The Coronavirus Thread

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by NineBerry » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:40 pm
Mohammad was playing golf when the twin towers came down?
The towers weren't hit by planes, but by golf balls directly shot from the golf court in Paradise

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:09 pm

The Deep State is on the verge of being destroyed.

By Deep State v. 2

Whew! THAT was close!
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 pm

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Here we are then.
(spoilered to be sensitive to leftie sensibilities)
Trigger Warning!!!1! :
youarehere.png
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

:lol: I remember that.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:34 pm

For the second day in a row, the number of new cases in Australia was less than the day before, which is certainly a hopeful sign.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:37 pm

Hell yeah. I wonder why.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 pm

The measures taken a week or more ago, closing down many places for social gathering, plus increased efforts to track and isolate carriers.
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:47 pm

we are getting more than 300 dead a day now, and they say that not only hasn't the outbreak peaked, but the big wave is not quite yet upon us.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 am

I tell you one industry that will be completely fucked for years - the cruise ship industry...
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:11 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 am
I tell you one industry that will be completely fucked for years - the cruise ship industry...
Which is a pity. I totally enjoyed our trip from Southampton to Sydney, even though one person died on the way. Heart attack.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:29 am

JimC wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:03 am
Dammit! How else am I going to find a rich, lonely dowager with a generous nature and a heart condition?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:29 am

:lol:
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:49 am

A letter to the UK from Italy: this is what we know about your future

I am writing to you from Italy, which means I am writing from your future. We are now where you will be in a few days. The epidemic’s charts show us all entwined in a parallel dance.

We are but a few steps ahead of you in the path of time, just like Wuhan was a few weeks ahead of us. We watch you as you behave just as we did. You hold the same arguments we did until a short time ago, between those who still say “it’s only a flu, why all the fuss?” and those who have already understood.

As we watch you from here, from your future, we know that many of you, as you were told to lock yourselves up into your homes, quoted Orwell, some even Hobbes. But soon you’ll be too busy for that.

First of all, you’ll eat. Not just because it will be one of the few last things that you can still do.

You’ll find dozens of social networking groups with tutorials on how to spend your free time in fruitful ways. You will join them all, then ignore them completely after a few days.

You’ll pull apocalyptic literature out of your bookshelves, but will soon find you don’t really feel like reading any of it.

You’ll eat again. You will not sleep well. You will ask yourselves what is happening to democracy.

You’ll have an unstoppable online social life – on Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom…

You will miss your adult children like you never have before; the realisation that you have no idea when you will ever see them again will hit you like a punch in the chest.

Old resentments and falling-outs will seem irrelevant. You will call people you had sworn never to talk to ever again, so as to ask them: “How are you doing?” Many women will be beaten in their homes.

You will wonder what is happening to all those who can’t stay home because they don’t have one. You will feel vulnerable when going out shopping in the deserted streets, especially if you are a woman. You will ask yourselves if this is how societies collapse. Does it really happen so fast? You’ll block out these thoughts and when you get back home you’ll eat again.

You will put on weight. You’ll look for online fitness training.

You’ll laugh. You’ll laugh a lot. You’ll flaunt a gallows humour you never had before. Even people who’ve always taken everything dead seriously will contemplate the absurdity of life, of the universe and of it all.

You will make appointments in the supermarket queues with your friends and lovers, so as to briefly see them in person, all the while abiding by the social distancing rules.

You will count all the things you do not need.

The true nature of the people around you will be revealed with total clarity. You will have confirmations and surprises.

Literati who had been omnipresent in the news will disappear, their opinions suddenly irrelevant; some will take refuge in rationalisations which will be so totally lacking in empathy that people will stop listening to them. People whom you had overlooked, instead, will turn out to be reassuring, generous, reliable, pragmatic and clairvoyant.

Those who invite you to see all this mess as an opportunity for planetary renewal will help you to put things in a larger perspective. You will also find them terribly annoying: nice, the planet is breathing better because of the halved CO2 emissions, but how will you pay your bills next month?

You will not understand if witnessing the birth of a new world is more a grandiose or a miserable affair.

You will play music from your windows and lawns. When you saw us singing opera from our balconies, you thought “ah, those Italians”. But we know you will sing uplifting songs to each other too. And when you blast I Will Survive from your windows, we’ll watch you and nod just like the people of Wuhan, who sung from their windows in February, nodded while watching us.

Many of you will fall asleep vowing that the very first thing you’ll do as soon as lockdown is over is file for divorce.

Many children will be conceived.

Your children will be schooled online. They’ll be horrible nuisances; they’ll give you joy.

Elderly people will disobey you like rowdy teenagers: you’ll have to fight with them in order to forbid them from going out, to get infected and die.

You will try not to think about the lonely deaths inside the ICU.

You’ll want to cover with rose petals all medical workers’ steps.

You will be told that society is united in a communal effort, that you are all in the same boat. It will be true. This experience will change for good how you perceive yourself as an individual part of a larger whole.

Class, however, will make all the difference. Being locked up in a house with a pretty garden or in an overcrowded housing project will not be the same. Nor is being able to keep on working from home or seeing your job disappear. That boat in which you’ll be sailing in order to defeat the epidemic will not look the same to everyone nor is it actually the same for everyone: it never was.

At some point, you will realise it’s tough. You will be afraid. You will share your fear with your dear ones, or you will keep it to yourselves so as not to burden them with it too.

You will eat again.

We’re in Italy, and this is what we know about your future. But it’s just small-scale fortune-telling. We are very low-key seers.

If we turn our gaze to the more distant future, the future which is unknown both to you and to us too, we can only tell you this: when all of this is over, the world won’t be the same.

-- Francesca Melandri, Rome, 27 March 2020

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... our-future
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:58 am

Hermit wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:14 pm
Your depressing brand of street preaching is not only unhelpful but also quite destructive...
Glaxative affects me differently, Brian. It does not depress me. I find the rants of someone that much off the planet (metaphorically speaking, of course) impossible to take seriously enough to let it become depressing or destructive in any way. Unhelpful, yes, but it is entertaining despite also being rather repetitive.

One thing that helps to keep boredom at bay is Glaxative writing skill. He manages to avoid grammatical and typographical errors almost all the time, but that's just basic. More importantly, he tends to stay clear of clichés and platitudes. Best of all, his sentences are brief, clearly structured, and each of them flows easily to the next. Glaxative's post are a pleasure to read for those reasons.

Glaxative is totally bereft of a sense of humour, but that difference aside, his output resembles that of Aldous Huxley's early novels and some of his short stories. Just imagine what he could have achieved were he not so batshit crazy.

I wish I could write like either. Alas, having tried and failed for decades, the likelihood of eventually reaching that level of skill is practically zero.
:flowers: It's said that one day Jesus was walking, with his disciples, along a dirt road when they passed a dead dog rotting in the ditch. One by one the disciples commented on the stench and the flies, and maggots, and crow pecked eyes. Then Jesus stopped and said, "Look at its teeth, they're so glossy and wondrously white, so much nicer than any of ours..." :cheers:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian