The Coronavirus Thread

Fletch F. Fletch
About me: It's the_piper from Ratskep, and I was born and bred in a briar patch.

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:25 pm
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:I'm having a lot of symptoms from the J&J vaccine I took yesterday. A beaming headache, muscle and joint pain, dizziness, and feels like I have a fever. I hope I didn't get infected in the past couple days, and it's really merely side effects from the vaccine. I could barely walk last night. I just spent 15 hours in bed, and I feel like I'm headed back there in a few. :cry:

There were about 3 dozen cars at the medical center, and Wednesday at the dentist around 12 people in the waiting room. Then I stopped at a second hand store and the guy was sniffling and wiping his nose with the back of his hand. Of course, no mask, I was thinking about renting space from him to sell my junk, but I pro'lly don't want to hitch my wagon to that star.
You're fast-breeding virus killing stormtroopers. That'll take it out of you for sure.

Stay hydrated :hugs:
:smoke: :cheers: Just in time, Maine's going through a 3rd/4th wave of increased cases from the UK variant.

Fletch F. Fletch
About me: It's the_piper from Ratskep, and I was born and bred in a briar patch.

Post by Fletch F. Fletch » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:25 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:00 pm
Fletch F. Fletch wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:32 pm
I'm having a lot of symptoms from the J&J vaccine I took yesterday. A beaming headache, muscle and joint pain, dizziness, and feels like I have a fever. I hope I didn't get infected in the past couple days, and it's really merely side effects from the vaccine. I could barely walk last night. I just spent 15 hours in bed, and I feel like I'm headed back there in a few. :cry:

There were about 3 dozen cars at the medical center, and Wednesday at the dentist around 12 people in the waiting room. Then I stopped at a second hand store and the guy was sniffling and wiping his nose with the back of his hand. Of course, no mask, I was thinking about renting space from him to sell my junk, but I pro'lly don't want to hitch my wagon to that star.
I tried 'denial', and pretending that others were exaggerating their symptoms, but still felt like ass. Not as bad as you, but I think it is a bit of a kick in the teeth for most of us.

That second-hand store thing is a problem. I love the re-purposing vibe, but don't want to go browse like I used to.

Some neighbours are putting things out like a garage sale, but without charging. I hope there are tech solutions to improve re-purposing and re-using, in better ways than bricks-and-mortar.
I wasn't prepared for how bad the symptoms were going to be. I think that's a sign that if I did gt the virus, it would've been bad for me.
Yeah it's too early to be indoors with people who don't take any precautions whatsoever. Most second hand shoppers are mature, which doesn't bode well for this pandemic. The guy is over 60. If it's covid he has, I may never see him again. I sell online, but have a lot of larger items like stereo equipment and video game systems where the cost of shipping is prohibitive on. I can have a yard sale, but people where I live are notoriously cheap and broke. It's usually a waste of a backache.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:57 am

J&J
I think it's one death so far:
Four serious cases of unusual clots accompanied by low blood platelets, one of which was fatal, have emerged after immunization with the J&J shot, the European Medicines Agency said Friday. The regulator is now scrutinizing potential safety issues for two Covid vaccines, after AstraZeneca Plc’s shot was possibly linked to a rare blood-clotting disorder.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... pId=google
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:09 am

City councilman (GOP)
has stroke after freaking out for no purpose.
https://www.1011now.com/2021/04/09/linc ... -hospital/
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:15 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:00 pm
Hermit wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:22 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:23 am
Their good work on medical disinformation is great though.
What did they disinform us about? there were no 134,914,658 coronavirus cases leading to 2,920,789 deaths? Vaccines don't work? Masks, quarantines, social distancing etc don't help reducing the pandemic's spread?
Oops, I meant their work suppressing medical disinformation. They are VERY reputable.
  The things you learn...  
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:02 pm

Watch out Canada...
... The Whistler Blackcomb ski resort was shut down by provincial authorities at the end of March after they realised that P1, the highly infectious coronavirus variant traced back to Brazil, was spreading rapidly throughout the community.

As provinces across Canada break records for new cases of the virus, experts have grown increasingly troubled by the rapid and covert spread of variants. With 877 confirmed cases of P1, the province of British Columbia is now the centre of the world’s largest sequenced outbreak of the variant outside Brazil – and nearly a quarter of those cases have been linked to Whistler...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... t-whistler
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 pm

Got to get on a plane with a loved one who has a compromised immune system. Once we get home, not worried about spread. Our communities have sensible, practical and effective interventions.

So far...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:43 am

Shops, hairdressers, al fresco eating and drinking to resume again today. The Prime Minister made it clear that he was giving his permission to do this, but that it'll be our fault if things go wrong...

“Today is a major step forward in our roadmap to freedom as venues such as shops, hairdressers, nail salons, outdoor attractions, and pubs and restaurants open once again,” he said. “I’m sure it will be a huge relief for those business owners who have been closed for so long, and for everyone else it’s a chance to get back to doing some of the things we love and have missed. But I urge everyone to continue to behave responsibly and remember ‘hands, face, space and fresh air’ to suppress Covid as we push on with our vaccination programme,” (Telegraph, paywall)
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:31 am

From what I can see of covid numbers, the UK is currently doing much better than most of Europe, presumably because of your higher vaccination rate...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:46 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:31 am
From what I can see of covid numbers, the UK is currently doing much better than most of Europe, presumably because of your higher vaccination rate...
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:11 pm
You cant trust any data ... FFS they lie about everything. Keep drinking the kool-aid.
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:45 pm
The UK is totally corrupt
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:50 am

Fairy data!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:00 am

Shut yer gob, TB. :P

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:00 am

That Covid 14 was nasty, lucky nobody caught it. Apparently though, cat scratch fever will rot your brain.
Ted Nugent:
"You know, I guess I would ask you, because I'm addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common-sense meter would demand the answer to why weren't we shut down for Covid one through 18?"
'Ted Nugent Wants to Know Where the Shutdowns Were for COVID-1 Through COVID-18 — No, Really'
The COVID-19 pandemic did a pretty good job showing which musicians, celebrities, friends, and family members believe in science and which prefer conspiracy theories. But on the scale that tops out around Van Morrison, Ted Nugent is in a league of his own.

Long known as the rock ‘n roll’s uncle whom you wouldn’t want to be stuck next to at the Thanksgiving table, the guitar legend and borderline right-wing extremist hit the conspiracy-friendly forum of Facebook Live (and originally transcribed by Blabbermouth) yesterday to ponder one of the hardest questions for those who don’t have a basic knowledge of science or recent etymology: “Why were there no shutdowns for COVID-1 through -18?”

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am

Ooh, the jab can give you the shakes.

'Terrifying Viral Videos of Shaking After COVID-19 Vaccines Are Not What They Seem'
The footage is concerning, even alarming. In a number of videos posted online and already viewed millions of times on social media, two separate American women appear to experience bouts of tremors and involuntary body movements.

There is no direct connection between the women, except both had received COVID-19 vaccines shortly before their symptoms appeared, a fact some have linked to the appearance of these tremors. But scientists say there is another valid explanation for what we see in the footage.

While there's absolutely no suggestion that anyone is faking these symptoms, researchers think it's not the contents of the COVID-19 vaccines causing the shaking and convulsions.

Instead, it's possible that these viral videos depict a rare and little-understood medical condition called functional neurological disorder (FND) – a neuropsychiatric disorder thought to be triggered by a range of stimuli, including physical or emotional events, injuries, medical procedures, and sometimes even the act of getting a needle injected.

"Some people with FND have a heightened awareness of their body and increased state of arousal and threat, which may hijack normal neural networks controlling voluntary movements," says neurologist David Perez from Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:32 am

Probably just the DTs. :tea:

Frank Zappa