Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post Reply
User avatar
Joe
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 am
Location: The Hovel under the Mountain
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:04 pm
Joe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 pm
That's one possibility, but you overlooked a simpler one.

There's just one Goodloe story, whereas Breitbart listed 639 stories of people behaving badly to Trump supporters. After a while, it's not news anymore.

You notice this explanation doesn't rely on speculative assertions about people's motives, just numbers and a principle of reporting I learned as a carrier.
:thinks:
So, your theory is that violence against Trump supporters is so common as to have become something of a banality. And, racial violence in the US receives such intense coverage across the panoply of major media precisely because it's so rare it's surprising?
No, the facts aren't sufficient to support such a broad conclusion, only a narrow one about reporting by the national media in the case of the 640 news stories we're discussing. After all, this violence can't really be that banal, if it's being reported locally.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"as far as strong, i am hard as a rock and tough as a nail. no one will bring me down. no one. i am the debonator. the tnt. and jesus has my back door pal!" - D. C. Bockemehl
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 33972
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm

trump supporters deserve all the shit that can be piled upon them, they voted for the shittiest unimaginable canidate for POTUS, and even managed to get him elected, there's no forgiveness for that level of shittiness....
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Scot Dutchy
Posts: 11390
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm
About me: Dijk beschermer
Location: 's-Gravenhage, Nederland
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Entirely agree Svarty and from as great a height as possible.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 33972
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 pm

well, the height between the arse and the bottom of the Porcelain Bowl seldom exceeds 50 cm
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4197
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Seabass » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

I don't think your average Trump supporter will fit in a toilet bowl. I guess you could shit off the top of a building onto Trump supporters on the ground below. I wonder if a turd dropped from a skyscraper could kill someone... :ask:
"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad." —Thomas Frank

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump

User avatar
Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper
Posts: 33972
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:42 pm
Location: Paris France
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:52 pm

depends on the density, dryness and hardness of the turd, I guess...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

User avatar
L'Emmerdeur
Posts: 2230
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:04 pm
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 am

'A good list' eh? The first link is to a story about a bomb threat called in to a business. The business is approximately half a mile from the facility at which a Trump event was scheduled on the same day. The event was scheduled for 3 PM, the threat was called in at 8 AM. Other than the fact that the threat occurred on the same day and in the same general area, no link is established between the threat and the event. If it had been directed against Trump or Trump supporters, one would think making a threat against the event or the facility itself would have been more effective. Breitbart apparently believes that their readers will accept a giant pile of bullshit, and given the fact that it's been dutifully carried here and dumped, they're correct.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm
trump supporters deserve all the shit that can be piled upon them, they voted for the shittiest unimaginable canidate for POTUS, and even managed to get him elected, there's no forgiveness for that level of shittiness....
This is the view of the political left these days. Nicely summarized. It's exactly the justification for all manner of violent reprisals. Attacks, assaults, arson, even murder is seen as justified, because the opposition "deserve" all the shit. They deserve it. They deserve to be driven out of restaurants. Beaten under the rubric that they are "Nazis." Punched in the face on campus. Denied the right to speak publicly. Suspended from high school for wearing a hat. Defamed in public because their "smirks" show everything we need to know about them. Adults can call for violence against a 15 year old boy who stood their and did nothing in the face of harassment because "those little shits deserve it" -- publish their names, out them - beat them - don't let them have a moment's peace.

Why shouldn't we assault and batter them? After all, "this is America in 2019" - "they" are running the streets with nooses and bleach, looking for gay black men to lynch. We know they are. We just KNOW it.

But, welcome.... to the Revolution.... of Love....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 27170
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm

http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Yes, he is. But, that just goes to show how big the assholes are that comprise the "resistance."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 27170
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm

8D07CA66-6FE1-41A1-B3BC-D73D3F257574.jpeg
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Looks like some guy about to shout "Trump is Not My President."

Oh, I'm sorry, "she" is about to shout "Trump is Not My President."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Tero
Just saying
Posts: 27170
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
About me: Something something birds
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

She’s a fighter. No dental care, Medicaid to treat her lung cancer. But she is going to be in that trailer till she dies, trading her food stamps for cash and buying Bud Light.

Because Trump cosigned her mortgage! She will vote for him 2020.
http://karireport.blogspot.com/ (:_funny_:)
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Dominus vo-bisque'em Et cum spear a tu-tu, oh!

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4197
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm
trump supporters deserve all the shit that can be piled upon them, they voted for the shittiest unimaginable canidate for POTUS, and even managed to get him elected, there's no forgiveness for that level of shittiness....
This is the view of the political left these days. Nicely summarized. It's exactly the justification for all manner of violent reprisals. Attacks, assaults, arson, even murder is seen as justified, because the opposition "deserve" all the shit. They deserve it. They deserve to be driven out of restaurants. Beaten under the rubric that they are "Nazis." Punched in the face on campus. Denied the right to speak publicly. Suspended from high school for wearing a hat. Defamed in public because their "smirks" show everything we need to know about them. Adults can call for violence against a 15 year old boy who stood their and did nothing in the face of harassment because "those little shits deserve it" -- publish their names, out them - beat them - don't let them have a moment's peace.

Why shouldn't we assault and batter them? After all, "this is America in 2019" - "they" are running the streets with nooses and bleach, looking for gay black men to lynch. We know they are. We just KNOW it.

But, welcome.... to the Revolution.... of Love....
:funny:

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Your faction (the political right) is out sending pipe bombs through the mail and shooting up black churches and synagogues and you're upset over Nazis getting punched. What a joke.
"The demagogue is one who preaches doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots." ―H.L. Mencken

"Bad government is the natural product of rule by those who believe government is bad." —Thomas Frank

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind." —Einstein
"I’m a nationalist." —Trump

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14978
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm

No, I'm not upset about Nazis getting punched. I'm upset about innocent non-Nazis being attacked and assaulted because some dickweed thinks he gets to determine who is a legitimate target for political violence by the arbitrary, ridiculous, "Progressive" idea of who constitutes a "Nazi" (i.e. any person with a political persuasion to the right of the Che Guevara t-shirt wearing love child of Mao and Marx).

And I do oppose the sending of pipe bombs by anyone.

The problem with fucking idiot, douchebag leftists is that they think some people are actually proper targets of such attacks. That's a huge difference. You don't find mainstream people defending "punch a Commie" or saying that harassing 15 year old kids who wear red hats is a great thing, or chasing Congresspeople out of hamburger restaurants is valid - coming from the left, you get celebrities and even Congresspeople who say that such behavior is appropriate.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests