All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Trump. Is it over yet?

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Wrong that people are failing to bring Trump down.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Jesus

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:51 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:56 am
It is to be expected that Trumpists will wheel out the 'Cohen's a liar!' response to this one, but it seems that there is evidence supporting Cohen's accusation.

'President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project'
President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

Cohen pleaded guilty in November to lying about the deal in testimony and in a two-page statement to the Senate and House intelligence committees. Special counsel Robert Mueller noted that Cohen’s false claim that the project ended in January 2016 was an attempt to "minimize links between the Moscow Project and Individual 1” — widely understood to be Trump — "in hopes of limiting the ongoing Russia investigations.”

Now the two sources have told BuzzFeed News that Cohen also told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie — by claiming that negotiations ended months earlier than they actually did — in order to obscure Trump’s involvement.

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

This revelation is not the first evidence to suggest the president may have attempted to obstruct the FBI and special counsel investigations into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.

But Cohen's testimony marks a significant new frontier: It is the first known example of Trump explicitly telling a subordinate to lie directly about his own dealings with Russia.
What now? 'Anonymous sources! FAKE NEWS!' 'No big deal; everybody lies.'
It looks like Buzzfeed done fucked up.
https://www.apnews.com/58e8eff8dabb4b5289e4db16435a2b02
The statement by Mueller’s office on Friday night doesn’t cite any specific errors. In it, the special counsel’s spokesman, Peter Carr, said, “BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate.”
The Trumplicants will collectively orgasm over this. There will be confirmation bias the likes of which the world has never seen.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:51 pm

The Trumplicants will collectively orgasm over this. There will be confirmation bias the likes of which the world has never seen.
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k8craCGpgs[/yt]
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 pm
:lol: You sound like a revolutionary.

I just meant that as President he's done what is allowed, or has he not?
Tell me this; if you were so grossly incompetent at your job that you caused the company and employees harm would there or wouldn't there be a consequence? If you talked smack about a minority subset of employees in that company such that some of them received actual threats and harm from employees in the majority would you or wouldn't you be disciplined or fired? In fact let's not even go that far; if you have a criminal record and a litany of bad deeds and negative references would you even get the job?

Why is the president different? Why should the president be different? Where's the fairness? Where's the meritocracy?

There will be no consequence for Trump to Trump personally, but the tax payer will have to pay.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Dear all,

I've locked the three main Trump-related threads and redirected here.

Due to, erm, cross-contamination the general Trump thread, the 'fun' thread, and the Russia thread have become indistinguishable from each other. From now on any new thread which looks like it's going the same way will be merged into this thread, which we will let run and run and run... FOREVAH!! (Seriously, we're not going to lock this thread). You can consider this a kind of central repository for all Trump-related news and chat on Ratz, if you wish.

This decision may be summarised in the following terse passage...

• One thread to rule them all,
    One thread to find them,
    One thread to bring them all,
    And in the end combine them.

If you have been affected by any of the issues raised in this post
please call our 24hr confidential helpline for support and advice: [+1] 202 456 1414
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Ani, if I were so grossly incompetent at my job that I caused the layoff of thousands I'd expect a raise and bonus, and in the off chance I'm fired, a nice severance package. This is the world. Maybe that's why it's not different for the President.

I agree with you btw. Why should a man like Trump be allowed to become President? Other than it has always been this way?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:04 pm

The fun thread only got cross contaminated, I believe, because someone put "joke" in title of the main thread.

:dunno:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:06 pm

This is Trump's after president legacy. A generation of little shits.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Anyway, this is now Trump central - jokes, angst, despair and all...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:09 pm

They chant "build the wall" to fucking Native Americans!

:doh:

What a bunch of ignorant dickheads who've been encouraged to be ignorant dickheads from the highest post in the US.

I weep for the US.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Did Trump troll the left into studying 'Wounded Knee' and reflecting on gun control advocates, and their possible motivations?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:09 pm

What a bunch of ignorant dickheads who've been encouraged to be ignorant dickheads from the highest post in the US.

I weep for the US.
Don't let a minority of dickheads define the US for you. Trump is not America: America is not Trump.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Animavore wrote:

I weep for the US.
Don't let a minority of dickheads define the US for you. Trump is not America: America is not Trump.
65+ million support the criminal scumbag in the White House and make excuses for him. They are not a small, insignificant amount.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Animavore wrote:

I weep for the US.
I feel like what Trump supporters, Hitler supporters, Mussolini supporters, Stalin supporters, Bolsonaro supporters, etc, have in common is that they are basically the portion of humanity that's willing to administer the strongest shock in the Milgram experiment.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka