pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Extinction Rebellion

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:13 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:45 pm
I'm actually pretty surprised that Scot resorted to the climate deniers memebank simply to troll the thread. But hey-ho...
It has nothing to do with climate deniers Brian but the injustices going on in the world that are being ignored by all those lovely people. You just dance to the fiddle of the 1% but you cant see it.
Who says they are ignoring it? It's possible to chew gum and walk too you know? In any case, global warming is a threat to the entire world, and disproportionately so regarding the poor.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:50 am

Did it again Brian; a big post that said nothing. There are major problems on this planet which should have priority. Environment and climate change is should not be number one. Child slavery, social injustice and human exploitation should far above it but that is not the agenda of the 1%. They are worried about their personal comfort.
Yeah the drummer of the 1% plays a big drum and you cant stop following him.
Simple home situation Brian; how many kids in the UK have to live in rented accommodation which is the term for B & B's. A family living in a one room slum receiving substandard education through no fault of their own.
1,300,000 children
That is just the start of the problem and the XR movement are worried about the reduction in fossil fuel. These people dont own cars. In fact they dont own anything except debts.

While Johnstone is entertained by his rich chums in the Caribbean this kids face another horrendous year in their little lives. That is what people should be demonstrating about.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:18 am

Here is a positive move to help the environment and one I said for years:

Finland is considering a four-day week. Is this the secret of happiness?
Reduced working hours, as suggested by the new Finnish PM, can boost productivity and cut carbon emissions. Here’s the evidence behind the idea

Finland’s new prime minister, 34-year-old Sanna Marin, has floated the idea of a four-day week. It sounds quite glorious, doesn’t it? However, critics of reduced working hours, such as the Tory MEP Daniel Hannan, think the idea is bonkers. He believes we could all work four-day weeks, but we just don’t want to.

Is he right? The evidence says not.

Reducing the length of the working week boosts productivity. When, in August, Microsoft Japan tested a four-day week, productivity work shot up by about 40%. One Melbourne organisation found a six-hour working day forced employees to eliminate unproductive activities such as sending pointless emails, sitting in lengthy meetings and cyberloafing (messing around on the internet). British businesses that have successfully switched to a four-day week include Elektra Lighting, Think Productive and Portcullis Legals.
The one thing in many countries that is forgotten about is happiness. A happy work force is a productive work force. Our standard work week is 36 hours. In many companies people can divide it up as they want. Some even go for three times twelve option.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:30 am

What's the matter with you, Jim and Brian? Challenging global warming is nothing. Any 16 year old could do that in their sleep. As long as Greta Thunberg does not simultaneously challenge child-labour, child sex trade and the myriad of problems that beset the third world, her efforts are absolutely worthless. She does no more than to dance to the fiddle of the 1%.

She is not the only one doing nothing but wasting her - and our -time, and there are even worse people than her. Right now there is an entire team doing nothing at all other than trying to save several dozen burnt koalas that have not died in the current bushfires! What the fuck? They too are entirely useless because they do nothing whatsoever about slave labour in other countries.

Your inability to comprehend the message Scott Douchy is trying to get across to you is that you are incapable of thinking in black and white. Take a leaf from him, you dilettantes, and put your backs into fighting the social, economic and political injustices perpetrated by the 1%ers, like he has done for many years already. It doesn't take a lot of effort at all, come to think of it. Just get onto forums and complain a lot. That's a sure winner, for nothing spreads happiness more than continuously caterwauling on any chosen topic in an obscure internet forum, and happiness solves all third world problems. You two - and Greta, obviously - could do a great deal worse than to follow Scott's shining example.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:31 am

edit: response to Dutchy..

Global warming is the biggest threat (besides nuclear winter, I guess) to ever face humanity. That you can't see that isn't really a surprise given your bizarre views on most subjects.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:46 am

A small simple fact:
Thailand is home to about 610,000 modern-day slaves – about one in 113 of its population of 69m – according to the Global Slavery Index by the rights group Walk Free Foundation.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:58 am

--chairs deserve better, Christ, what's he doing!?

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:05 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:58 am

--chairs deserve better, Christ, what's he doing!?
And his girth betrays utter contempt for the 610,000 Thai slaves. Ignore animal rights, the fate of burnt koalas and rising CO2 levels that gradually make the world uninhabitable to human beings. Save the slave labourers. That, and ending the sex trade are the only issues worth campaigning against!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:50 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:46 am
A small simple fact:
Thailand is home to about 610,000 modern-day slaves – about one in 113 of its population of 69m – according to the Global Slavery Index by the rights group Walk Free Foundation.
However appalling that might be, it is not an argument against those working to challenge global warming...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:52 am

Cant see the link?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:54 am

Explicate it...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:58 am

How will people change their habits when other problems dominate their lives.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:07 am

The poor of the third world are very minor contributors to global warming. The biggest contributors are us in the rich west. The poor don't need to change their habits. We do.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:07 am
The poor of the third world are very minor contributors to global warming. The biggest contributors are us in the rich west. The poor don't need to change their habits. We do.
Get this through your thick skull already, rEv: The campaign to slow down - perchance to reverse - global warming is not even aimed at abolishing slavery. It merely wants to enable the the survival of the human race. Greta Thunderbug (<--- spell-checker's suggestion) is the current figurehead of millions of misguided climate change activists. We must resist the Siren's seductive allure.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 am

She's a tool of the Kochs and Rothchilds. Pro sex slavery.