Media Bias

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Re: Media Bias

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:20 am

Facebook's Australia news ban: what is the social media giant up to and how will you be affected?
The company’s fight against the news media code has taken a dramatic turn. Will it mean more family photos and cat memes?

News has been banned from Facebook in Australia as the social media giant steps up its fight against the federal government’s proposed news media code. What does it all mean? Will we see news on Facebook again any time soon? Or will we be left with family photos and cat memes?
Who are the casualties?

All Australian news organisations are no longer able to post content to their Facebook pages and people based in Australia are not be able to link to news articles from either Australian or international news sites.

On Thursday morning, however, the block also affected a number of non-news site pages, including some state health departments, the West Australian fire and emergency services page, the WA opposition leader’s page, several charities including support for victims of family violence pages, and union pages.

Some of these were restored by midday on Thursday.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:23 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:15 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:04 am
L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:43 am
The malignant imbeciles at Fox News are trying to blame wind turbines for the power problems in Texas. Renewable energy bad!

Fox News doesn't have any worries though. Their supply of militant ignorance and mendacious flatulence appears to be infinitely renewable, and they have a ready market for the output of their array of outraged puddingheads.
Well, if the installation of those wind fans entailed putting offline some more reliable power generation systems, they just might have an inkling of a point...
If. As the article points out, most of the power generating capacity that has failed is from fossil fuel plants. Apparently they're not 'more reliable.' For instance, natural gas lines are frozen all across Texas, which means that natural gas power plants are shut down.

Texas has a mostly laissez-faire approach to its power generating capacity, which is in the hands of private industry. In 2011, a similar cold weather situation produced similar results, and the state recommended that the power companies do more to prepare for future cold weather events. It's considerably less expensive to ignore that recommendation, and the power companies did just that.

Wind turbines are used in places much colder than Texas, but again, building them to cope with the cold is more expensive.
More than 45 gigawatts of Texas electricity capacity has been shut this week, in many cases because the instrumentation froze over, according to the state’s grid operator. Natural gas, coal, wind and even nuclear facilities have gone dark because of the cold and wind turbines have stopped because of ice on the blades.

[source]
Duly noted, I didn't expect the gas plants to be shut down... and you are right on every point.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 am

As usual cut back on safety was the cause. If you dont pay for it then dont grumble when it breaks down.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Fecebook is a private company, and if the Aussies don't like it, they can just make their own.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am
Trump supporters are fundamentally racist.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Only fools rely on Facebook for their news. I'm not a fool. I know everything I need to know because Brian told me so. Well, he used to until he retired. Now The Daily Telegraph tells me.
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Fools like emergency service providers, hospitals, government officials and beer vendors.

Maybe locals is a better idea...
-various artists

I don't want to forget this enlightening quote by our prestigious and sage member...
Hermit wrote:

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:40 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:25 pm
Fools like emergency service providers, hospitals, government officials and beer vendors.
Yeah. How did they ever get their messages across before the internet?
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:25 pm
Maybe locals is a better idea...
Covered
So you talk about mobs and the working classes as if they were the question. You've got that eternal idiotic idea that if anarchy came it would come from the poor. Why should it? The poor have been rebels, but they have never been anarchists; they have more interest than anyone else in there being some decent government. The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. Aristocrats were always anarchists. - G.K. Chesterton

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:43 pm

NineBerry wrote:Very biased
Screenshot_20210217-235509.png
Only four?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Biden lied about not having vaccines when he was inagurated. (he must have forgotten)

The media seems to have provided context, showing that he must have not meant to lie.

They always did the same for Republican politicians, so no media bias.
-various artists

Hermit wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:54 pm

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1 ... 7637324800
NEW - Poland to advance new legislation to fine Big Tech platforms up to $13.5 million per case that censor users or remove posts for ideological reasons.

"Poland spent 45 years under communism," the Deputy Justice Minister says, "it taught us the value of free speech".
Poland calling for free speech? Don't they remember all the Polish jokes that used to float around?
-various artists

Hermit wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:51 pm
Biden lied about not having vaccines when he was inagurated. (he must have forgotten)

The media seems to have provided context, showing that he must have not meant to lie.

It's sweet that you're now concerned about an American president lying. Better late than never.

In this instance it's an obvious example of Biden misspeaking. That's OK; you might as well go ahead and call it a lie. Keep an eye out for more, because Biden has been known for his gaffes for decades, so you'll have plenty to crow about.

From a source you might find trustworthy because of their acknowledged right-wing bias:
Politicians and political commentators mocked President Biden for a gaffe Tuesday when he said "we didn't have" the COVID-19 vaccine when he came into office.

Biden made the slip-up during a CNN town hall with host Anderson Cooper. He had said earlier in the town hall that there were "50 million doses that were available" when he took office in response to a question about his administration's vaccine rollout, though fewer vaccines had actually been administered at the time.

"It's one thing about the vaccine – which we didn't have when we came into office – but a vaccinator, you need the needle, you need the mechanisms to be able to get it in," the president said. "Now, we have made significant strides increasing the number of vaccinators."

[source]

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:27 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:17 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:51 pm

It's sweet that you're now concerned about an American president lying. Better late than never.

In this instance it's an obvious example of Biden misspeaking. That's OK; you might as well go ahead and call it a lie. Keep an eye out for more, because Biden has been known for his gaffes for decades, so you'll have plenty to crow about.

From a source you might find trustworthy because of their acknowledged right-wing bias:
Politicians and political commentators mocked President Biden for a gaffe Tuesday when he said "we didn't have" the COVID-19 vaccine when he came into office.

Biden made the slip-up during a CNN town hall with host Anderson Cooper. He had said earlier in the town hall that there were "50 million doses that were available" when he took office in response to a question about his administration's vaccine rollout, though fewer vaccines had actually been administered at the time.

"It's one thing about the vaccine – which we didn't have when we came into office – but a vaccinator, you need the needle, you need the mechanisms to be able to get it in," the president said. "Now, we have made significant strides increasing the number of vaccinators."

[source]
I would expect you to excuse them. Of course it doesn't matter if he gaffes so hard he gaffes his VP...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bullsht-fox ... ostpopular
Axios’ interview with Harris, in which, the vice president said the Biden administration was “starting from scratch” with their vaccine strategy.

Smith claimed that Harris was making “false claims” about the Trump administration’s vaccine rollout, but she was drowned out by Kudlow, who was still mic’ed up and shouting “Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit!” The program tried to cut the audio at that point, even as Smith was heard reacting “that is Larry Kudlow weighing in…Wow.”
They need to claim all of the Turnip wins. They have none of their own. Except of course their two proud impeachments, and their partnership with social media platforms.

Both VERY good for the little guy.
-various artists

Hermit wrote:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Your issue is with Fox News, not me. They reported it as a gaffe and noted that he'd acknowledged earlier in the interview that there was a supply of vaccines. They might be lying to make Biden look better though. Maybe you should look into that.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:42 pm

My issue is with the media treatment of the Biden/Harris coordinating disinformation about 'starting from scratch'.

Lying politicians aren't the problem, but someone should be a bit more critical of them. Shame the media don't allow it, really. There is probably WAY more to see, where they aren't looking.

I wonder if they will be forced to report on the Crowder/Jones interview, and if they will be dishonest about that.

I found him quite believable, but the usual deal is to selectively edit to misrepresent what he said about something, alternating with showing his biggest historical errors.

All while misreporting the current story.
-various artists

Hermit wrote:

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:56 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:42 pm
My issue is with the media treatment of the Biden/Harris coordinating disinformation about 'starting from scratch'.
Nah. You saw that your claim about Biden lying wasn't supported even by Fox News, so you decided to move the goalposts and bring in something that Harris had said on a different issue entirely. Biden's gaffe was about the existence of a supply of vaccines, while Harris was commenting on the lack of a comprehensive national plan for distribution of the vaccines.

The fact is that the Trump administration did neglect to create a comprehensive vaccine distribution plan, leaving most of the work to the states. Harris was over-egging that when she said 'starting from scratch', but she isn't the only one who noted the facts.

'Romney: Lack of comprehensive vaccine distribution plan is "inexcusable"'