The Coronavirus Thread

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:48 am

Just the facts, Cunt, just the facts:
Based on the retrospective analysis, starting from December 2019, the number of COVID-19 cases in Hubei (Wuhan) gradually increased, reaching 60 by 20 December and at least 266 by 31 December.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:57 am

So you are trying to say it came from a bat not native to the region, but from an area very close to a biolab that works with bat virus, and is resistant to transparency?

OK...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 am

A careful analysis of the genetic material of the virus shows no evidence of the characteristic features of deliberate human alteration.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 am

JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 am
A careful analysis of the genetic material of the virus shows no evidence of the characteristic features of deliberate human alteration.
A prominent biologist disagrees strongly with you. I will entertain both possibilities, but will also bear in mind who tries to represent the opinions of others fairly, and who calls them names.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:10 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:03 am
JimC wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 am
A prominent biologist disagrees strongly with you. I will entertain both possibilities, but will also bear in mind who tries to represent the opinions of others fairly, and who calls them names.
It's not me that your "prominent biologist" is disagreeing with, but the informed opinion of real virologists. I can fairly be called a biologist, who studied frogs, but when I want the facts on an issue beyond frogs, I look for the consensus opinion of the true experts in the field.
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:15 am

You are correct, he is more of a teacher/biologist/field researcher than lab virologist.

It's strange to me that you would resist listening in to a guy like that. I'm not going to try to make you, or try to change your mind. He might, as if you listened to him, you would likely understand the difference much better than me trying to ham-fistedly explain...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:17 am

What part of "the informed opinion of real virologists" don't you understand?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:22 am

Why would you think I don't understand?

Oh, right, you won't listen to Weinstein, and must be making assumptions about what he said.

No problem, follow the science, JimC.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 am

Cunt wrote:Why would you think I don't understand?
Because you keep peddling alternative "science".
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:51 am

...purveyed by pseudo-scientists on the fringes of the internet...
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:53 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:45 am
Cunt wrote:Why would you think I don't understand?
Because you keep peddling alternative "science".
Nope. I'm telling you what Weinstein said.

I'm not 'peddling' anything here, any more than you are. If either of us were peddling something, I would advise JimC to be overcautious about buying it, since we are, you and I, poor virologists.

Instead of embarrassing yourself by making claims about him that show only your ignorance, you might try checking him out. See if he really is spouting bullshit, or if that is just the way you treat any news you hear of from me.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:59 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-mahe ... conspiracy
Back in April, Bill Maher went on a hysterical rant against China over the novel coronavirus. The Real Time host insisted that COVID-19 be called “the Chinese virus” because it originated in China, citing the Spanish flu as precedent (which did not come from Spain, unbeknownst to Maher); railed against the “PC Police” for refusing to let him and others call it “the Chinese virus,” even though hate crimes against Asian-Americans had risen to 100 cases a day at the time; and compared China’s wet markets, where he said the virus originated, to nuclear bombs.

Well, on tonight’s edition of his HBO show, Maher welcomed a pair of podcast hosts, the husband-and-wife duo of Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying, to discuss the origins of COVID-19. Weinstein and Heying, for the uninitiated, are members of the so-called “intellectual dark web” who in 2017 both resigned from their posts as biology professors at Evergreen State College in protest of a minority-appreciation day, and have since whined about campus speech on a number of libertarian-leaning podcasts.

Maher proceeded to forward the conspiracy theory that COVID-19 was man-made and somehow escaped from a lab in Wuhan.

“We’ve heard a lot recently about the fact that maybe the virus did start in a lab,” offered Maher. “Let’s talk about that—the fact that there is this lab, I think it’s the only one in the world quite like it, in Wuhan, where it started. It would almost be a conspiracy theory to think it didn’t start in a lab, right? And that theory was demonized at first—Oh, come on, that’s conspiracy thinking, that started in a lab. But it’s certainly 50-50, would you say that?”

“Oh, it’s far more likely than that,” replied Weinstein, adding that “it looked to be about 90 percent” probability that it originated in a lab. “We are so politicized and polarized and partisan now as a country that if the wrong guy proposed this to begin with—and for the half the country, it was the wrong guy—then the rest of the country says ‘no way, no how, we’re gonna call that a conspiracy theory,” added Heying.

Let’s unpack this a bit. The “wrong guy” Heying is referring to is likely alt-right gadfly Steve Bannon, whose anti-China group the Rule of Law Society produced a report alleging that the virus was not produced in nature and had escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology. This dubious “report,” which was again spread by Steve Bannon (and retweeted by Trump, and parroted by Tucker Carlson), was immediately shot down by prominent members of the scientific community.
“These two features of the virus, the mutations … of the spike protein and its distinct backbone, rules out laboratory manipulation as a potential origin for SARS-CoV-2,” explained Kristian Andersen, an associate professor of immunology and microbiology at Scripps Research, who authored a paper debunking the Bannon theory in March. Andersen’s conclusion was backed by Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top infectious-disease expert, who said all available evidence pointed to COVID-19 not originating in a Wuhan lab but in bats. And this month, Dr. Angela Rasmussen, a top virologist, released an article concluding that: “There is genetic evidence that SARS-CoV-2 has natural origins. There is no evidence to support a lab leak.”
So, you can either trust a comedian and a pair of culture-war-obsessed podcast hosts—who were biology professors and are not epidemiologists or virologists—or you can trust the scientific community.
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:04 am

Cunt, bats fly.

JimC
The sentimental bloke

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:11 am

Cunt bats, fly!
And my gin!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:17 am

Moving on from bats:
As researchers involved in the latest Nature study suggest in a SARS-CoV-2 explainer , the distinct ecological differences between bats and humans means it is likely that the novel coronavirus needed to pass through another mammal in order to "amplify," or further mutate, so that it could be transmitted to humans.
"The virus was probably unable to infect humans directly through bats, so it had to go through an intermediate animal to further mutate in order to infect humans," Xiang told DW. In the case of previous coronaviruses transmitted to humans, SARS and MERS, civets and camels acted as these intermediate hosts.

https://m.dw.com/en/coronavirus-from-ba ... a-52291570