Media Bias

Post Reply
User avatar
Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart
Posts: 7331
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 am
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
I'm a bit left of center, according to the political compass app. Maybe your radar is bent...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists


If the moderation here is undesireable, remember you can comment on this site via the dissenter app, which no-one here has control over.

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 pm
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
I'm a bit left of center, according to the political compass app. Maybe your radar is bent...
Image
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

"I am a sick man... I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Forty Two » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm

JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:35 pm
rainbow wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:57 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:36 pm
This has nothing to do with communism. Since when does "communism = government?"
State ownership of the infrastructure.

You are in favour of this now?
The state always owns the government. That's not communism. Communism is an ideology involving class war and leading to a society in which all property and the means of production is publicly owned and each person works and is paid according to their abilities and needs. Having a government, or a police force, zoning ordinances, and the like, is not communism. Having public libraries, for example, is not communal reading - we have bookstores, and private ownership of the means of production of books.

The nonsense of conflating all government with communism is the far left's tactic to soften what communism actually is - the horror that it actually is - by suggestion "pshaw... so don't call that communal police force or fire department, then..." as of those things are "communist" by nature.
42, there is a continuous spectrum between virtually no government ownership and control (the ludicrous ultra-libertarian ideal) and total state ownership and control (old-style communism, clearly shown to be a dangerous failure). There is plenty of room for debate in the middle areas as to which human activities and structures are best suited to government ownership and/or control, and which are best left in private hands. One of the functions of a democracy is for voters in any given country to have a say on choosing the political party that best reflects the balance they prefer, one that will differ from country to country.

Some of your arguments seem a little on the paranoid side - you seem to suggest that the American "left" (such as it is) has a secret agenda to head way over to the communist end of the spectrum, even if their stated policies are little more than bog-standard European social democratic policies...
No, the American far left has that agenda. Moderate Democrats generally don't.

Bernie Sanders is a Socialist -- not a bog standard European social democrat. Ocasio-Cortez is a socialist. She is nothing close to bog standard social democrat. Worse than Bernie, though, she's uneducated - not well-read (which is a function of the US education system of the last 20 years. She thinks she knows economics, when she was a minor in Economics earning a "Bachelor of Arts" degree (which generally means much less focus on the core of the "major" and "minor" fields of study. To get a BA in international relations with an economics minor, she probably took like three classes in economics, and from the sound of her, she doesn't know shit.

The far left's new attachment to neo-Chartalism and Modern Monetary Theory is far to the left of the bog standard European social democrat, and their push in that direction is dangerous to the US and world economies.

A spectre is haunting the United States...the spectre of postmodernist philosophy, in a bed of ignorance, bogus economic theory, and Marxist dialectic.

The Green New Deal is more like the Great Green Leap Forward. https://mises.org/wire/aoc-and-green-great-leap-forward -

The old trope that what passes for "left" in the US is really considered "right wing" in Europe was never true, in my view. However, if it ever was even partly true, it most certainly isn't now.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Forty Two » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
Nonsense. I'm Liberal on most issues, with libertarian and civil libertarian tendencies.

You're just far left ideologue who thinks that "leftist progressive" means you're liberal. You're not. You're an authoritarian, and very likely more conservative on most issues than I am, which is why you mistake someone who holds liberal positions on most issues for a "conservative." To you, everyone who isn't a fucking progressive leftist or socialist is "conservative."

Your lack of respect for freedom of speech and individual liberty, and your tendency to mock those concepts, adds to your leftist authoritarian bent. You support people who chant "No Trump. No Wall. NO USA AT ALL!"

Anyone who would support socialism and the kind of massive government oppression that you support is very far left indeed. Given your personality displayed here, I have no doubt that you'd be among the first of your fellow students to pick up a Little Red Book and start denouncing the bourgeoisie. I can see you turning in a friend, teacher or family member, for sure, you and your Scarlet Banner of the Youth League - Seabass, the little Parsons Boy. You'd hear someone mumbling "Make America Great Again" in their sleep, and you'd report the thoughtcrime.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm
A spectre is haunting the United States...the spectre of postmodernist philosophy, in a bed of ignorance, bogus economic theory, and Marxist dialectic.
:funny: :funny: :funny:
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

"I am a sick man... I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49050
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm
Bernie Sanders is a Socialist
Rubbish. A number of us spent a page or more going through this ridiculous claim, and you ignore it all and then just make the same bogus statement again.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 60807
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:15 pm
A spectre is haunting the United States...the spectre of postmodernist philosophy, in a bed of ignorance, bogus economic theory, and Marxist dialectic.
:funny: :funny: :funny:
There's only one thing for me to post:
Well, I was feelin' sad and feelin' blue,
I didn't know what in the world I was gonna do,
Them Communists they wus comin' around,
They wus in the air,
They wus on the ground.
They wouldn't gimme no peace. . .

So I run down most hurriedly
And joined up with the John Birch Society,
I got me a secret membership card
And started off a-walkin' down the road.
Yee-hoo, I'm a real John Bircher now!
Look out you Commies!

Now we all agree with Hitlers' views,
Although he killed six million Jews.
It don't matter too much that he was a Fascist,
At least you can't say he was a Communist!
That's to say like if you got a cold you take a shot of malaria.

Well, I wus lookin' everywhere for them gol-darned Reds.
I got up in the mornin' 'n' looked under my bed,
Looked in the sink, behind the door,
Looked in the glove compartment of my car.
Couldn't find 'em . . .

I wus lookin' high an' low for them Reds everywhere,
I wus lookin' in the sink an' underneath the chair.
I looked way up my chimney hole,
I even looked deep inside my toilet bowl.
They got away . . .

Well, I wus sittin' home alone an' started to sweat,
Figured they wus in my T.V. set.
Peeked behind the picture frame,
Got a shock from my feet, hittin' right up in the brain.
Them Reds caused it!
I know they did . . . them hard-core ones.

Well, I quit my job so I could work alone,
Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes.
Followed some clues from my detective bag
And discovered they wus red stripes on the American flag!
That ol' Betty Ross . . .

Well, I investigated all the books in the library,
Ninety percent of 'em gotta be burned away.
I investigated all the people that I knowed,
Ninety-eight percent of them gotta go.
The other two percent are fellow Birchers . . . just like me.

Now Eisenhower, he's a Russian spy,
Lincoln, Jefferson and that Roosevelt guy.
To my knowledge there's just one man
That's really a true American: George Lincoln Rockwell.
I know for a fact he hates Commies cus he picketed the movie Exodus.

Well, I fin'ly started thinkin' straight
When I run outa things to investigate.
Couldn't imagine doin' anything else,
So now I'm sittin' home investigatin' myself!
Hope I don't find out anything . . . hmm, great God!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
Nonsense. I'm Liberal on most issues, with libertarian and civil libertarian tendencies.

You're just far left ideologue who thinks that "leftist progressive" means you're liberal. You're not. You're an authoritarian, and very likely more conservative on most issues than I am, which is why you mistake someone who holds liberal positions on most issues for a "conservative." To you, everyone who isn't a fucking progressive leftist or socialist is "conservative."

Your lack of respect for freedom of speech and individual liberty, and your tendency to mock those concepts, adds to your leftist authoritarian bent. You support people who chant "No Trump. No Wall. NO USA AT ALL!"

Anyone who would support socialism and the kind of massive government oppression that you support is very far left indeed. Given your personality displayed here, I have no doubt that you'd be among the first of your fellow students to pick up a Little Red Book and start denouncing the bourgeoisie. I can see you turning in a friend, teacher or family member, for sure, you and your Scarlet Banner of the Youth League - Seabass, the little Parsons Boy. You'd hear someone mumbling "Make America Great Again" in their sleep, and you'd report the thoughtcrime.
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Yeah, and Trump is totally liberal. And Steve King is not a racist. And Tucker Carlson is not a white nationalist. And racism is very unpopular in the US. And abortions are easy to get in the US. And no one is poor in the US.

Man, you've been marinating in far-right propaganda for so long, you think anyone to the left of Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter is a "leftist progressive socialist authoritarian".
Last edited by Seabass on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

"I am a sick man... I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”

User avatar
JimC
The sentimental bloke
Posts: 60807
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:58 am
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

42 is seeing the edges of those wedges getting thinner everyday. Soon, they'll only be one atom thick! :shock:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

User avatar
pErvinalia
Off his meds
Posts: 49050
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 pm
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'
Location: dystopia
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:45 pm

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"My penis is VERY small" - Cunt.

User avatar
Forty Two
Posts: 14841
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:01 pm
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Location: The Of Color Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:49 am

Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
Nonsense. I'm Liberal on most issues, with libertarian and civil libertarian tendencies.

You're just far left ideologue who thinks that "leftist progressive" means you're liberal. You're not. You're an authoritarian, and very likely more conservative on most issues than I am, which is why you mistake someone who holds liberal positions on most issues for a "conservative." To you, everyone who isn't a fucking progressive leftist or socialist is "conservative."

Your lack of respect for freedom of speech and individual liberty, and your tendency to mock those concepts, adds to your leftist authoritarian bent. You support people who chant "No Trump. No Wall. NO USA AT ALL!"

Anyone who would support socialism and the kind of massive government oppression that you support is very far left indeed. Given your personality displayed here, I have no doubt that you'd be among the first of your fellow students to pick up a Little Red Book and start denouncing the bourgeoisie. I can see you turning in a friend, teacher or family member, for sure, you and your Scarlet Banner of the Youth League - Seabass, the little Parsons Boy. You'd hear someone mumbling "Make America Great Again" in their sleep, and you'd report the thoughtcrime.
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Yeah, and Trump is totally liberal.
Not totally, but he was more liberal than most of the other Republican candidates, which is the point I made about Trump. Way more liberal than Ted Cruz, for example. The point I made about me is that I'm liberal on most issues. I'm not some freak-ass leftist scumbag, of course. But those people think they're liberal, but really their the furthest thing from it.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And Steve King is not a racist.
He may be. What does that have to do with me?
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And Tucker Carlson is not a white nationalist.
He's not. Only a complete idiot or a liar would say that. But, even if he was, what does that have to do with me?
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm



And racism is very unpopular in the US.
It is, except to douchebag leftist scumbags who say "every white person is racist" and "minorities can't be racist" and other douchebaggery of that nature.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And abortions are easy to get in the US.
They are. If you lived here, you'd know that.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And no one is poor in the US.
Who said that? Nobody? Nobody at all? Only a real moron would think I said anything like that, or a lying piece of shit. One or the other. What I did say is that the poor in the US, by and large, generally speaking, live better than just about anywhere else in the world, and what qualifies as "poor" in the US generally beats the "middle" in most of the world. And the numbers are obvious on that. Only someone with an agenda - a propaganda driven idiot, like an SJW Leftist Progressive, or someone else of that ilk, would think like you do.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Man, you've been marinating in far-right propaganda for so long, you think anyone to the left of Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter is a "leftist progressive socialist authoritarian".
You don't even know what you're talking about. You just project your own faults on others. You're just a leftist bumper sticker.

I'd never call Rush Limbaugh left wing, but you'd call him a Nazi, fascist, white supremacist, or words to that effect, because you've been so steeped in leftist bullshit that you probably sincerely think he is one. LOL

Image
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

User avatar
Joe
Posts: 1494
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:10 am
Location: The Hovel under the Mountain
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Joe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:10 am

A 'liberal' who cites the Mises Institute equating the Green New Deal to the Great Leap Forward and calls Bernie Sanders a socialist?

You see the damnedest things on the internet. :lol:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"as far as strong, i am hard as a rock and tough as a nail. no one will bring me down. no one. i am the debonator. the tnt. and jesus has my back door pal!" - D. C. Bockemehl
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

User avatar
Seabass
Posts: 4093
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:32 pm
About me: Natural instinct for science
Location: The River of Blood
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:49 am
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 pm
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm
You are far-right. The entire Republican party is far-right.
Nonsense. I'm Liberal on most issues, with libertarian and civil libertarian tendencies.

You're just far left ideologue who thinks that "leftist progressive" means you're liberal. You're not. You're an authoritarian, and very likely more conservative on most issues than I am, which is why you mistake someone who holds liberal positions on most issues for a "conservative." To you, everyone who isn't a fucking progressive leftist or socialist is "conservative."

Your lack of respect for freedom of speech and individual liberty, and your tendency to mock those concepts, adds to your leftist authoritarian bent. You support people who chant "No Trump. No Wall. NO USA AT ALL!"

Anyone who would support socialism and the kind of massive government oppression that you support is very far left indeed. Given your personality displayed here, I have no doubt that you'd be among the first of your fellow students to pick up a Little Red Book and start denouncing the bourgeoisie. I can see you turning in a friend, teacher or family member, for sure, you and your Scarlet Banner of the Youth League - Seabass, the little Parsons Boy. You'd hear someone mumbling "Make America Great Again" in their sleep, and you'd report the thoughtcrime.
:funny: :funny: :funny:

Yeah, and Trump is totally liberal.
Not totally, but he was more liberal than most of the other Republican candidates, which is the point I made about Trump. Way more liberal than Ted Cruz, for example. The point I made about me is that I'm liberal on most issues. I'm not some freak-ass leftist scumbag, of course. But those people think they're liberal, but really their the furthest thing from it.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And Steve King is not a racist.
He may be. What does that have to do with me?
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And Tucker Carlson is not a white nationalist.
He's not. Only a complete idiot or a liar would say that. But, even if he was, what does that have to do with me?
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm



And racism is very unpopular in the US.
It is, except to douchebag leftist scumbags who say "every white person is racist" and "minorities can't be racist" and other douchebaggery of that nature.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And abortions are easy to get in the US.
They are. If you lived here, you'd know that.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm

And no one is poor in the US.
Who said that? Nobody? Nobody at all? Only a real moron would think I said anything like that, or a lying piece of shit. One or the other. What I did say is that the poor in the US, by and large, generally speaking, live better than just about anywhere else in the world, and what qualifies as "poor" in the US generally beats the "middle" in most of the world. And the numbers are obvious on that. Only someone with an agenda - a propaganda driven idiot, like an SJW Leftist Progressive, or someone else of that ilk, would think like you do.
Seabass wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 pm
Man, you've been marinating in far-right propaganda for so long, you think anyone to the left of Rush Limbaugh and Anne Coulter is a "leftist progressive socialist authoritarian".
You don't even know what you're talking about. You just project your own faults on others. You're just a leftist bumper sticker.

I'd never call Rush Limbaugh left wing, but you'd call him a Nazi, fascist, white supremacist, or words to that effect, because you've been so steeped in leftist bullshit that you probably sincerely think he is one. LOL

Image
You need to quit smoking crack, homie. You're straight up delusional.

Let me get this straight—you've got a Hayek quote in your sig, you cited a mises.org article earlier, you think the following are legitimate, credible news sources/journalists:

Sputnik News
Right Wing News
Tomi Lahren
Laura Loomer
Alex Jones
Infowars
Mike Cernovich
Mark Dice
Newsbusters
Gateway Pundit
True Pundit
Zerohedge
Breitbart
Political Insider
Daily Caller
The Blaze
Daily Wire
Washington Times (the moonie paper!)
American Thinker
Jordan “Lobster Man” Peterson aka “Beef ‘n Water diet” Peterson aka “Wash your dick and wipe your ass” Peterson
Satoshi Kanazawa
Anthony Watt
Wattsupwiththat.com
Jack Posobiec

... and you think I'm the one with wacky political views? I'm more or less a Democrat who votes Green when it's safe (ie no Republicans in the race). Any sane person who hasn't spent years swimming in far-right propaganda can see that your political views are farther from the center than mine. Regardless of whether or not it's good or bad, your political views are objectively further outside the mainstream than mine. Of course, there's nothing particularly wrong with holding political views that are outside the mainstream, but for fuck's sake, if you do, at least have the courtesy to admit it. Stop acting like you're the normal one, and everyone else is crazy. If you want to proselytise Trumpism at the rest of us, fine, but don't talk to those of us who do not accept Trump as the one true god and savior like we're the fanatical ones. You're the fanatic. Even in the US you're in the minority 35% that still supports trump. Outside the US? Forget about it. The rest of the world hates the fat orange prick.
Hey, Torquemada, whaddaya say?
I just got back from the auto-da-fé.
Auto-da-fé, what's an auto-da-fé?
It's what you oughtn't to do but you do anyway...

"I am a sick man... I am a wicked man. An unattractive man. I think my liver hurts."

“In the meantime, rest well and dream of large women.”

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 38040
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 am

The most worrying thing about watching a person slide over a number of years from a rational, sane person, to a complete crank, is that you end up worrying if it could happen to you or anyone you know. Like imagine if, for instance, if Dawkins started supporting creationism and started making really bad arguments he has to know are shit and quoting and referencing Answers in Genesis. What type of psychosis or loss of mental faculty or impairment would someone like that have to suffer from to fall to the wayside like that?

Look after your mental health.
"[Donald Trump] a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
- New Zealand mosque shooter.

User avatar
Animavore
Nasty Hombre
Posts: 38040
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:26 am
Location: Ire Land.
Contact:

Re: Media Bias

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:23 am

Seabass wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 am
Stop acting like you're the normal one, and everyone else is crazy.

I believe that's what they call 'gaslighting'.

Seabass wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 am
The rest of the world hates the fat orange prick.

'Cept the Russians.
"[Donald Trump] a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose".
- New Zealand mosque shooter.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest