Notre Dame Cathedral Ablaze

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Notre Dame Cathedral Ablaze

Post by laklak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 am

Hermit wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Victor Hugo was obviously not a member of the Deep State.
That's what they want you to think.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:44 am

laklak wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:11 am
Hermit wrote:
Victor Hugo was obviously not a member of the Deep State.
That's what they want you to think.
what's the deep state already? remember, he was the son of a high ranking military officer, and one of the official poets of the Restoration/July Monarchy era, and he supported Bonaparte becoming president in 48... only after the '51 coup did he start hating napoleon the lesser.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:43 am

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm
except the spire was carpentered with pine wood... if the fire took there, it would have been very easy.
Using logic to demolish Galaxian's arguments, is about as effective as putting out the Notre Dame fire with buckets from a helicopter.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:45 am

Galaxian wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:09 pm
More & more indications that Notre Dame fire was deliberate:
:dance: :ab: :funny: :shiver: :ab: :thinks:
:whisper: You're taking the piss :whisper:
:levi: :Erasb: :levi: :Erasb: :levi: :Erasb:
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:48 am

rainbow wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:43 am
Svartalf wrote:
except the spire was carpentered with pine wood... if the fire took there, it would have been very easy.
Using logic to demolish Galaxian's arguments, is about as effective as putting out the Notre Dame fire with buckets from a helicopter.
That"s as may be, but I m not answering to absurd claims with even more absurdities... unless I've got some fun ideas, which I didn't at the time.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am

Hermit wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Galaxian wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mmfXjnK0TQ

:nono:
And the oak beams are nowhere near 800 years old. The last time they were replaced was in the 19th century. If it wasn't for Victor Hugo's novel, the church may have been demolished altogether instead. Victor Hugo was obviously not a member of the Deep State.
Nice try... but rather lame. Did you watch the videos of the actual fire? The fire was established below & several metres away from the spire. It also went many metres across the roof within minutes. Finally, the spire was mainly built of steel.

But you could educate the conservation architect of the Cathedral (in the above video). He obviously needs your skills.
Hermit also needs to educate the architect, since he knows that the roof was replaced in the 19th century, and must therefore have been highly flammable!

Hermit, come out of your cave & smell the coffee. Only some timbers were replaced from time to time as needed. And the condition of oak is determined by its "seasoning". Naturally seasoned timber reaches its ultimate condition of density & exhalation of terpenes within a few decades. In other words its flammability is the same at 100 years old as at 800 years old. But you must write about stuff you don't know anything about. The reason being that you, like Svartalf, cannot resist the impulses of cognitive dissonance.

THAT is why Galaxian asserts that there is NO hope for this species, NONE whatsoever. Just a few years left... :coffee:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:35 am

Revo asserts that Galaxian is crackers! :teef:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Galaxian wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am
Only some timbers were replaced from time to time as needed. And the condition of oak is determined by its "seasoning". Naturally seasoned timber reaches its ultimate condition of density & exhalation of terpenes within a few decades. In other words its flammability is the same at 100 years old as at 800 years old. But you must write about stuff you don't know anything about.
What do you know about terpenes, Galaxian?
How does the effect of modern timber sealants change the rate at which volatiles are released from wood under different temperature and humidity conditions?
How does this change the pyrolysis reaction?

Please present your thesis, we wouldn't like you to be writing about stuff you don't know anything about.
BArF−4

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:12 pm

He knows what the aliens have told him. Which is far above your clearance level.. :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:16 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:12 pm
He knows what the aliens have told him. Which is far above your clearance level.. :coffee:
The only wood he knows about is in his head, and even that is infested with termites. Maybe thermite?
BArF−4

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am

rainbow wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:38 pm
Galaxian wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:29 am
Only some timbers were replaced from time to time as needed. And the condition of oak is determined by its "seasoning". Naturally seasoned timber reaches its ultimate condition of density & exhalation of terpenes within a few decades. In other words its flammability is the same at 100 years old as at 800 years old. But you must write about stuff you don't know anything about.
What do you know about terpenes, Galaxian?
How does the effect of modern timber sealants change the rate at which volatiles are released from wood under different temperature and humidity conditions?
How does this change the pyrolysis reaction?
Please present your thesis, we wouldn't like you to be writing about stuff you don't know anything about.
Luckily for you, Galaxian knows a great deal about the topic of timber seasoning, since I work with structural timbers all the time.
Pyrolysis is the transformation of a material, such as timber, at high temperatures in an inert atmosphere (that is, one devoid of oxygen or chlorine). Thus it does not apply to 850 years of a hardwood roof.
Modern timber sealants were not used in the 13th or 19th centuries. So that question is irrelevant.
In Oak, terpenes are mostly in the sapwood. Assuming that as much of the timber was used as possible, due to cost or time constraints, the terpene containing wood would only be a few centimetres thick. thus the terpenes & other volatiles would have been exhaled or hardened within a couple of years at most.
Once the timber has been naturally air seasoned in the roof space, in the Parisian climate the change in moisture content would be stable regardless of the season or the weather. In case you can rouse yourself to some intellectual activity here's the relevant equilibrium equation:

An adequate equation can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_drying

Where, for Oak, a=0.0575 , b=0.00142 , n=1.52 , Mo = Initial moisture content ~100% , τ is the time constant , Me = Equilibrium moisture content ~20% @ 70% humidity , Psat(T) =Saturation vapor pressure 0.25 psi @59 Deg F, The timber dimension would typically be 30cm x 30cm x 10m giving about 40 for L.
When we do the calculations we get: Only a year or so under a roof with some eaves ventilation.
So Galaxian was too conservative & wrong in OVERestimating the length of time to reach air-seasoned equilibrium. It is not a few decades, but only a year or two. :prof:
Attachments
Oak Seasoning.png
Oak Seasoning.png (4.03 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian

Galaxian

Post by Galaxian » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:07 am

Galaxian wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mmfXjnK0TQ
Even more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sK7n9mXP7A
And yet more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VliiyII6FBs

Michelle Obama's necklace, as she's celebrating the Notre Dame destruction , drinking wine on the river Seine:
Says "Burning" ?

Of course all the above will be gone soon, and only the official narrative will remain. Then, a few years later, the Z+++ generation will not even be aware that there ever was a Notre Dame, or that it was on fire (by ''accident' of course). And if some alien like Galaxian mentions it, they'll bleet, "Where's your source for that, eh?"

But none of that matters when we realize that we only have till about 2035 before AI exterminates humans. The good news is that a superior species would have taken over. Superior physically, intellectually, & culturally... :drunk:

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:01 am

Galaxian wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am

Luckily for you, Galaxian knows a great deal about the topic of timber seasoning, since I work with structural timbers all the time.
Pyrolysis is the transformation of a material, such as timber, at high temperatures in an inert atmosphere (that is, one devoid of oxygen or chlorine). Thus it does not apply to 850 years of a hardwood roof.
Your Wiki-search failed you else you'd've picked this up:
Combustion is often a complicated sequence of elementary radical reactions. Solid fuels, such as wood and coal, first undergo endothermic pyrolysis to produce gaseous fuels whose combustion then supplies the heat required to produce more of them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combustion

That is how fires work.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:08 am

Galaxian wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 am
So Galaxian was too conservative & wrong in OVERestimating the length of time to reach air-seasoned equilibrium. It is not a few decades, but only a year or two. :prof:
Yes you were wrong. So wood, when it is dried becomes MORE combustible.
:thinks: What point were you trying to make?
BArF−4

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 am

Daily Mail where the photos of Michelle Obama are taken from:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -fire.html

1. The necklace says "becoming" which is the title of her autobiography. The cruise was an event to promote the book.
2. The photos of her smiling are taken before the people were aware of the fire. "The mood of those on board visibly changed when another passenger was spotted showing them something on his phone"