Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post Reply
User avatar
rainbow
Posts: 8994
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:10 am
About me: Pre-Modernist
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by rainbow » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 am
There is no defense of Nazis there. The ad - that video itself says - was not allowed on the air because of its Nazi imagery from 1939 - because the network said the imagery was bad, not good.
... "bad" because it embarrasses the Right Wing Extremists?
Fala cara de cú!

User avatar
tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
Posts: 21410
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:59 pm
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.
Location: Marmite-upon-Toast, Wankershire
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by tattuchu » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm

It no fair when the bullies get bullied! Bullying is wrong :cry:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 33972
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:01 pm

all is fair in love and war, and politics are not a matter of love...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 38114
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Animavore » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Image
"[Donald Trump] a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
- New Zealand mosque shooter.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:29 pm

I've never said the American far right is not fucking crazy. The moderate right, though, doesn't defend their actions, and doesn't afford them cover by inventing some moral justification to physically attack their opposition. The moderate left DOES give the extreme left cover, and they engage in Apologetics for asshat groups like ANTIFA nutjobs and they cheer over left wing shootings (a la Steve Scalise). When a right wing wacko goes off on a violence spree, nobody defends him.

That's why you don't have a "punch a commie" crowd, and you don't have "thoughtful" pieces in the Washington Post wondering seriously if, indeed, it is "ok" to punch someone out who you think is a Nazi, nationalist or "alt right." Everyone knows it's wrong to violently attack Communists, except where it is lawful to be violent towards anyone (such as in self-defense, and the like). Many of you think it's just fine to beat the hell out of MAGA hat wearers, cuz you just KNOW they're Nazis, or equivalent.

It's kind of like how the moderate Muslims give the extremist Islamists cover. That's what the moderate left does. They say, oh, well, the far left extremists can be forgiven for their violence, because they're fighting for the right team, against the oppressors.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:31 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:58 am
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:33 am
There is no defense of Nazis there. The ad - that video itself says - was not allowed on the air because of its Nazi imagery from 1939 - because the network said the imagery was bad, not good.
... "bad" because it embarrasses the Right Wing Extremists?
No, bad because it was racist and Nazi imagery. At least that's what they said. There is nothing in that video which indicates that the video was not aired to protect right wing extremists from embarrassment.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4197
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Seabass » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Jesus, you're so full of shit, I don't even... :?
"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad." —Thomas Frank

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 38114
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Animavore » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:45 pm

I just realised I posted the above pic in the wrong thread. Lol.
"[Donald Trump] a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
- New Zealand mosque shooter.

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 27170
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:52 pm

That's OK, everything is Trump now. Even the FAA is Trump run. Trump did not want to crash planes so he FINALLY caved in. He is lacking officials.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:44 pm
Jesus, you're so full of shit, I don't even... :?
pathetic.jpg
You are a pathetic loser
pathetic.jpg (11.87 KiB) Viewed 489 times
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 11390
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Moscow found you new pics?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 61026
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 am

Seabass, this post: http://www.rationalia.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1820171
constitutes a personal attack on another member. This is a reminder to refrain from such attacks in future.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 11390
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:25 am

Prickly trolls. :lol:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 38114
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am

This is the nature of the right apeing Trump. Abuse, belittle, and offend then act indignant and self-righteous when someone sticks it to them and demand accountability.
"[Donald Trump] a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
- New Zealand mosque shooter.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:35 pm
Moscow found you new pics?
Image
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests