All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Seabass » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:32 pm

tattuchu wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm
:hehe: I like it, but they forgot "Creationists for Trump"...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:00 pm
Tero wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Vote for Trump! Because he said Believe Me! Guaranteed land slide!
Vote for Trump because he's keeping his promises, and doing a great job. The economy is humming, and he is doing what he said he would do.
Like draining the swamp? :ask:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:04 am

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 am

Promises made, promises kept! The economy is humming!

ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 477332002/
Immigration officials have deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, Evelyn Gonzalez Vieyra a U.S. citizen, in Phoenix without parents, according to the deported man's lawyer.

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last Monday on his way to his welding job and then deported to Nogales, Mexico, on Wednesday, said Ezequiel Hernandez, a Phoenix attorney.

Reached by phone, Gonzalez said he has been living in a shelter for deported migrants in Nogales, Mexico, a city he doesn't know, and is worried about his daughter.

"I feel so bad," Gonzalez said. "I'm thinking about, I might never see her again."

Gonzalez was married to Army Pfc. Barbara Vieyra, who was killed on Sept. 18, 2010, while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. She was 22.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:56 am

Repeats tweets to make them seem like facts.
42FF0E94-21BA-438F-8612-20561A3118F9.png

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 am

I've noted previously that the current Attorney General of the United States has a history of partisan actions and using his office to help shield executive branch Republicans from the legal consequences of their crimes. An excellent article in Just Security gives the details of his previous shenanigans in omitting important elements of a document he 'summarized' while fighting to prevent it getting to Congress. This deals with international law and may be boring to some, but the bottom line is that Barr is far from being somebody that the US Congress should rely upon to be honest and forthcoming.

'Barr’s Playbook: He Misled Congress When Omitting Parts of Justice Dep’t Memo in 1989'
On Friday the thirteenth October 1989, by happenstance the same day as the “Black Friday” market crash, news leaked of a legal memo authored by William Barr. He was then serving as head of the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel (OLC). It is highly uncommon for any OLC memo to make headlines. This one did because it was issued in “unusual secrecy” and concluded that the FBI could forcibly abduct people in other countries without the consent of the foreign state. The headline also noted the implication of the legal opinion at that moment in time. It appeared to pave the way for abducting Panama’s leader, Gen. Manuel Noriega.

Members of Congress asked to see the full legal opinion. Barr refused, but said he would provide an account that “summarizes the principal conclusions.” Sound familiar? In March 2019, when Attorney General Barr was handed Robert Mueller’s final report, he wrote that he would “summarize the principal conclusions” of the special counsel’s report for the public.

When Barr withheld the full OLC opinion in 1989 and said to trust his summary of the principal conclusions, Yale law school professor Harold Koh wrote that Barr’s position was “particularly egregious.” Congress also had no appetite for Barr’s stance, and eventually issued a subpoena to successfully wrench the full OLC opinion out of the Department.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am

Patterns becoming more pronounced lately. Coito on if the President pardoned someone for breaking the law:
Coito Two wrote:the President's unlimited pardon authority is unwise
Coito Two wrote:If it happened, I don't like it.
The restraint in the words chosen to denote disapproval is most commendable.

Coito on three members of the Democrat party - all women, and two of them of colour.
Coito Two wrote:Oh, she was called out for the stupid shit she says?
Coito Two wrote:the supporters of Ilhan Omar and AOC have some fucking nerve
Coito Two wrote:fucking piece of shit Maxine Waters
Not so much restraint now.

Has anyone else noticed a recently increasing use of unseemly words by our esteemed trumpeteer? He's been peppering one particular expletive with gay abandon. I found at least 15 instances in posts stretched over barely a week. Problems at home maybe, or is he just getting more Alex Jonesishly hysterically stark raving lunatic?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am

Tero wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:04 am
Trump ruins steel industry
https://mobile.twitter.com/sianoresist/ ... 4071470081
Reduction in Chinese demand, and the price of steel was dropping.

A drop in production is hardly "ruining" the steel industry.

It's a correction after a great 2018. However, the outlook for steel is excellent.

But, of course, every uptick is despite Trump, and every downturn is Trump's personal fault.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 am

Hermit wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:13 am
Patterns becoming more pronounced lately. Coito on if the President pardoned someone for breaking the law:
Coito Two wrote:the President's unlimited pardon authority is unwise
Coito Two wrote:If it happened, I don't like it.
The restraint in the words chosen to denote disapproval is most commendable.

Coito on three members of the Democrat party - all women, and two of them of colour.
Coito Two wrote:Oh, she was called out for the stupid shit she says?
Coito Two wrote:the supporters of Ilhan Omar and AOC have some fucking nerve
Coito Two wrote:fucking piece of shit Maxine Waters
Not so much restraint now.
You don't see a difference in the conduct? What would you say about Trump if he said exactly what Maxine Waters said?

The issue of Trump and pardons is a dry issue of policy. Every President has pardoned some really unsavory characters - serious criminals - unrepentant domestic terrorists - the like.

This is an allegation against Trump that has zero evidence that he even said it. And, the worst of it, if it's all true, is that he said he would pardon someone for violating an immigration law. Rather different than a sitting Senator asking that officials be harassed.

And, it's obvious why I was commenting on Omar and AOC - precisely because they are pulling the race and sex card to pretend as if they're getting worse treatment than others. They aren't. They're in the ring, Hermit. They don't have any problem acting similarly toward their political opponents, and this nonsense that they're "women of color" and therefore get worse treatment is a political ploy to stop criticism of their dopey statements and policies.
Hermit wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a recently increasing use of unseemly words by our esteemed trumpeteer? He's been peppering one particular expletive with gay abandon. I found at least 15 instances in posts stretched over barely a week. Problems at home maybe, or is he just getting more Alex Jonesishly hysterically stark raving lunatic?
Make it personal, as usual. :yawn:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:53 am

Hermit wrote:
Problems at home maybe, or is he just getting more Alex Jonesishly hysterically stark raving lunatic?
This way his supporters have of getting angry and super defensive on Trump's behalf, as if it you attacked them personally, is one of the reasons I compare them to the very religious. I've heard Muslims excusing throwing fits when someone insults Mohammed as being like if someone insulted their mother or father. The very religious see themselves as having a direct relationship with their objects of worship. People they've never met personally.

The funny thing, to me, with Trump, is that they are worshipping someone who likely disdains them and thinks little of them.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:53 am
Promises made, promises kept! The economy is humming!

ICE deports spouse of U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan
https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/po ... 477332002/
Immigration officials have deported the spouse of a U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan, leaving the couple’s 12-year-old daughter, Evelyn Gonzalez Vieyra a U.S. citizen, in Phoenix without parents, according to the deported man's lawyer.

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last Monday on his way to his welding job and then deported to Nogales, Mexico, on Wednesday, said Ezequiel Hernandez, a Phoenix attorney.

Reached by phone, Gonzalez said he has been living in a shelter for deported migrants in Nogales, Mexico, a city he doesn't know, and is worried about his daughter.

"I feel so bad," Gonzalez said. "I'm thinking about, I might never see her again."

Gonzalez was married to Army Pfc. Barbara Vieyra, who was killed on Sept. 18, 2010, while serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. She was 22.
This is a great example of why the entire system needs an overhaul. He was removed, but he was also allowed back into the US.

One - Gonzalez entered the US illegally, without inspection, in 2007. So, he came into the country illegally.

Two - When you enter without inspection illegally, you have to have your petition for a green card (based on marriage to US citizen) processed outside the US. That's why he did not have permanent residence, even though he was married to a US citizen. He just stayed in the country, working illegally.

Three - he was deported because he did not show up for the immigration hearing.

This really has nothing to do with Trump. The immigration law regarding processing green card applications of illegal entrants pre-dates Trump and similar enforcement has occurred for decades.

His big obstacle was the 3 and 10 year bar to reentry of the US -- established in 1996. If a person crosses into the US illegally without inspection, and if you stay for more 180 days or more then you leave, you are subject to reentry bar for three years. If you stay for more than a year, it's a 10-year bar. Again, this has been in place for 23 years.

What that means is that even though this guy came to the US at about 18 years of age, and then married an American, they couldn't apply for a green card here in the US. He would have to leave and get the application processed at an embassy in Mexico. But, he would be subject to the 10 year bar. So what he should have done is apply for a provisional waiver of the entry bar, and he would have been allowed to stay in the US during processing. If that was approved, he would have left to go to Mexico for processing of his green card application.

Now, obviously, this is a complex process -- but it is NOT a Trump process.

I would agree the system needs to be overhauled. Gonzalez should never have been in the country in the first place - he entered illegally - and stayed here without inspection and without a visa. No country allows that.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 am

Most of Congress likely to get the same report we do.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... department
they will spend two years trying to get more of it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:26 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 am
Hermit wrote:
Make it personal, as usual. :yawn:
Orly? As usual? Me? :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 pm

HermitthedudeobsessedwithdeadnamingFortyTwo wrote:
hysterically stark raving lunatic?
I didn't read the post, just found a titter in the obsession with deadnaming. Thanks for the boost to my mood :)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Borowitz ripped me off!
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... rpie-fumes
I had sharpies first!