All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Yeah, that's true, but it's also hard to face every day. So I don't mind engaging in a little bullshitting about their problem sometimes.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:04 pm
And Obama!
You jest, but they'll really do it!

Former Reagan administration economist Arthur Laffer ridiculed Americans with student loan debt and blamed the 2007 Great Recession on Barack Obama, who didn't begin his presidential term until January 2009.
https://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-econo ... rt-1403617

— Gretchen Carlson: “There’s a lot of feeling in the market not reacting very well to the election of Barack Obama.”
— Fred Barnes: “We have seen the stock market go down over 800 points the last two days. There is great uncertainty out there about [Obama’s] policies.”
— Dick Morris: “Now the other thing that I predicted in “Fleeced” is that the stock market would go crazy after he was elected. Not just because he’s a radical, not just because he’s a Democrat, but because he’s going to raise the capital gains tax. […] Its going to continue to tank.”
https://thinkprogress.org/fox-news-blam ... 89ab6fba1/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Goddam FAKE NEWS enemies of the people!!

Despite this piece ending on a flat note, I appreciate the refusal to just roll over and accept the constant stream of abject horseshit that comes out of the president's burger-hole. Just to note that the workers in the background of the speech referenced near the start of the segment were on the clock. If they didn't want to attend the speech, they would have had to clock out and take a pay cut. In addition, this was supposedly an official White House event, which means that Trump's visit to the plant was paid for by US taxpayers and should not have been used for politicking. Not that such ethical rules have ever meant anything to him.

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm

What? Report: Trump eyes U.S. purchase of Greenland
First Alaska, now Greenland.

President Trump has set his sights on America purchasing another ice-covered Arctic territory, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Citing “people familiar with the deliberations,” the Journal reported that Mr. Trump has “repeatedly expressed interest” in purchasing the autonomous territory from Denmark.

While the Journal cautioned that, according to its sources, Mr. Trump has spoken of buying Greenland “with varying degrees of seriousness,” it also has become somewhat of an obsession.

“In meetings, at dinners and in passing conversations, Mr. Trump has asked advisers whether the U.S. can acquire Greenland, listened with interest when they discuss its abundant resources and geopolitical importance, and, according to two of the people, has asked his White House counsel to look into the idea,” the Journal wrote.
:think:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm

:lol: --that's awesome

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Trump slipping on lies:
CNN)President Donald Trump made 21 false claims last week, well below his recent weekly tallies, as he stayed largely quiet in the wake of the massacres in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

Trump made 56 false claims the week prior. Twenty-one is the fewest he has made in the five weeks we have counted at CNN.
The pace of the President's dishonesty is strongly correlated with the total amount of time he spends talking. According to Factba.se, a website that tracks his utterances, Trump spoke for just 56 minutes last week, his lowest total for any week since a week in late January.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:19 am

He better move fast before it all melts away...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 am

I suspect he's banking on it. Maybe he knows why Eric the Red named it Greenland. :{D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:58 am

He knows about real estate. And a smart move in the face of global warming I suspect.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:52 am

Indeed! Apparently, the Norsemen who accompanied Eric prospered for several centuries until climate change in the form of the Little Ice Age caused their settlements to fail. I suspect Trump is thinking more of resorts with spectacular mountain views, and the little I've seen of it is spectacular, but agriculturally it may be a promising replacement for arable land elsewhere.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:07 am

He's probably thinking of an exclusive golf resort.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

POLITICS
Trump’s New Press Secretary Says She Doesn’t Need to Do Briefings Since Trump Is So ‘Accessible’
BY ANDREA JEFFERSON
AUGUST 14, 2019

Share Tweet Share Flip It Print
The newly installed White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said on Wednesday that she might consider bringing back White House press briefings, but that it’s not really needed since Trump is so accessible.

Asked in an interview with Sinclair Broadcasting’s Eric Bolling whether she would restore the briefings, Grisham said, “We’re going to talk about it. That’ll be ultimately up to the president.”

“The president also — he’s so accessible, so right now I think that’s good enough,” she added.

Grisham’s Wednesday night interview was her first TV appearance since becoming the White House press secretary, according to Sinclair.

Grisham also said that Trump takes reporter questions near Marine One and has had press presence in the Cabinet Room and Oval Office.

“He is the most accessible president in modern history so I don’t know what any of the press could complain about,” she said.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Good, now they'll have more time for actual journalism, like exposing Trump's corruption and incompetence.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm

I can't believe they aren't required.

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:45 pm

Personally, I'd like to see US Presidents have to do something like Prime Minister's questions in the UK.

Can you imagine Trump being grilled by the Dem's once a week? :hehe: