The Coronavirus Thread

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by laklak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 am
World's Largest Ball of String...I must have been near it once. it's only slightly smaller than the World's Largest Ball of String in Kansas.
So it's just a pretender World's Largest Ball of String? That's terrible, how could someone do that? Think of how disappointed the children will be!
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Our lovely tyrants have been in 'let's not close schools or do anything that would deter adults from working" mode.
BUT they decreed a general curfew at 8pm. In certain areas, that curfew has even been advanced tào 6PM; and there's talk of decreeing that for the whole country. Now, if you go to work and have to be home by 6... just when do you do grocery shopping and other such necessary things that need you to be free to go out?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Coronavirus very likely to stay with us
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/14/heal ... index.html

but by next year they will have one shot vaccines, more stable. Yet, this mRNA vaccine will advance similar treatments of cancers. Cancer cells have learned to lie dormant and not divide. Yet they are different than normal cells. This delivery will work.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Fuck the tyrants, kill them all with ruthless cruelty ! :lynchmob:
Yep, I just hear that the tyrannous morons have indeed decreed a 6pm curfew.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Lebanese health minister Hamad Hassan organized this mass lunch a week ago. Today, he had to go to hospital with Covid :bored:
20210114_200213.jpg

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN29I2X6

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 pm
Our lovely tyrants have been in 'let's not close schools or do anything that would deter adults from working" mode.
BUT they decreed a general curfew at 8pm. In certain areas, that curfew has even been advanced tào 6PM; and there's talk of decreeing that for the whole country. Now, if you go to work and have to be home by 6... just when do you do grocery shopping and other such necessary things that need you to be free to go out?
Get delivery
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:15 am

can't, delivery means paying in advance with credit card these days, I'm cash only. (not a matter of choice, just that my bank will not forget 20yo mistakes and accept I might not repeat them)

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 am

Get a debit card.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:01 am

my bank won't give me one. BTW, here, the term credit card covers any bank card, not just those tied to some kind of credit issuance.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 am

Why won't they give you a debit card? It's no different in terms of risk for them than a standard eftpos card.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:39 am

Once again class counts in the UK:

While Covid pushes the NHS to breaking point, private healthcare is thriving
Polly Toynbee wrote:NHS England is trying to negotiate the use of beds to cope with a waiting list crisis – it’s time the private sector stepped up

Back in that long-ago first wave of Covid-19, there really was an “all in this together” mood. People clapped on a Thursday and children painted rainbows; public trust that the government would do its best was still riding high. In those innocent days before Dominic Cummings’ eyesight test, there was goodwill towards the government. One or two early actions struck exactly the right public note.

Especially this one: the NHS took over all the capacity of private hospitals, its 8,000 beds, 680 operating theatres and 20,000 staff, to carry out non-Covid emergency treatments for cancer, stroke and heart patients. In a gesture of wartime necessity, the well-off could not commandeer special treatment.

But the beds were not requisitioned as they might be in wartime; they were officially bought at “cost price” and the sum has been estimated to be £1bn, steep according to many. Though other deals continue elsewhere, the contract with London’s hospitals ended in August and NHS England has since been locked in a dispute over the price of private beds. The Treasury balks at the cost, while private hospitals spy new opportunities in the spike in private demand as the NHS overflows. Private healthcare companies have seen what the Telegraph describes as a “boom” in demand; William Laing, of LaingBuisson, a private health market monitor, predicts “pent up demand” will lead to a sharp increase in NHS patients opting for “self-pay” private treatment.
The Chumocracy in action again.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:11 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:27 am
Why won't they give you a debit card? It's no different in terms of risk for them than a standard eftpos card.
Not sure... I did misuse mine 20 years ago, but there was nothing criminal in it, and anyway, the law of limitations should have kickled in, but either they are real assholes, or the banque de france holds me in special hatred.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:58 pm

The black stain is difficult to wash off. The same is true here. Get onto the black list ...
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:01 pm

01DDF25C-5A9E-454A-B42B-02EABA440079.jpeg
Daily post to aggr...humor Scotty.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Magic and esoteric treatments are used in some German hospitals to treat covid patients... :banghead:

But Germany is also a country where some people who fall severely ill with Covid-19 can find themselves taken to hospitals where they are treated, under sedation and without a formalised opt-in procedure, with ginger-soaked chest compresses and homeopathic pellets containing highly diluted particles of iron supposedly harvested from shooting stars that have landed on earth.

Followers of the “spiritual scientist” and self-proclaimed clairvoyant Rudolf Steiner advocate such therapies to fight the coronavirus because of a supposed “anxiety-relieving effect on the soul and the body” and ability to “strengthen the inner relationship to light”.

There are no peer-reviewed studies or clinical trials proving the effectiveness of these remedies, and they are not included in the official treatment guidelines issued by Germany’s leading intensive care associations.

Yet in Germany some of these therapies have been given to critically ill patients throughout the pandemic at Steiner hospitals such as Gemeinschaftskrankenhaus Havelhöhe, one of a network of 16 clinics in Berlin offering intensive care to Covid-19 patients under the oversight of the prestigious Charité university hospital.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... in-germany