Russian Collusion with the Democrats

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Russian Collusion with the Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:42 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am
So you're withholding judgement at this time - you have no opinion on the matter?
No, I've been answering your question. Some I've suggested I think are true. Like I also think that Simpson is probably telling the truth when he swore he had dinner with the evil Russian lawyer who came to meet with Trump Jr and hand over dirt on Cllinton which she never actually had or handed over.... I think that's probably true. Don't you?

As for the notion that Hillary Clinton "colluded" with the Russians, well, I have to withold judgment at this time, because the article doesn't really provide evidence of that, and "collusion" is a stupid term that is designed to create news articles, while not actually alleging that anyone did anything wrong. So, did she "collude" with Russians - sure - in the state department she met with Russians and they colluded on international relations - but, that's what every government does. Nothing inherently wrong with that.

Did she knowingly help slide through the Uranium One deal - I certainly need more information on that.

But, on specific allegations in the article, a lot of it is backed up by evidence referred to in the article.

Understand?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 am

I guess you're only interested in other people's views on this. I'd say what I've said in the other Russian thread - I think US politics has been played, and to some extent pwnd by the Kremlin, and more or less knowingly and willingly in some cases.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:53 am

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:32 am

Campbell also obtained written evidence that Putin wanted to buy Uranium One as part of a strategy to obtain monopolistic domination of the global uranium markets, including leverage over the U.S.
Drivel. Uranium One is a minor player in world uranium production. For the last few years, uranium mines have been shutting down due to oversupply and crashing prices.

Uranium is a relatively common element in the Earth's Crust, and it would be impossible to control the supply. The US doesn't need to produce uranium as it is cheaper to buy elsewhere, and they have huge stockpiles.

I guess you didn't know this?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:41 pm

All fake news 42. Clinton picked up the same 500 000 at every stop in Eurasia.

And in any case, irrelevant. Hillary or Bill can’t be impeached. Trump the businessman will pay huge sum to NY for laundering, racketeering, hiding and faking payments that were in fact inheritance. Trump the president is going up for election fraud. Conspiracy. Collusion is just a fake news word.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 am
Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:26 am
Forty Two wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:32 pm
Well if we didn't bother to analyze the arguments of those engaging in biased reporting and manufacturing faux scandals, we'd have nobody to read.
In order to get the full, unvarnished truth behind the story I'll wait for what Ann Coulter and Alex Jones have to say before I form my opinion about it.
Well, if biased sources, and biased writers were your issue, you'd have mentioned this on the other threads dealing with Russian collusion allegations.
Nice to see that bias is not an issue for you.

As for me, I can find only two posts in which I have explicitly commented on Trump's alleged involvement in collusion with Russia.
Hermit wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 am
I think, along with millions of others, that Trump has colluded with the Russians, but at this point my opinion lives in the land of speculation.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 pm
...at this stage there is no evidence that Trump was personally involved or aware of that collusion. Until some tapes or other records turn up he is in the same position as Nixon before he was forced to hand over his recordings, and until then we can but speculate.
You may safely conclude from my comments that I regard any and all assertions to the effect that Trump's direct and personal involvement in collusion with Russia is a fact is borne of bias.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Never fear, hermit! We will find the smoking phallic object before Nov 2020 election!

As for the Clintons, years of scrutiny from Whitewater on have proven no crimes. Even though Bill date raped the social worker.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:51 am
Woodbutcher wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:45 am
My father was born in a village that is now part of Russia...
Your father's from Washington DC?
No, he was born before Russia's US Purchase was ratified. The US got Trump Tower Moskva, and the Russians got Alaska and Washington, DC.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Forty Two wrote:

I think this is probably true: "As secretary of State, Hillary Clinton worked with Russian leaders, including Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and then-President Dmitri Medvedev, to create U.S. technology partnerships with Moscow’s version of Silicon Valley, a sprawling high-tech campus known as Skolkovo." And, from the Trump allegations, if someone tries to build a building in Moscow, that's an indication of collusion with the Russian government, because nothing gets built without Putin's say-so.
There is a very significant difference. Hillary was not the owner of high-tech businesses wanting Russian partnerships. If Trump wants a hotel built in Moscow, he has a clear and direct pecuniary interest.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
So you're withholding judgement at this time - you have no opinion on the matter?
Scared to forward your own opinion on this, eh Brian Peacock. I'll post here so you can focus on me again.

So Bill raped, as someone tried to gloss over upthread (by calling it 'date rape')

The democrats supported him so firmly, that they supported his wife, and supporting partner, for the highest office in the land.

Then they went batshit crazy about alleged teen drunken groping from decades ago.

It's the dems virtue signaling that will be the end of them.

They just virtue signalled for YEARS that doing sketchy stuff with the Russians is evil and suspicious.

Now we all know how evil they think it is, and we will see how much of that evil they did.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Tero wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 am
Hillary was a wall Street puppet. They shoveled money at her. She did not need Russian money. The Foundation is legit.
21st century statescraft yo!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:16 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:59 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Scared to forward your own opinion on this, eh Brian Peacock. I'll post here so you can focus on me again.
I posted my opinion. You missed it.
Cunt wrote:
So Bill raped, as someone tried to gloss over upthread (by calling it 'date rape')
Your whataboutism-fu is weak.
Cunt wrote:
The democrats supported him so firmly, that they supported his wife, and supporting partner, for the highest office in the land.
Correlation is not causation, nor is declaring the opposite an argument, it's a fallacy. A fallacy is an error in reasoning.
Cunt wrote:
Then they went batshit crazy about alleged teen drunken groping from decades ago.

It's the dems virtue signaling that will be the end of them.

They just virtue signalled for YEARS that doing sketchy stuff with the Russians is evil and suspicious.
It's virtue signalling to criticise people for virtue signalling. This is another form of fallacy, the tu quoque, or appeal to hypocrisy.

Cunt wrote:

Now we all know how evil they think it is, and we will see how much of that evil they did.
You have arrived at you conclusion without demonstrating how you got there and now are merely waiting for it to be confirmed. You have put the cart before the horse. If your conclusion isn't confirmed no doubt you will turn to berating others for being closed minded, for not accepting the facts, and for being biased against your conclusion - which, don't forget, will still be unconfirmed.

There is no obligation on people to accept your premises nor argue on the terms or according to the conditions you set unless you can make a stab at a reasonable justification for them. While your arguments remain flawed in these ways there is (quite literally) no point to be made, and certainly nothing to be gained, in even pretending to take your declarations and insistences seriously.

Your turn.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:21 am

Cunt wrote:

What "sketchy stuff" are you talking about?

:(
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:08 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:16 am
There is no obligation on people to accept your premises nor argue on the terms or according to the conditions you set unless you can make a stab at a reasonable justification for them. While your arguments remain flawed in these ways there is (quite literally) no point to be made, and certainly nothing to be gained, in even pretending to take your declarations and insistences seriously.

Your turn.
Let me tighten this up.

Dems keep loudly screaming about what is shitty behaviour.

Next, Dems demonstrate that behaviour.

It helps with the 2020 election.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 am

rainbow wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:21 am
Cunt wrote:

What "sketchy stuff" are you talking about?

:(
For the last couple years, they have been pushing this 'Russian Collusion' idea, as something sketchy. There were no facts, just the phrase 'Russian Collusion' repeated.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am

Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Nice to see that bias is not an issue for you.
Bias is an issue. It's an issue to be discussed in connection with forum threads. If someone posts a post from the Daily Kos, HuffPo, Vox, CNN, MSNBC, or whatever, it doesn't mean those sources don't have something good to say and discuss. They can have good points, despite their general bias.
Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:19 pm
Hermit wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 am
I think, along with millions of others, that Trump has colluded with the Russians, but at this point my opinion lives in the land of speculation.
Hermit wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:42 pm
...at this stage there is no evidence that Trump was personally involved or aware of that collusion. Until some tapes or other records turn up he is in the same position as Nixon before he was forced to hand over his recordings, and until then we can but speculate.
You may safely conclude from my comments that I regard any and all assertions to the effect that Trump's direct and personal involvement in collusion with Russia is a fact is borne of bias.
Of course. That didn't require any proof, because nobody has provided any evidence of improper collusion with the Russians, by Trump or anyone on his campaign, so anyone who says that they "believe" Trump colluded with the Russians must be doing so from a non-evidentiary basis.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar