Post by rainbow » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 am

I knew there was a song called "Breathe". I just couldn't place it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:33 am

There's tons. There's also one by Depeche Mode that I'm not going to post because it could attract a certain other poster. There's also one by :Wumpscut: that you have to listen to carefully in order not to think it's racist

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

Bad Company UK

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am

Excerpt from a documentary showing how micro droplets, aerosols or whatever you want to call small amounts of liquids, travel through air:

The full documentary was first broadcast in March.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:49 am

Ballad of the Antifa.
BArF−4

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:51 am

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:52 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:38 am
Excerpt from a documentary showing how micro droplets, aerosols or whatever you want to call small amounts of liquids, travel through air:

The full documentary was first broadcast in March.
:ani: That sneeze is super-gross. :snork:
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:54 am

NineBerry wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:10 am
De kleine druppels-

This sounds so sweet. I want to have some of them and cuddle with them.
Dutch is sweet :swoon:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 pm

The tempo of both new cases and deaths has accelerated in the US...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 pm

An interesting (and worrying) article about the nature of Victoria's second wave:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020 ... n/12434138
When Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced a fresh six weeks of lockdown for Melbourne and surrounds this week, he described the situation as a "more precarious, challenging and potentially tragic position than we were at some months ago".

The reason for this can be summed up in two words, health experts say: community transmission.

In March, when the first round of lockdown restrictions were brought in nationwide, Australia was seeing a couple of hundred new cases each day – not much more than the number of daily cases coming through in Melbourne and surrounds over the past few days.

But a key difference this time is that these new daily cases are mostly from people who have caught the virus here in Australia, says Katie Allen, Federal Liberal Member for Higgins, paediatrician and former medical researcher.
And my gin!

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:59 pm

I'd blame all the snakes and spiders. Or the sheep and cats.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 pm
An interesting (and worrying) article about the nature of Victoria's second wave:

When Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced a fresh six weeks of lockdown for Melbourne and surrounds this week, he described the situation as a "more precarious, challenging and potentially tragic position than we were at some months ago".

The reason for this can be summed up in two words, health experts say: community transmission.

In March, when the first round of lockdown restrictions were brought in nationwide, Australia was seeing a couple of hundred new cases each day – not much more than the number of daily cases coming through in Melbourne and surrounds over the past few days.

But a key difference this time is that these new daily cases are mostly from people who have caught the virus here in Australia, says Katie Allen, Federal Liberal Member for Higgins, paediatrician and former medical researcher.
ibid wrote:... But there are responsibilities on individuals too.

Dr Vally said people should be following the spirit of the tougher restrictions rather than pushing the limits of the rules.

"It's up to people to be really earnest and very thorough in the way that they maintain physical distance, wash their hands and keep their hand hygiene going, make sure that they limit their exposure to people outside the house," he said.

"Maybe, if they're going to be in situations where they think they're going to come into contact with people, now is the time for people to start to consider wearing a mask." ...
So if you get it you only have yourself to blame?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:22 am

Our Treasury minister has an idea...

... yet while the government are relaxing social distancing rules, opening up the high street, and encouraging people to spend, spend, spend they're also chiding people, particularly in new hotspots, for not acting responsibly. 25% of people who've tested positive are not responding to emails or phone calls from track and trace teams. Testing positive now obliges you to 14-days of self-quarantine, but the support offered through the benefits system has also been withdrawn because, as the gov points out, with the opening up the economy means it's no longer needed. Without any form of government support it's presumed that many of those who are testing positing are simply having to go to work as normal in order to meet the bills. No doubt the government will label these people 'irresponsible' in due course.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 am
JimC wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 pm

ibid wrote:... But there are responsibilities on individuals too.

Dr Vally said people should be following the spirit of the tougher restrictions rather than pushing the limits of the rules.

"It's up to people to be really earnest and very thorough in the way that they maintain physical distance, wash their hands and keep their hand hygiene going, make sure that they limit their exposure to people outside the house," he said.

"Maybe, if they're going to be in situations where they think they're going to come into contact with people, now is the time for people to start to consider wearing a mask." ...
So if you get it you only have yourself to blame?
Possibly a bit unfair on Dr Vally. Sure, governments have a vital role, and when they stuff up (as our state government did by lax supervision of security guards) they need to take responsibility. But it's also true that the more effectively members of the general population act on their social distancing and personal hygiene, the safer both they and the community will be.
And my gin!