Australian Election 2019

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Australian Election 2019

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:16 am

In a display of the tenuous grasp on power the current government has, they lost a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives today for the first time in 90 years. Unfortunately it wasn't a vote of No Confidence, but it was a significant alteration to our torture policy for refugees on random Pacific islands. Detainees might get the chance to see a doctor before they kill themselves.

Regarding the election, pundits put it May this year. Two party preferred polls point to a crushing defeat for the current conservative government. Let's hope that comes to pass.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Australian Election 2019

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:57 am

Particularly hoping that Tony Abbott gets beaten by a female independent...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 am

Yep, that too.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 am

and the odds of a female independent arriving anywhere near being elected are?

because , much as abbott is hateful, he still has a mean electoral machine behind him
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost. Everyone is sick of him, including his own party.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:06 am

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 am

because , much as abbott is hateful, he still has a mean electoral machine behind him
A female independent won a by election recently against a Liberal candidate in the seat vacated by the ex-PM who was dumped by his party, following the machinations of arch conservative Tony Abbott. His ultra-conservative christian policies (he voted against same sex marriage) are on the nose with his electorate, who are conservative on economic issues, but socially liberal. His opponent actually has a good chance, IMO...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:32 am

Svartalf wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 am

Kerryn Phelps did exactly that when she won our previous Prime Minister's seat last October. Not only is she a woman, but she also lives with the woman she loves, Jackie Stricker. They were legally married in 1998 in New York and have an adopted daughter.

Zali Steggall is not guaranteed to win Abbott's seat, but her odds of doing just that are pretty good for two reasons: 1) ScoMo's government is even more on the nose than Turnbull's. 2) Abbott is on the nose even within his own party.

Abbott's electoral machine has been emasculated when most of the so called Liberal Party abandoned him in favour of Scott Morrison. The mad monk has been a has-been ever since the party sacked him on the grounds of being an unacceptably high electoral liability.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould