Media Bias

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: Media Bias

Post by rainbow » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 am

The perpetually concerned chunk of vomitus Tucker Carlson gets mention in the piece as well, ...
:shifty: That is no way to talk about the future President. :shifty:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Vomitus for President does have a certain dystopian ring to it.  
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:30 pm

A dyspeptic dystopia, if you will.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:31 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:09 pm

I think they forgot something... :think:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:01 am

Zero shame.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:21 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:38 pm

How Political Fact-Checkers Distort the Truth
Glenn Kessler and his ilk aren't sticking to the facts. They're promoting a moderate dogma.
At the June 28 Democratic presidential debate, Senator Bernie Sanders said, “Three people [in this country] own more wealth than the bottom half of America.” And Glenn Kessler, who leads The Washington Post’s “Fact Checker” blog, wrote, “This snappy talking point is based on numbers that add up.” But Kessler, having checked the fact and confirmed that it was true, for some reason continued checking. “People in the bottom half have essentially no wealth,” he helpfully pointed out. “So the comparison is not especially meaningful.”

That seems like a judgment call best left to, say, a “meaning-checker,” but Kessler, a former business section editor who happens to be a descendant of Royal Dutch Shell and Procter & Gamble executives—an actual member of the American elite and a likely member of the one percent—makes Sanders the regular target of his attempts to police the bounds of acceptable political realities from his perch at The Washington Post. In June, he dinged Sanders for saying that “millions of Americans are forced to work two or three jobs”—because, while Sanders was right, at least eight million do work more than one job, 95 percent of Americans don’t. His team has also taken on Sanders’s claim that health care costs lead to 500,000 bankruptcies a year, going so far as to fact-check the study where Sanders found that statistic. Finding fault with its premises, they declared the study to be untrue, and awarded the candidate three “Pinocchios” for referencing it. (In the lexicon of the Post’s fact-checking department, lies, rather than causing Pinocchio’s nose to grow, cause him to spontaneously reproduce, like a very naughty paramecium.)
https://newrepublic.com/article/156039/ ... tort-truth

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Centrists are fascism's enablers. Image
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 pm

A story about the Fox News digital side getting a make-over in the image of the almighty Hannity.

'Hannity’s Crony Has Taken Over Fox News Digital—and It’s a Disaster, Staffers Say'
“For many years, there was a distinction between the channel and the website, where the focus of digital was primarily news with a smattering of opinion articles that focused on both sides of any issue,” another current staffer told The Daily Beast. “Now, the website has slowly become another outlet for the channel’s right-wing opinion on-air talent. Their divisive commentaries now take center stage on the website’s homepage while the articles around them target anything Democrat and boost anything GOP, regardless of what is right or wrong.”

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:37 am

Murdoch will have his fun - and his pound of flesh.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:25 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:54 am
Hermit wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:40 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:57 am
We are not in the mess you lot are in or anywhere near it.
What data do you support that assertion with?
I dont have to prove a negative do I. There many conflicting reports that experts say no conclusion can be made. The RIVM came out with another report yesterday into the size of droplets required to transmit the virus. Again more confusion. Again official data is put into doubt.
Since July, if masks worked, or if shut-downs worked, or if the opposite worked, one of the regions trying that method (or none) would show as a clear 'winner'. Trouble is, looks like none of it is having much effect. Locked or not. Masked or not. Distanced or not.

Makes me wonder if the vaccine will have any effect on lockdowns, mask mandates or cancelling concerts.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Victoria, Australia would like a word with you.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:37 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:26 pm
Victoria, Australia would like a word with you.
Sorry, but with their soaring rates of infection, I'll keep my distance.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 pm

Doesn't the news make it to Bumfuck, Canada? Victoria crushed its second wave with masks and lockdowns. They haven't had a case or death now for 40 odd days.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.