “real liberty for all could not exist” if individuals used their liberty to injure others.
Resident in Cairns Australia Australia> CB300F • Travel photos https://500px.com/p/macdoc?view=galleries

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 am

JimC wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:01 am
I became an informer today. In Victoria, all construction workers are required to wear masks. There's a block of flats being built near our place, and anytime I walk by, not a single worker is wearing a mask. So, I reported them to the Victorian government hotline for such issues. Hopefully, a team of steely-eyed inspectors will descend on the site, check their compliance (and they're all supposed to be at least single vaxxed, too, which I bet is not the case) and shut the site down for a while.

:Jack:
Curtain twitcher!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:17 am

I'm sure it's a plot to get Jim's gin. :plot: :lay:
Conservative host Candace Owens calls for US to invade Australia to free people from ‘tyranny’

A conservative US commentator has suggested America should “invade” to liberate Australians from “tyrannical” Covid-19 restrictions, likening the country to the early stages of a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin.
Owens said the thing that shocked her the most was people being locked out of their own states.

“Thousands of them are not allowed to return unless they get a vaccine, only after they go through a slow and restrictive exemption request process,” she said. “This is what is going on right now in Australia.”

Owens then questioned why America shouldn’t invade Australia like Afghanistan.

“For the last 20 years, the United States has spent trillions of dollars overseas in Afghanistan fighting a war, which we lost by the way,” she said.

“We were told the war was necessary anyway, the slaughtering of American sons and daughters on foreign soil because we were fighting a noble cause – to spread democracy in a tyrannical land. To free an oppressed people.

“So I’m going to ask those same lecturing politicians and media members a question – when do we deploy troops to Australia? When do we invade Australia and free an oppressed people who are suffering under a totalitarian regime? When do we spend trillions of dollars to spread democracy in Australia?”
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:35 am

I for one welcome our American overlords.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:18 pm

We come in peace. Here's your AR-15 and Chik-Fil-A.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:01 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Did you have a communist candidate?
I think the SNP stand everywhere.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:08 pm

While the Lib Dems mostly kneel.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm

UK faces ‘another lockdown Christmas if we don’t act soon’

A prominent adviser to the government on Covid-19 has said he is very fearful of another “lockdown Christmas”, as he urged the public to do everything possible to reduce the spread of the virus.

Prof Peter Openshaw, a member of the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag), said case numbers and death rates were currently unacceptable, and re-emphasised the importance of measures such as working from home and mask wearing as part of efforts to control the spread of Covid.

His intervention comes after the prime minister resisted calls from health leaders, including the head of the NHS Confederation and the council chair of the British Medical Association, who urged “categorically” that the “time is now” for tighter restrictions.

Asked on Friday about the possibility of a winter lockdown, Boris Johnson claimed there was “absolutely nothing to indicate that that is on the cards at all”. The chancellor, Rishi Sunak, also said the vaccine rollout and booster jabs made a lockdown or “very significant economic restrictions” unlikely.

The health secretary, Sajid Javid, conceded earlier this week that new cases could reach a record 100,000 a day, but Downing Street insisted there was still spare capacity in the NHS and that “plan B” winter measures, including mandatory use of face masks and working from home guidance, would only be activated if it came under significant pressure...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... t-act-soon

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:02 pm

--nope

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:08 pm
While the Lib Dems mostly kneel.
...and the Tories lie.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm

False Covid test results not cause of surge in south-west England, says No 10
Government suggests current sharp rise is linked to previous lower rates in region rather than Wolverhampton lab errors

Downing Street has dismissed claims that 43,000 false Covid test results from a Wolverhampton laboratory are to blame for the sharp rise in the number of cases in the south-west of England, claiming that the region may be catching up with the rest of the country.

Experts have linked the high case rates in the west country to the problems at the Wolverhampton laboratory of a company called Immensa, which NHS test and trace suspended from processing PCR Covid tests earlier this month.

However, No 10 insisted on Monday that the false results issue was not the cause of the surge, suggesting that the lower Covid rates in the region in the past could be behind the current increase.

“In terms of the causes behind the increase in the south-west, we’ve seen there was this lab error; I don’t believe that accounts for the increases we have seen,” Boris Johnson’s official spokesperson said. “We know the south-west was an area that did not previously have as high rates as other parts of the country, which may be a factor as well.”
According to No 10...
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".