The Coronavirus Thread

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 pm

I fully expected you to ignore the science that doesn't agree with the corporate media narrative.

Trust the science, but only when the science agrees with facebook, right?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Sad news. He survived. :(

Ted Nugent, who once dismissed coronavirus, tests positive for it, felt like he ‘was dying’
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-a ... nt-covid19
Rocker Ted Nugent is revealing he was in agony after testing positive for the coronavirus — months after he said the virus was “not a real pandemic.”

“I thought I was dying,” Nugent says in a Facebook live video posted Monday. “I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days,” adding: “So I was officially tested positive for COVID-19 today.”

In the video shot at his Michigan ranch, the “Cat Scratch Fever” singer repeatedly uses racist slurs to refer to COVID-19 and reiterates his previous stance that he wouldn’t be getting the vaccine because he claims wrongly that “nobody knows what’s in it.”

Nugent, a supporter of ex-President Trump, previously called the pandemic a scam and has railed against public health restrictions. He has repeated a narrative pushed by conservative media and disputed by health experts that suggests the official death count from the coronavirus is inflated.

A poll by the Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research in late March found that 36% of Republicans said they will probably or definitely not get vaccinated, compared with 12% of Democrats. The seven-day national average of cases remains more than 60,000 new infections per day.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 pm
I fully expected you to ignore the science that doesn't agree with the corporate media narrative.

Er, there was no science there. The masks have not resulted in lack of oxygen. There are thusands of employees that wear dust masks most of the work day. I've worn a full face mask with cartidges for half an hour.
Last edited by Tero on Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm

Tero wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm
Cunt wrote:

Er, there was no science there. The masked have not resulted in lack of oxygen. There are thusands of employees that wear dust masks most of the work day. I've worn a full face mask with cartidges for half an hour.
Should someone tell him what a hypothesis is, because that's what his paper is.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:12 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:36 pm
,,,after the Project Veritas disclosures including hidden camera videos of CNN executives...
PV does not have hidden camera videos of CNN executives. Charlie Chester has no editorial influence whatsoever. He is a technical director who bignoted himself and spun tall tales in order to get into the pants of a woman who impersonated someone with leftish views during a sting operation.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:40 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm
Tero wrote:
Cunt wrote:

Er, there was no science there. The masked have not resulted in lack of oxygen. There are thusands of employees that wear dust masks most of the work day. I've worn a full face mask with cartidges for half an hour.
What the publisher of the paper says about the journal:
The purpose of Medical Hypotheses is to publish interesting theoretical papers. The journal will consider radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific ideas provided they are coherently expressed.

Medical Hypotheses is not, however, a journal for publishing workaday reviews of the literature, nor is it a journal for primary data...

Inclusion of extensive new data is not usually acceptable in Medical Hypotheses papers.
So, no, Baruch Vainshelboim is not a study. It lacks empirical data to make it one. It is a "radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific hypothesis". Its assertions have been debunked before it was even written.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:40 pm
Joe wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm
Tero wrote:
Cunt wrote:

What the publisher of the paper says about the journal:
The purpose of Medical Hypotheses is to publish interesting theoretical papers. The journal will consider radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific ideas provided they are coherently expressed.

Medical Hypotheses is not, however, a journal for publishing workaday reviews of the literature, nor is it a journal for primary data...

Inclusion of extensive new data is not usually acceptable in Medical Hypotheses papers.
So, no, Baruch Vainshelboim is not a study. It lacks empirical data to make it one. It is a "radical, speculative and non-mainstream scientific hypothesis". Its assertions have been debunked before it was even written.
Yep, and if I remember my high school science class right, an untested hypothesis is meaningless anyway if you follow the science.

Some of the references look pretty sketchy too.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:51 pm
It looks like not all studies support mask use the way we have been advised to use them.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/
Conclusion
The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.
Fresh and recent, but I have a feeling the damaging effects of masks will be downplayed, because otherwise, 'Infallible Fauci' turns out to be just another idiot politician.
Nah, it's not a scientific study, it's a paper presenting a hypothesis, written by an exercise physiologist (not a medical doctor, not an immunologist, not a virologist). He has three citations which supposedly support his assertion that 'scientific evidences are lacking' for the effectiveness of masks. I read all three of the sources, and none of them actually support his assertion. As Tero observed, the paper is bs. On the other hand, it convinced Diamond and Silk, so of course everybody should throw away their masks.

You can safely ignore the following link--it's a fact-check and I know you despise such things. However, those who are less enlightened than you may wish to join in the delusional scoffing at the medical expertise of Diamond and Silk.

'Medical Hypotheses journal article lacks evidence that masks cause ill effects'

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Poor Cunt. Gets it wrong again.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 pm

It's interesting to see what kinds of facts get fact-checked, vs which kind don't.

So he's wrong about masks. They should really get it suppressed on facebook, to protect the rubes there.

Maybe ban it from twitter, too. Oh, don't forget tumblr
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:27 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 pm
It's interesting to see what kinds of facts get fact-checked, vs which kind don't.
All kinds of facts get fact-checked.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 am

Cunt wrote:

So he's wrong about masks. They should really get it suppressed on facebook, to protect the rubes there.

The Facebook post from Diamond and Silk that promoted the bullshit claims in the Medical Hypotheses paper has been taken down by the leftist censors because Diamond and Silk are Trump supporters. Or something.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:38 am

Cunt wrote:

Meh, people have taken it seriously, looked a bit deeper into it, and found it somewhat lacking. You express it well, but the butthurt the alt-right are feeling is neither here nor there - this wasn't fact checked to annoy them, it annoys them because it was fact checked.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:30 am

Facts are a left-wing conspiracy! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:32 pm

Many places here you can just get a next day appointment. My daughter got her shot.

Now you need a third:
The chief medical officer of BioNTech told CNBC on Wednesday that people will likely need a third shot of its two-dose Covid-19 vaccine as immunity against the virus wanes, agreeing with previous comments made by Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla.

Dr. Ozlem Tureci, the co-founder and CMO of BioNTech, which developed a Covid vaccine with Pfizer, said she also expects people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually, like for the seasonal flu. That's because, she said, scientists expect vaccine-induced immunity against the virus will decrease over time.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...