UK General Election, 12 Dec 2019

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Re: UK General Election, 12 Dec 2019

Post by PsychoSerenity » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:28 pm

The world moves on, Scott, with or without you.
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Greenpeace is moving on? You just dont understand do you? That is one corrupt organisation. A macho organisation where their women have to serve their men. Every Friday afternoon was choose your bitch day. Do I make myself clear?

Moving on. You are in the dark ages.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:07 pm

If they were once a sexist organisation, I doubt that they still are, in the modern climate of exposing male sleaze bags...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Well, I don't know what your friend told youu, but I do agree from what little I know about them, green piss are one of the mose worthless NGO around... plus, let's face it, the UK parties are not majorly ecology oriented, and ecological questions are not what's going to decide about that election. That debate 'idea", that's just :stir: for no good purpose at all.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:24 pm

dupe
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:56 pm

These elections must rank as one of the most bizarre ever. Corruption is total. There are hardly any parties worth speaking about. Both leaders of the major parties are the worst you could ever imagine. If you got a couple of pigs and put ribbons on their heads they would have done just as well. It is really a farce of the first order.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:36 am

I don't care. I don't have to have an opinion about them to sign their petition. :|
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 am

Brexit Party will not contest 317 Tory seats Farage tells Brexit volunteers

Only weeks after emphatically announcing that the Brexit party would be standing in every constituency in the UK due to the short-comings of "Boris' dodgy deal" which would fail to deliver a proper Brexit, Mr Nigel Farage, the wealthy financier and figure head of the Brexit Party, has announced that the party will not be fielding candidates to stand in the 317 Tory seats on December 12.

"The thing is," he told a packed hall of Brexit Party volunteers, "... this isn't an easy decision, but what we have to remember comrades [chuckles] is that the Brexit Party is Tory through and through, we were born of Conservativism and we shall die Conservatives - we are proud Conservatives! [cheers]

"As we go into these last vital weeks of the campaign our focus... our reason to exist as a party... is to split the Labour vote, dilute the Lib Dem turnout, and return the Conservative party to power where they belong... and so we can build a new, glorious Empire that will last for a thousand years!"

As the speech ended in rapturous applause and shouts of "God save the Queen!" and "Come on Nigel!" a phalanx of black-shirted middle-aged men in golfing sweaters lifted Mr Farage onto their shoulders and undertook an impromptu procession around the hall while Elgar's "Land Of Hope And Glory" was blasted through the public address system.

The enthusiastic crowd thronged around the ebullient Mr Farage, many hoping to touch his shoe for good luck, and he was reported to have been heard gleefully responding, "Thank you! Thank you! I'll send you a postcard from America!" which is believed to be a reference to rumours that Mr Farage may be appointed as the ambassador to the United States in the event of a Conservative majority at the election...

hhtps://telegraph.co.uk/2019/11/11/brexit-party-wil .... volunteers
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 am

As the speech ended in rapturous applause and shouts of "God save the Queen!" and "Come on Nigel!" a phalanx of black-shirted middle-aged men in golfing sweaters lifted Mr Farage onto their shoulders and undertook an procession around the hall while Elgar's "Land Of Hope And Glory" was blasted through the public address system.

Pythonesque.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 am

Once again Brexiteers know no bounds. Anything to win.

Police assessing claims that Tories offered peerages to Brexit party
Lord Falconer urges Met to look at allegations candidates were offered peerages to stand down

Scotland Yard is assessing two allegations of electoral fraud after claims the Tories offered peerages to senior Brexit party figures to persuade them to stand down in the general election.

The Labour peer Lord Falconer has written to the Metropolitan police commissioner and director of public prosecutions calling for an investigation into what he said were “exceptionally serious allegations”.

He said it should be investigated as a matter of urgency and must be looked at by police in order to maintain public confidence in the integrity of the election.

His letter to Cressida Dick and Max Hill QC refers to Nigel Farage’s claim that he and eight other senior figures within the Brexit party were offered peerages.
Corruption? Of course not.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:03 pm

A leopard never changes its spots:

Boris Johnson under fire for questionable claims in interviews
PM makes false statements about Brexit being ‘blocked’ and his record as London mayor

Boris Johnson is facing criticism over a series of inaccurate statements made in a flurry of live broadcast interviews during a difficult day of campaigning.

The prime minister was challenged on Friday on subjects as varied as crime, Brexit, the abandoned London garden bridge project and the number of children he has fathered.

Following a relatively low-key start to the Conservative general election campaign, which has mainly involved Johnson being shepherded around carefully stage-managed events, he endured a one-hour grilling from BBC Radio 5 Live listeners, among other engagements.

Johnson appeared uncomfortable on several occasions – not least when, during an interview on BBC One’s Breakfast programme, he was asked how families across the country could relate to him. He eventually answered: “I have not the faintest idea.”

Responding to a Radio 5 Live caller who asked about policies to tackle knife crime, Johnson said an increase in stop-and-search operations when he was London mayor between 2008 and 2016 had allowed 11,000 knives to be taken off the streets.

However, this was a total that included weapons seized through means other than stop and search.

Five questionable assertions

Claim: Johnson said that as London mayor he reduced the murder rate to below 100 “several years running”.

Fact: It was just one year: 2014.

Claim: It was “Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party” who were responsible for delaying Brexit beyond 31 October.

Fact: Johnson was obliged to seek a new date because of a law drawn up by backbenchers led by the Tory MP Oliver Letwin – although this was backed by Labour.

Claim: The massive losses from the doomed London garden bridge were not his fault.

Fact: As mayor of London, Johnson relentlessly pushed the project, despite repeated warnings about its viability. He has yet to fully explain his role in losses totalling more than £50m.

Claim: There will be no paperwork for Northern Irish firms exporting goods to the rest of the UK.

Fact: This is not what Johnson’s Brexit secretary, Stephen Barclay, has said.

Claim: Labour, if elected, would have two referendums in 2020 – on Brexit and Scottish independence.

Fact: Jeremy Corbyn has repeatedly ruled out a second Scottish independence vote in the first period of government.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:35 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:54 am
His letter to Cressida Dick and Max Hill QC refers to Nigel Farage’s claim that he and eight other senior figures within the Brexit party were offered peerages.
Corruption? Of course not.
Lord Frottage.

He could rub some of the peers up the wrong way.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:29 am

WTF. Why do Johnson's women all want to be pregnant by him?

Johnson-Arcuri investigation to review affair with another woman
Exclusive: PM’s relationship with Helen Macintyre will be examined by London assembly

An investigation into the prime minister’s relationship with the US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri will also review an affair that Boris Johnson failed to declare when he was mayor of London, the Guardian can reveal.

Johnson escaped censure in 2010 when he failed to declare an interest over an unpaid City Hall adviser, Helen Macintyre, who it later emerged had an extramarital affair with the then London mayor and gave birth to one of his children.

Johnson acknowledged to the Greater London Authority’s standards committee at the time that a potential conflict of interest had not been disclosed over Macintyre and vowed to “bear in mind the definition of close associate for the future”.

That pledge will be reviewed by the London assembly’s oversight committee as part of its investigation into Johnson and Arcuri, after she made fresh claims about Johnson’s concerns over a potential conflict about their relationship in a ITV documentary.
Golden balls?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:31 am

I wonder what Ms Macintyre saw in the millionaire Boris Johnson.

Frank Zappa