All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Almost. I just hope he cant get his pension the fucker. May he reflect what damage he has done. Mind you I dont think Biden will do any better. America is well and truly fucked. The 1% are fully in control.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 pm

Yeah, when the capital gets sacked and the stock market hits a record high the next two days, it pretty much says it all.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Does this mean he got impeached again? Does this mean government can move lightning-fast to take this kind of action, but still can't find a way to give their citizens relief without 5000 pages of porkfat?
https://twitter.com/ConradMBlack/status ... 4900625409
This will be the second impeachment proceeding where a full transcript exists exonerating the president.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:11 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm

It's really bad political theatre but it plays well to the idiot Democrat rabble. Jesus I hate this fucking country sometimes. It's a completely useless gesture. It will not make it to the Senate floor, but even if it did, there's only a week left in his term. You can't impeach someone who isn't in fucking office. He won't get his pension? So what? He doesn't give a shit, he doesn't need the money, he already donates $399,999 of his $400,000 annual salary. Fucking children. Petulant, whiny, terminally offended, stupid children.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:50 pm

4) Covfefe.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:53 pm

Sounds like Mitch will leave it to the next Senate, so it's Schumer's circus to run.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is rejecting Democratic calls to bring the Senate back immediately to convict President Donald Trump, a decision that is likely to allow the President to serve out his final days in office.

McConnell's office made that clear to Senate Democratic Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's aides on Wednesday, according to Republican officials. The majority leader also sent a note to Republican senators telling them the chamber won't return until January 19, according to a person who has seen it, meaning an impeachment trial won't begin until the early days of Joe Biden's presidency.

In a statement released after the House voted to impeach, McConnell said, "Given the rules, procedures, and Senate precedents that govern presidential impeachment trials, there is simply no chance that a fair or serious trial could conclude before President-elect Biden is sworn in next week."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:58 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 pm
It's really bad political theatre but it plays well to the idiot Democrat rabble. Jesus I hate this fucking country sometimes. It's a completely useless gesture. It will not make it to the Senate floor, but even if it did, there's only a week left in his term. You can't impeach someone who isn't in fucking office. He won't get his pension? So what? He doesn't give a shit, he doesn't need the money, he already donates $399,999 of his $400,000 annual salary. Fucking children. Petulant, whiny, terminally offended, stupid children.
You can impeach judges and politicians forever.
"Most impeachments have concerned alleged crimes committed while in office, though there have been a few cases in which officials have been impeached and subsequently convicted for crimes committed prior to taking office."
The text has no time stated, it is more a matter of the office and the crime.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachme ... ted_States

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:55 am

In December 2019, the Washington Post interviewed six scholars about that very question. Three believed it was a possible but unsettled question that a former president could face a Senate trial; two others said the Senate lacked such powers; and one scholar believed the Senate could try a former president.

Scholar Frank O. Bowman also pointed out another precedent: the 1876 impeachment trial of William Belknap, who served as Secretary of War for President Ulysses S. Grant. Belknap faced allegations of receiving kickbacks, and he resigned moments before the House approved articles of impeachment. The House charged Belknap with “basely prostituting his high office to his lust for private gain.” At Belknap’s trial, the Senate passed a motion in a 37 to 29 vote that “William W. Belknap, the respondent, is amenable to trial by impeachment for acts done as Secretary of War, notwithstanding his resignation of said office before he was impeached.” The Senate later acquitted Belknap on all charges, lacking a two-thirds majority to convict.

A third precedent is the case of federal judge West Hughes Humphries. Humphries left the federal bench in Tennessee to join the Confederacy as a judge without resigning his federal commission. In January 1862, House member John Bingham led the investigating committee, which charged Humphries with high crimes and misdemeanors. The Senate found Humphries guilty on seven charges in June 1862, and in a separate vote, a unanimous Senate disqualified Humphries from holding federal office again.
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/can ... ves-office

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 am

Joe wrote:Sounds like Mitch will leave it to the next Senate, so it's Schumer's circus to run.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is rejecting Democratic calls to bring the Senate back immediately to convict President Donald Trump, a decision that is likely to allow the President to serve out his final days in office.

McConnell's office made that clear to Senate Democratic Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's aides on Wednesday, according to Republican officials. The majority leader also sent a note to Republican senators telling them the chamber won't return until January 19, according to a person who has seen it, meaning an impeachment trial won't begin until the early days of Joe Biden's presidency.

In a statement released after the House voted to impeach, McConnell said, "Given the rules, procedures, and Senate precedents that govern presidential impeachment trials, there is simply no chance that a fair or serious trial could conclude before President-elect Biden is sworn in next week."
But you can get a supreme court judge in only 8 days. I guess schedule and procedure is whatever Mich says it is.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 am

Trump wallowing
C1732767-D373-4F15-A399-37967234D661.jpeg
He’s by himself, not a lot of people to bounce ideas off of, whenever that happens he goes to his worst instincts. Now that Twitter isn’t available God only knows what the outlet will be," the source said.

One outlet Trump is focused on is wielding what power he has left: pardons. Multiple sources told CNN the next batch of pardons could come as soon as Thursday, in part to distract from the current narrative.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:26 am
Joe wrote:Sounds like Mitch will leave it to the next Senate, so it's Schumer's circus to run.

But you can get a supreme court judge in only 8 days. I guess schedule and procedure is whatever Mich says it is.
Mitch is all about power, and little else.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:39 am

:read: And wealth. Never forget wealth!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 am

laklak wrote:
Trump is deep in debt, so that pension will save him having to sell his children.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:04 am

laklak wrote:
To which charity? The Trump Preservation Society lak.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".