All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: All things Boris: has it really come to this?

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:16 pm

It wont come up. I have to prepare the supper anyway.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:58 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:16 pm
It wont come up.
There are pills for that, these days... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:47 pm

Dont work anymore. :hehe:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:26 am

Boris the abuser merely swapped the Telegraph for Downing Street
John Crace wrote:Why limit yourself to a few hundred thousand readers when you can insult an entire country’s intelligence?

The sense of ennui was almost tangible. Two men merely going through the formalities of prime minister’s questions with neither expecting their exchanges to serve much – if any – purpose.

All of which was pretty much as Boris Johnson had planned. Boris has never been one to offer a straight answer to a straight question so his long-term goal has always been to lower the Labour leader’s expectations to his own level.

And judging by Keir Starmer’s rather lacklustre performance, he’s just about achieved his aim. For this week, at least. Maybe Starmer will surprise us all next Wednesday by expressing himself through the medium of interpretative dance.

On Tuesday we were treated to the startling admission that Johnson had abandoned a career in journalism because he was fed up with abusing people.

So we got to see that Boris had merely swapped the pages of the Daily Telegraph for Downing Street. After all, why limit yourself to an audience of a few hundred thousand when you have the intelligence of the entire country at your disposal to insult?

For what better way to display your contempt for everyone than by rewriting PMQs as a pointless, unfunny farce.

Starmer’s sense of resignation was apparent from the off. Normally the Labour leader can rustle up some enthusiasm for at least his first two questions before the air of futility descends, but this time he appeared to have lost the will to live before he had even begun speaking.

He rushed his way through his first question about the Tory backbenchers criticising the government’s coronavirus roadmap safe in the knowledge that it would be ignored before moving on to financial support for those asked to self-isolate.

Johnson merely lied, claiming that everyone was eligible for £500. Everyone, that is, apart from those who aren’t eligible.
Never changes.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:28 am

Starmer is a wet wipe.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:36 am

Most Labour leaders are that is the party's biggest problem. They have to fight so much in the back rooms that they are not suitable for taking on the tories but of course the whole political system is biased against them. The two party system suits corruption and we all know which party does that better than anyone else.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:48 am

Typical Starmer:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:02 am

The Tories are undercutting Labour on every issue at the moment. I think the problem is that Starmer is focus-grouping Tory voters in order to figure out what appeals to them. At least you knew what Corbyn stood for even if you didn't like it.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:52 am

Cue shop steward reference.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:12 am

Johnson trying to set up charity that could fund Downing Street flat revamp
No 10 does not deny reports that scheme could cover costs of works by PM’s fiancee, Carrie Symonds

Downing Street is trying to set up a charity that could cover the costs of the refurbishment of Boris Johnson’s flat, which he shares with his fiancee, Carrie Symonds.

A No 10 spokesman would not deny reports in the Daily Mail that the prime minister is attempting to set up a charity where benefactors can contribute to the upkeep of Downing Street.

Symonds is understood to have undertaken a substantial redecoration of the flat above No 11 that she shares with Johnson and their baby son, Wilfred. Johnson is known to have joked with Conservative MPs about the cost of the refurbishment.

According to the Mail, the purpose of the charitable fund would be to maintain not just the No 11 flat, but also other parts of Downing Street, including the state rooms, and could therefore be presented as having a wider heritage purpose.
More Chumocracy. Who is giving out the contracts? Not the government.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:21 pm

...or Natasha...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:17 am

Another Chumocracy fantasy project but just 2,4 million this time.

Downing Street spent £2.6m refurbishing No 9 as media centre
Labour accuses Boris Johnson of spending on ‘vanity projects’ while pressing for 1% pay rise for NHS workers

Downing Street has spent more than £2.6m on renovations to hold White House-style press briefings – prompting a call for Boris Johnson to “hang his head in shame” given the 1% pay rise recommended for NHS staff.

The cost of the refurbishments for televised question and answer sessions with journalists at No 9 Downing Street will add to pressure facing the prime minister over the funding of a separate revamp to his official residence.

Labour questioned his priorities for shelling out millions on “vanity projects” while “picking the pockets” of NHS workers.

An extensive overhaul within No 9 Downing Street began last year as the government announced plans to hold televised briefings.

They will be fronted by Allegra Stratton, a former journalist who has also been head of strategic communications for the chancellor, Rishi Sunak, and was credited with carefully crafting his image. As a politically appointed adviser rather than impartial civil servant, she is expected to be able to take aim at opponents as well as defend the government’s actions.

The launch of the briefings has been delayed indefinitely by the coronavirus pandemic.
The trouble is Labour is also part of the Chumocracy.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:36 am

Will the renovation of downing street include a toilet bowl big enough to stuff boris in and flush him down?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:09 am

I do not think that's wise. I've seen enough films to know that chucking him in the sewer could cause him to mutate into something far more deadly.

Frank Zappa