Tame Wolf

Re: Meanwhile, Texas

Post by NineBerry » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:25 am

FAuDhnHWUAkCH2p.jpg

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:22 am

I don't get it, women in TX have every right to reproduce, even from rape and incest, don't they?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:05 pm

That's not what reproductive rights means.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:01 pm

:razzle:
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:25 pm

Like the old Dutch saying: "De vrouw heeft een recht; de aanrecht". (The wife has one right; the sink) There is no direct translation in English. The sink in Dutch is called "de aanrecht" which allows the play on words.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:20 pm

Arlington school shooting suspect released on bond
--shot 4 kids and a teacher

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 pm

Well, I guess he didn't do anything too serious, like driving a woman to an abortion clinic... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:57 pm

--correction, 2 students and 2 teachers. A 15 year old is in critical condition.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:13 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:21 pm
Well, I guess he didn't do anything too serious, like driving a woman to an abortion clinic... :tea:
:sigh:

It's more likely because he was defending himself, and since we've made shooting people a legit response in so many cases this is just one more to hash out...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:30 pm

Well, you know, that David Irving fellow makes a lot of very interesting points. It's really all about free speech. Oh by the way, that anti-racism book? Get rid of it right now.

'Texas Schools Official Tells Teachers They Must Offer "Other Perspectives" When Teaching the Holocaust'
A Southlake, Texas school official is under fire after telling teachers if they have a book in the classroom about the Holocaust they must also teach “other perspectives.”

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Gina Peddy, the executive director of curriculum and instruction for the Carroll Independent School District, said in a training session Friday, as the recording (below) from NBC News shows.

“And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust, that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives,” she told teachers in a training session on the new law.

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher asked.

“Believe me,” Peddy said. “That’s come up.”

At issue is a new Texas state ordinance drafted and rushed into law after parents complained about books teaching about racism.

“The training came four days after the Carroll school board, responding to a parent’s complaint, voted to reprimand a fourth grade teacher who had kept an anti-racism book in her classroom,” NBC News reports.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:48 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:30 pm
Well, you know, that David Irving fellow makes a lot of very interesting points. It's really all about free speech. Oh by the way, that anti-racism book? Get rid of it right now.

'Texas Schools Official Tells Teachers They Must Offer "Other Perspectives" When Teaching the Holocaust'
A Southlake, Texas school official is under fire after telling teachers if they have a book in the classroom about the Holocaust they must also teach “other perspectives.”

“Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979,” Gina Peddy, the executive director of curriculum and instruction for the Carroll Independent School District, said in a training session Friday, as the recording (below) from NBC News shows.

“And make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust, that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives,” she told teachers in a training session on the new law.

“How do you oppose the Holocaust?” one teacher asked.

“Believe me,” Peddy said. “That’s come up.”

At issue is a new Texas state ordinance drafted and rushed into law after parents complained about books teaching about racism.

“The training came four days after the Carroll school board, responding to a parent’s complaint, voted to reprimand a fourth grade teacher who had kept an anti-racism book in her classroom,” NBC News reports.
Gina Peddy also ought to tell geography teachers to present the flat earth perspective, to be fair.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:42 am

I don't believe her that it's come up. :lol: --total brain fart

--//--

We have a holocaust museum in Houston that happily sends a representative to give presentations when requested. You can also take your class for tours.

My only complaint is the absence of equivalent educational outreach about others, like Native Americans.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:26 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:42 am
I don't believe her that it's come up. :lol: --total brain fart
Yeah, 'believe me' is often a tell--'I'm pulling this out of my arse.'

The attention she drew prompted the district to issue a 'well, actually.'
As the Superintendent of Schools, I express my sincere apology regarding the online article and news story released today. During the conversations with teachers during last week’s meeting, the comments made were in no way to convey that the Holocaust was anything less than a terrible event in history. Additionally, we recognize there are not two sides of the Holocaust. As we continue to work through implementation of HB3979, we also understand this bill does not require an opposing viewpoint on historical facts. As a district we will work to add clarity to our expectations for teachers and once again apologize for any hurt or confusion this has caused.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 am

Newsmax has the 'other perspectives on the Holocaust' thing all figured out. It's a 'false flag operation' and really the fault of 'angry CRT activists.' Archived version of their drivel.