All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:18 am

Trump dogs in Supreme Court jump at chance to overrule lower courts:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/23/politics ... index.html
Appeals process not followed. Trump and they are legislating from the bench.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:47 am

laklak wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:00 am
Most parks and reserves need to cull, why not make some money on it? Let the Big Game Hunter pay 10Gs to shoot a sick giraffe.
Hermit wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 am
Cunt wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:34 am
No, I'm saying that they DO. This method of forest managment is complicated, and exploits Trumps (and whoever else can be pressed into service)
Nobody is pressed into service. People are clamouring for the opportunity of shooting big game.

I do agree with government agencies making money out of big game hunters, provided the continued existence of species so hunted are, and remain safe. The grizzly bear is listed as a threatened species in the contiguous United States and endangered in parts of Canada, but not in Alaska, where about 30,000 of 55,000 of them live.
It seems that the only argument that can be put forward to support controlled big game trophy hunting is that the revenue generated assists conservation efforts, and/or that some animals need culling to manage their population dynamics.

In the current human-dominated world, animal populations are under increasing pressure, mainly from habitat loss, but also from pollution, climate change and introduced species. Humans have an ethical obligation to resist the tide of extinction and the reduction and impoverishment of wilderness. This process is best achieved though rational scientific agencies and wildlife rangers, properly funded and regulated by government. To say that rich thrill-killers can indulge their pleasures is surrendering to a capitalist model where value only arises via wealth and power, rather than rational management by the representatives of the people as a whole. If culling of large animals is required (which is less frequent than trophy hunting apologists insist), leave it to expert biologists, who can make decisions unsullied by the power of unfettered wealth.

Killing animals is not something to be taken lightly, with no thought of ethical considerations, in a world where nature is squeezed to the margins. Hunting and killing animals for food, in a rationally sustainable manner can be justified. Killing feral animals disrupting ecosystems likewise. If the hunters in these cases gain personal satisfaction (likely part of our hominid evolutionary heritage), then fair enough. Indulging without ethical justification is simply wrong.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:08 am

:this:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Coal power is run state by state. my state has done poorly, the penny pinchers want to use coal plant as long as possible. We have one nuclear plant.
Many states have responded. We are putting Trump's coal mines out of business. Only the cheap strip mining is in use.
What lowers emissions is technological innovation and market forces.

As the IEA noted in explaining the drop in U.S. emissions last year: “A 15% reduction in the use of coal for power generation underpinned the decline in overall US emissions in 2019. Coal-fired power plants faced even stronger competition from natural gas-fired generation, with benchmark gas prices an average of 45% lower than 2018 levels. As a result, gas increased its share of electricity generation to a record high of 37%.”
Toronto Sun

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 pm

People with no respect for hunters are funny. Our world has been (in some, highly artificial city type areas) free of the need to hunt for barely a few decades.

Having connected with some hunters, and faced my own use of meat, has improved my life MUCH more than anyone who sat, wealthy and easy-living, in a city telling others how to live.

Our world is varied, and if one misses out on the experience of hunting, they have turned away from our history. ALL our history.

We all eat life, and 'destroy the ecosystem' to forward our personal and community goals. Hunters do it in a less deniable way, than folks who wear animal products, eat animal products, use animal products (including plastic) and then complain about how someone else is using animal products. Hell, some of them even make more humans, then let them go do more of the same...

But yeah, it isn't TDS, even if those complaining ARE using oil and plastic (which are animal products) using farmed foods (where ALL the competing animals are killed) or living in cities (#remediatecities)

It's effectively standing on a mountain of bones to get a better view, then complaining about all the bones in sight.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:10 pm

all new WH employees will have to give Trump a blow job and a box of candy before being hired
7C6B22E5-8278-4219-AF6F-DDFD4778D795.jpeg
Last edited by Tero on Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:11 pm

E2D5BE88-1F9C-4736-98C2-47D0809FF82A.jpeg
More at Axios

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:14 pm

CNN?

Have they paid off Nick Sandman for 'journalisming' him?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:21 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 pm
People with no respect for hunters are funny. Our world has been (in some, highly artificial city type areas) free of the need to hunt for barely a few decades.

Having connected with some hunters, and faced my own use of meat, has improved my life MUCH more than anyone who sat, wealthy and easy-living, in a city telling others how to live.

Our world is varied, and if one misses out on the experience of hunting, they have turned away from our history. ALL our history.

We all eat life, and 'destroy the ecosystem' to forward our personal and community goals. Hunters do it in a less deniable way, than folks who wear animal products, eat animal products, use animal products (including plastic) and then complain about how someone else is using animal products. Hell, some of them even make more humans, then let them go do more of the same...

But yeah, it isn't TDS, even if those complaining ARE using oil and plastic (which are animal products) using farmed foods (where ALL the competing animals are killed) or living in cities (#remediatecities)

It's effectively standing on a mountain of bones to get a better view, then complaining about all the bones in sight.
If this is in response to my posts, then, as usual, you failed to understand them.

You don't have to be "anti-hunter" in general to oppose the obscenity that is rich trophy hunters.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm

President fires disloyal employees, replaces with allies. Video at 11.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm

laklak wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm
Yes, because making purge lists of people who have done nothing wrong other than commit the cardinal sin of not being a 100% servile toadie is a totally normal thing that all presidents do.
Seabass wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
William McRaven: If good men like Joe Maguire can’t speak the truth, we should be deeply afraid
William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed Osama bin Laden.

Edmund Burke, the Irish statesman and philosopher, once said: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Over the course of the past three years, I have watched good men and women, friends of mine, come and go in the Trump administration — all trying to do something — all trying to do their best. Jim Mattis, John Kelly, H.R. McMaster, Sue Gordon, Dan Coats and, now, Joe Maguire, who until this week was the acting director of national intelligence.

I have known Joe for more than 40 years. There is no better officer, no better man and no greater patriot. He served for 36 years as a Navy SEAL. In 2004, he was promoted to the rank of rear admiral and was chosen to command all of Naval Special Warfare, including the SEALs. Those were dark days for the SEALs. Our combat losses from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were the highest in our history, and Joe and his wife, Kathy, attended every SEAL funeral, providing comfort and solace to the families of the fallen.

But it didn’t stop there. Not a day went by that the Maguires didn’t reach out to some Gold Star family, some wounded SEAL, some struggling warrior. Every loss was personal, every family precious. When Joe retired in 2010, he tried the corporate world. But his passion for the Special Operations soldiers was so deep that he left a lucrative job and took the position as the president of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, a charity that pays for educating the children of fallen warriors.

In 2018, Joe was asked to be the director of the National Counterterrorism Center, a job he knew well from his last assignment as a vice admiral. He accepted, but within months of his arrival came the announcement of Coats’s departure as director of national intelligence. Maguire didn’t seek to fill the job; he was asked to do it by the president. At first he declined, suggesting that Sue Gordon, Coats’s deputy, would be better suited for the job.

But the president chose Maguire. And, like most of these good men and women, he came in with the intent to do his very best, to follow the rules, to follow the law and to follow what was morally right. Within a few weeks of taking the assignment, he found himself embroiled in the Ukraine whistleblower case. Joe told the White House that, if asked, he would testify, and he would tell the truth. He did. In short order, he earned the respect of the entire intelligence community. They knew a good man was at the helm. A man they could count on, a man who would back them, a man whose integrity was more important than his future employment.

But, of course, in this administration, good men and women don’t last long. Joe was dismissed for doing his job: overseeing the dissemination of intelligence to elected officials who needed that information to do their jobs.

As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:52 pm

JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:53 pm

If this is in response to my posts, then, as usual, you failed to understand them.

You don't have to be "anti-hunter" in general to oppose the obscenity that is rich trophy hunters.
Honestly, I feel the same way about Olympic marathoners.

I mean, I love running. I don't so much love the world getting together to piss away a bunch of resources on a runner who runs 0.1% faster than my local field.

I see trophy hunting the same way. Hunters have an 'olympics', one example is the Boone & Crocket score. I don't know much about it, but try to be respectful of their 'elite competition', even if it does piss a lot of resources away.

Currently, I'm avoiding running indoors because a friend was chatting with me, and felt bad about taking a jet to Australia to train for the Olympics.

You might know I disagree with the Olympics in general, some of the politicking around 'climate alarmism', and rich kids. It's true.

It's also true that he is a human, doing his level best to perform in his (ridiculously meaningless) sport field. Millions will be spent for his effort, between his training and spectators following his training and performance at the next Olympics.

Honestly, I don't think you can see me as other than a villian though. I try to remember it when your opinion turns a bit harsh.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:23 pm

This has got nothing to do with trophy hunting.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:37 pm
laklak wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:19 pm
Yes, because making purge lists of people who have done nothing wrong other than commit the cardinal sin of not being a 100% servile toadie is a totally normal thing that all presidents do.
It's not something a normal prez does, but it's certainly something frump has been known to do with appalling regularity.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping