All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 am

Winning!
Over and over again, echoing the rest of his party, Donald Trump railed against the increasing federal debt during the administration of Barack Obama.

With debt hitting $21 trillion by the end of his presidency, Obama had “effectively bankrupted our country,” Trump tweeted a few months before he declared his own candidacy for Obama’s position. After the first Republican debate, he pointed to the debt and said America needed “someone like me to straighten it out.” Over the course of the campaign, Trump repeatedly criticized Obama for allowing the debt to hit $20 trillion.

In fact, it didn’t hit $20 trillion (or $21 trillion) under Obama. It hit those numbers under President Trump. And on Tuesday, the federal debt hit $22 trillion.
If we compare an equivalent period at the end of Obama’s presidency — the period, that is, that led into Trump’s presidency — the graph looks different. The change in the debt over the same number of days at the end of Obama’s administration was about a fourth of what Trump’s seen since.

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 am

Fake news! Fake FBI statistics!

'Trump dismisses FBI data, asks followers to trust him when he says border fence made El Paso safer'
During his rally in El Paso, Texas, on Monday night, President Donald Trump asked his supporters to disregard federal government data showing that a border fence didn’t make El Paso safer, and instead believe his assertion that the construction of fencing along the southern border was responsible for a dramatic decrease in violent crime in the city.

Trump’s comments indicated he won’t let facts get in the way of selling his followers what he wants to sell them — and judging by the uproarious reaction he received, they’re willing to buy it.
Of course they are. MAGA is to large extent nothing but a cult of personality at this point.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 am
MAGA is to large extent nothing but a cult of personality at this point.
:fix:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:03 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 pm
What flood?
How many illegal immigrants is ok with you?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:54 am

He only trolls. Every one knows that immigration from the south is negligible except Cunt who trolls everything he believes.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:03 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
What flood?
Sum is lotz
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:03 am
Brian Peacock wrote:
What flood?
Here is my full post...
Brian Peacock wrote:
What flood? Legal and illegal entry into the US has been falling for 10 years. It's barely a trickle now. Hermit posted the US government's own figures on this already (I think twice), there was even a graph. Nobody noticed. Flood, tidal wave, tsunami, hordes, invading armies, rapists, murders, terrorists; all these are emotive terms aimed purely at providing a post hoc justification.
Please point out where I offered an opinion on the optimum level of immigration - illegal or otherwise? I mentioned that the US government's own data shows a downward trend before suggesting that facts of the matter were being deliberately misrepresented for political ends. If you don't want to engage with the views or points of others don't quote their posts.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Typical Trump technique and just make bogus claims and ignore all the fact checkers. They could not care about numbers. Herr Fuhrer has stated there are hordes so there are hordes. No evidence just claims.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:05 pm

I dedicate this borrowed post (from a famous Ratzian on FB) to all our trolls. The Trumpists are referred to in there. I am in the middle of it all. At least half of the people in my suburb, maybe more, voted fot Trump. Because...evil government! Stay out of my life except give me Medicare at old age!
Someone on Quora asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote this magnificent response.

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace - all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing - not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility - for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is - his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults - he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff - the Queensberry rules of basic decency - and he breaks them all. He punches downwards - which a gentleman should, would, could never do - and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless - and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority - perhaps a third - of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:
* Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.
* You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws - he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God… what… have… I… created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:23 pm

:lol:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Brilliant! :funny:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:49 pm
Please point out where I offered an opinion on the optimum level of immigration - illegal or otherwise?
I looked for it, but didn't see it.

Maybe that's why I asked you the question. You know, to find out your opinion, rather than just declaring your opinion. I know it must be confusing to be questioned specifically about your vague claims, but why not just answer? Is the question embarrassing? Or do you need a minute to check with your advisers to tell you what you think is a good answer?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:56 pm

Here we go! This will be the end of Trump! This is great!
Trump will sign spending bill, declare a national emergency and 'other executive action' to build wall
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm

How many will that make?

By that I mean, how many national emergencies are currently 'declared'?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm

It doesn't seem any more ridiculous than a host of other things he's done. Will any republicans really care?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.