Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:40 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:29 pm
Aye, Twitter is now owned by a billionaire and the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia - bastions of free speech both.

- Saudi Arabia: Man Sentenced to Death for Tweets - Saudi woman given 34-year prison sentence for using Twitter

But at least they're owning the libs now, eh?
At least they publicized the US intelligence interference in their moderation.

And they aren't doing great on free speech, but it isn't hard to do MUCH better than the lefty governments and social media giants in general.

Taylor Lorentz is now complaining about threads censoring her lol
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/1 ... ins-about/
William Shakespeare meant exactly this when he wrote, “Hoist with his own petard.”

Cry bully and far-left reporter Taylor Lorenz has recently voiced her frustrations about what many conservatives have experienced for many years: being shadowbanned on social media.
She's the jackass who doxxed the owner of the 'libsoftiktok' account. I guess she didn't like that someone was reposting the BLINDINGLY STUPID stuff posted by the vigorously left-of-stupid. It's nice to see her growing. There is a chance she'll learn the value of freedom of speech.

I doubt it, but why not be hopeful?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:00 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:40 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:29 pm
Aye, Twitter is now owned by a billionaire and the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia - bastions of free speech both.

- Saudi Arabia: Man Sentenced to Death for Tweets - Saudi woman given 34-year prison sentence for using Twitter

But at least they're owning the libs now, eh?
At least they publicized the US intelligence interference in their moderation.
Wooosh!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:02 pm

Geez, wouldn't it be better if there WAS a way to have free speech somewhere, rather than letting various corporations, governments and unnamed billionaires?

Or do you prefer censorship?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 pm

What's your point?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:41 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:12 pm
What's your point?
That free speech is more important than everyone's feelings. I asked if you thought it was better to have (ugly, disagreeable, dangerous) free speech or censorship by various orgs.

I know that when the left is in charge of things, they see no reason not to ban 'hatespeech' (as they define it), or other dangers to public health.

You get that those tools will be in the opposing parties hands, right?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:00 pm

Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:41 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
What's your point?
That free speech is more important than everyone's feelings.
Unless you tweet in Saudi Arabia.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:03 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:00 pm
Cunt wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:41 pm
Brian Peacock wrote:
What's your point?
That free speech is more important than everyone's feelings.
Unless you tweet in Saudi Arabia.
I still don't know if you prefer free speech or censorship, but it sounds like free expression of ideas isn't high on your priority list.

My guess is that because of that, you don't hear ideas contrary to the gatekeepers.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:05 pm

What are you talking about? Define 'free speech'.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:11 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:05 pm
What are you talking about? Define 'free speech'.
A presidential candidate should not have his material censored by the government he is trying to replace.

Or are you good with that, because the people on top must be right to do so?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:13 pm

A president should not incite a riot to make a political point. Or are you OK with that?

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:18 pm

You must have forgotten to answer.

But this guy didn't do that. You may have been making assumptions. Answer, then we can move forward. Or don't.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:07 am

It's all a matter of perspective. If you find Trump simpatico, then whatever trouble he gets himself into is obviously somebody else's doing. That is the essential doctrine of Trumpism.

The horrible, completely 'unfair and biased' judge claims to be concerned for the safety of his staff, the prosecutors, and the witnesses.

Not without reason: they've been receiving a number of death threats. The judge is aware of incidents in which some devoted Trump follower has followed through by attacking or attempting to attack the subjects of Trump's ire. As judges do fairly regularly when dealing with troublesome defendants he has ordered that Trump can't make pointedly prejudicial comments about staff, prosecutors, and witnesses.

We all know that nasty comments are Trump's stock in trade. Restricting (even in such a very specific way) his ability to make such comments is undeniably hitting him where it hurts. Anything that hurts the Baron of Grift is necessarily a great injustice. His constitutionally protected free speech is being interfered with. While he's trying to get into the White House again!

All the Trumpist has to do is listen to Trump: The judge is obviously one of those Trump Derangement Syndrome people and Trumpists can connect the dots. It's only through the mainstream media that we even know about the death threats. The Trumpist knows that they're in on it and they regularly lie to hurt Trump. The uniparty/Deep State/communists are being outrageously unfair to Trump, and those who've been taken in by mainstream media refuse to see it.

On the other hand, for those who understand that even Trump is not above the law, it's obvious that he's doing what he reliably does, which is act as if the laws don't apply to him.

Within a few months of Biden putting Merrick Garland in as Attorney General plenty of those on the left began grousing about how long it was taking Garland to do something like appoint a special counsel to address Trump's attempt to stay in office after losing the election. Personally, I agree with that sentiment. I think Garland was much too slow to act--he should have got in a special counsel within a year of taking charge of the Department of Justice. I don't know why waited but he's known for being a cautious, deliberative type. Still, waiting as long as he did adds a bit of extra angst to the Trumpist narrative. Of course Trump would have made the same claims of political persecution regardless of timing and the Trumpist faithful would have sung from the same sheet. Garland's timing may help some fence-sitters (there must be a few) swing to Trump. It's not optimal, in my opinion.

Then again, I'm basing my opinion on my knowledge of Trump's behavior and a passing familiarity with the criminal justice system as well as reporting from various sources. All of that is irrelevant and/or suspect as far as the Trumpists are concerned.

Joe

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:07 pm

I remember Garland saying this would take time because they were starting with the smaller cases and working their way up to the big offenders. As I understand it, that's not unusual. The small cases build evidence, defendents take plea deals in exchange for testimony, and make stronger cases against the bosses. Giving the political ramifications, he wants to have an ironclad case.

Of course, Trump is banking on his ability to delay the prosecutions until after the election. If he can get elected, he becomes immune from federal indictment and criminal prosecution while in office. Then he can turn his allies in the Georgia and federal legislatures, plus the power of the Presidency, on the Georgia case and quash it in some way.

As you say, Trumps supporters will be fine with that because it owns the libs. :fp:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:17 pm

I was thinking about all those people who don't follow news much but still dominate the polls.

When they hear fake news from Fox, what would convince them that the news from the left (MSNBC) is real and not the same made up shit?
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:01 pm

They might not watch news broadcasts/media, but the news is all around us all, all the time, on social media, at work, in the family, normal social interactions at the grocery store, etc etc. So the overall picture isn't so much about what stories are true or convincing for this-or-that (very loosely defined) group, but which ones people relate to in their own lives and which ones reflect or challenge their values and perspective on things.

Frank Zappa