Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:18 pm
Animavore wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:09 pm
They chant "build the wall" to fucking Native Americans!

:doh:

What a bunch of ignorant dickheads who've been encouraged to be ignorant dickheads from the highest post in the US.

I weep for the US.
I feel like what Trump supporters, Hitler supporters, Mussolini supporters, Stalin supporters, Bolsonaro supporters, etc, have in common is that they are basically the portion of humanity that's willing to administer the strongest shock in the Milgram experiment.
...for the laugh.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 pm

50B2BDB3-FA22-479A-9DF2-D2D88431ADA4.png
Is this where the jokes go?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Trump is so smart, he can threaten to shoot a stranger while others observe. He can make this threat in a very public way, and still the smartest people in the country are unable to convict him of anything.
Seabass wrote:...stupid blather about popular psychology experiment, probably from a movie
The ones willing to administer the largest shocks were not the most interesting part of that experiment. I knew you all were fucks before I read about it.

The really interesting part is what would cause most people to stop administering shocks.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:26 pm

Narcissists Are Sick, Stressed, and Insecure
They put up a self-satisfied front that shatters every time something goes wrong.

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/vb ... SsTh938FJg
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Doxxing.

Seeing as their parents have failed them.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm

More scumbaggery and villainy from the white supremacist Trump administration.
DeVos Will Recommend the Removal of Civil Rights Protections for Students of Color
https://educationpost.org/devos-will-re ... wduQ9RHUjM

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:52 pm

Lol.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:17 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Animavore wrote:

What a bunch of ignorant dickheads who've been encouraged to be ignorant dickheads from the highest post in the US.

I weep for the US.
Don't let a minority of dickheads define the US for you. Trump is not America: America is not Trump.
65+ million support the criminal scumbag in the White House and make excuses for him. They are not a small, insignificant amount.
You've missed my point. 65+ million people, roughly a third of the population, are not chanting "Build a wall" at Native Americans. You're generalising from the particular. The majority of Americans are decent people who couldn't countenance and wouldn't tolerate that kind of thing. When you point at an entire demographic and go, "Look, you lot, you're all a fucking disgrace because of what these few people did!" you're falling into the same patterns of emotive vilification as the people you criticise -- the 'all libruls are commies and all commies is evil' brigade -- and in that the entire public discourse is degraded further.

The challenge, for all of us who deplore things like the goading of Native Americans, is to figure out how to resist being emotionally triggered and lashing out, but we can start by not defining a nation by its worst examples but by its best - like the people offering hope to immigrant families by putting them up in their homes, or the people feeding public service workers for free during the shutdown, or the kids from Florida standing up for fewer guns and a better future, or the countless others in the US who chose to help others when and where it matters, and in so doing help themselves to be better people living in better communities.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Animavore wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Animavore wrote:

I weep for the US.
Don't let a minority of dickheads define the US for you. Trump is not America: America is not Trump.
65+ million support the criminal scumbag in the White House and make excuses for him. They are not a small, insignificant amount.
You've missed my point. 65+ million people, roughly a third of the population, are not chanting "Build a wall" at Native Americans. You're generalising from the particular. The majority of Americans are decent people who couldn't countenance and wouldn't tolerate that kind of thing. When you point at an entire demographic and go, "Look, you lot, you're all a fucking disgrace because of what these few people did!" you're falling into the same patterns of emotive vilification as the people you criticise -- the 'all libruls are commies and all commies is evil' brigade -- and in that the entire public discourse is degraded further.

The challenge, for all of us who deplore things like the goading of Native Americans, is to figure out how to resist being emotionally triggered and lashing out, but we can start by not defining a nation by its worst examples but by its best - like the people offering hope to immigrant families by putting them up in their homes, or the people feeding public service workers for free during the shutdown, or the kids from Florida standing up for fewer guns and a better future, or the countless others in the US who chose to help others when and where it matters, and in so doing help themselves to be better people living in better communities.
A third of the population is loads. Way too much in fact. If it was a sickness it would be an epidemic and we would be quarantining the country and barring passage in or out, shooting planes out of the sky, etc.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:04 pm

For the record it's 63 million/320 million = about 20% of the US population. Alternatively, polling data shows they he usually has 35-40% support.

eta: I think I did the numbers once and found that roughly the same percentage of ze German population put the NSDAP into power. I could be misremembering though, and I'm too lazy to do it again...
Last edited by Seabass on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Sigh! I think Brian has a point. When you have cancer you don't focus on the sickness. You try to stay positive, focus on living, loving, etc

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Animavore wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:03 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:56 pm
Animavore wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Animavore wrote:

I weep for the US.

A third of the population is loads. Way too much in fact. If it was a sickness it would be an epidemic and we would be quarantining the country and barring passage in or out, shooting planes out of the sky, etc.
I guess my question is why are a few people behaving disgracefully towards Native Americans more significant or symbolic to you that the few people who are handing out 200,000 free meals a day in Washington to public services workers during the shutdown? Why does one seem to typify America and who Americans are more than the other?
Seabass wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:04 pm
For the record it's 63 million/320 million = about 20% of the US population. Alternatively, polling data shows they he usually has 35-40% support.
Ooops. I dropped a 100 million somewhere. :D
eta: I think I did the numbers once and found that roughly the same percentage of ze German population put the NSDAP into power. I could be misremembering though, and I'm too lazy to do it again...
And perhaps the way to ensure a fascist regime is to start by telling people that they're fascists now and treating them as such. That was sarcasm of course, but if one really wants to avoid fascism then one needs to look further up the political food chain than the lumpen prol, at the structure of democracy, the robustness of democratic institutions, the role of the legislature, the administration of justice etc. Sometimes it's easier to just call people Nazis and have done with it, eh?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying don't object to what is objectionable btw, or don't challenge or criticise, or even ridicule, just that contumelious vituperation and self-righteous indignation can only carry one so far before it becomes self-defeating, and perhaps a bit damaging.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Stump speech rejected before he gives it
:funny:
As elements of the president‘s move began to dribble out, senior Democratic leaders made clear they were not open to discussing it while the government remained closed. Senate Minority Whip DIck Durbin (D-Ill.), who authored a bill laying out some of Trump's proposals, said he would not support it while the government was closed and was only willing to talk once the shutdown ends.
Politico
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:34 pm
And perhaps the way to ensure a fascist regime is to start by telling people that they're fascists now and treating them as such. That was sarcasm of course, but if one really wants to avoid fascism then one needs to look further up the political food chain than the lumpen prol, at the structure of democracy, the robustness of democratic institutions, the role of the legislature, the administration of justice etc. Sometimes it's easier to just call people Nazis and have done with it, eh?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying don't object to what is objectionable btw, or don't challenge or criticise, or even ridicule, just that contumelious vituperation and self-righteous indignation can only carry one so far before it becomes self-defeating, and perhaps a bit damaging.
Yeah, yeah, I know. Being shitty to Trump sycophants won't solve anything. I'll just say in my defense that my venting on the interwebs does not reflect my behavior in the real world.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

It's therapy for me too! :D

Frank Zappa