New Zealand Terrorist Attack

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: New Zealand Terrorist Attack

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Some cunt in work (a massive Trump supporter) sent me a What's App of the stream from the shooting to my work phone.

Should I report him?
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Report the fucker and get him sacked. Cunt.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm
Some cunt in work (a massive Trump supporter) sent me a What's App of the stream from the shooting to my work phone.

Should I report him?
I certainly think you should flag your concerns with your line-manager, asking them if they'd find a written statement helpful.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Clinton Huxley wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 am
Terrible shame. If the Imam had had a gun, this would never have happened.
Wasn't his stated goal to cause division?

I hope only good comes out of this tragedy.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 pm

I would not be at all surprised if this event triggers lone-wolf muslim attacks in western countries...

As for the Australian politician, Fraser Anning, he is an utter cunt - always has been, always will be...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Reported by Kotaku, Valve has cracked down on over 100 Steam profiles that have been memorializing the suspected shooter following the attack. These tributes often incorporated his alleged name into their profiles, and uploaded user images of the suspected shooter as well as screenshots from a Facebook livestream of the shooting. Other tributes referred to the suspected shooter as a saint or hero, or used derogatory language in reference to his victims.

As of writing, there are still profiles up and running with such tributes, but Valve appears to be quick in taking them down. IGN has reached out to Valve for comment.
https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/03/1 ... 5a0b0007e6
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:16 pm

I said to Bron this morning that I'm sure there will be celebratory posts in some of the right-wing media sites.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:21 pm

JimC wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:48 pm
I would not be at all surprised if this event triggers lone-wolf muslim attacks in western countries...

As for the Australian politician, Fraser Anning, he is an utter cunt - always has been, always will be...
I don't know anything about it yet, except that, since it is horrible, it will be used by people to promote their political causes.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:48 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm
Reported by Kotaku, Valve has cracked down on over 100 Steam profiles that have been memorializing the suspected shooter following the attack. These tributes often incorporated his alleged name into their profiles, and uploaded user images of the suspected shooter as well as screenshots from a Facebook livestream of the shooting. Other tributes referred to the suspected shooter as a saint or hero, or used derogatory language in reference to his victims.

As of writing, there are still profiles up and running with such tributes, but Valve appears to be quick in taking them down. IGN has reached out to Valve for comment.
https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/03/1 ... 5a0b0007e6
God there are some cunts out there.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:53 am

I'd like to say I'm disappointed but I'm actually not, I pretty much expect this sort of shit-flinging. Ground apes. What you gonna do?
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 am

Just so happens that The Atlantic has an in-depth examination of some of the history behind the American nurturing of xenophobia and its influence as a recurring theme in contemporary life.

The 'invasion' of the US by asylum seekers is declared a national emergency. Murderous white supremacist idolizes Blackshirt Mosley, who ranted on essentially the same theme. Vapid concern trolling aside, suppressing the rise of racist fascism is a worthy political cause.

'White Nationalism’s Deep American Roots'
Americans want to believe that the surge in white-supremacist violence and recruitment—the march in Charlottesville, Virginia, where neo-Nazis chanted “Jews will not replace us”; the hate crimes whose perpetrators invoke the president’s name as a battle cry—has no roots in U.S. soil, that it is racist zealotry with a foreign pedigree and marginal allure.

Warnings from conservative pundits on Fox News about the existential threat facing a country overrun by immigrants meet with a similar response. “Massive demographic changes,” Laura Ingraham has proclaimed, mean that “the America we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” in much of the country: Surely this kind of rhetoric reflects mere ignorance. Or it’s just a symptom of partisan anxiety about what those changes may portend for Republicans’ electoral prospects. As for the views and utterances of someone like Congressman Steve King (“We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies”), such sentiments are treated as outlandish extremism, best ignored as much as possible.

The concept of “white genocide”—extinction under an onslaught of genetically or culturally inferior nonwhite interlopers—may indeed seem like a fringe conspiracy theory with an alien lineage, the province of neo-Nazis and their fellow travelers. In popular memory, it’s a vestige of a racist ideology that the Greatest Generation did its best to scour from the Earth. History, though, tells a different story. King’s recent question, posed in a New York Times interview, may be appalling: “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization—how did that language become offensive?” But it is apt. “That language” has an American past in need of excavation. Without such an effort, we may fail to appreciate the tenacity of the dogma it expresses, and the difficulty of eradicating it. The president’s rhetoric about “shithole countries” and “invasion” by immigrants invites dismissal as crude talk, but behind it lie ideas whose power should not be underestimated.

The seed of Nazism’s ultimate objective—the preservation of a pure white race, uncontaminated by foreign blood—was in fact sown with striking success in the United States. What is judged extremist today was once the consensus of a powerful cadre of the American elite, well-connected men who eagerly seized on a false doctrine of “race suicide” during the immigration scare of the early 20th century. They included wealthy patricians, intellectuals, lawmakers, even several presidents. Perhaps the most important among them was a blue blood with a very impressive mustache, Madison Grant. He was the author of a 1916 book called The Passing of the Great Race, which spread the doctrine of race purity all over the globe.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am

Interesting how Erdogan uses this to rally support for himself and to strengthen the position of religious over secular ideas in Turkey.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 am

NineBerry wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am
Interesting how Erdogan uses this to rally support for himself and to strengthen the position of religious over secular ideas in Turkey.
From Brenton Tarrant's 74 page Manifesto:
To Turks. You can live in peace in your own lands, and may no harm come to you. On the east side of the Bosphorus. But if you attempt to live in European lands, anywhere west of the Bosphorus. We will kill you and drive you roaches from our lands. We are coming for Constantinople and we will destroy every mosque and minaret in the city. The Hagia Sophia will be free of minarets and Constantinople will be rightfully christian owned once more. FLEE TO YOUR OWN LANDS, WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE.
Considering that Istanbul lies 240 kilometres east of Turkey's western border, Tarrant's diatribe is a made to order present two weeks prior to the next Turkish election. Politicians thrive on real or imagined threats to whatever nation they inhabit. Erdogan is no exception.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:49 am

The desired outcome for pretty much all terrorism - create mistrust and spew division.

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 am

He has some funny double standards. He says Australia (first European settlers arrive 250 years ago) is now basically a part of Europe. But Istanbule (conquered by the Turks 600 years ago) still belongs to "Christians".🙄